Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Well as the game has full control of the FFB/Trueforce once it's loaded, it's got to be a GT7 issue in some way, but not one we can replicate here. Different PS5 consoles with different wheels all produce the same response: GT7 is the 'master' with any setting on the wheel acting as a "slider" within the limits set by the settings in GT7; and the values set by GT7 are all applied when starting the game.

We'll report it to Polyphony and see if they have any feedback. Are you on PS4 or PS5?
Thanks for the update. I have PS5 and running the PS5 GT7 version.

but I would need to set below the recommended 35
That'd be okay. The recommendations for the various games are really just good starting settings by Logi to save you having to start from scratch, and from there you can then adjust to suit your own requirements. So tweak away. 😉

That'd be okay. The recommendations for the various games are really just good starting settings by Logi to save you having to start from scratch, and from there you can then adjust to suit your own requirements. So tweak away. 😉
Yep, just tried putting wheel TF Audio back to 100 and adjusted GT7 in game vibration down to 15 to get a similar TF feel - restarted GT7 and TF feel is good without having to adjust anything. So yes, leave wheel TF Audio at 100 and adjust in GT7 setting otherwise there is an issue. GT set to 15 vibration is still a little stronger than when I had the wheel TFAudio set to 25 bit its close enough and at least the TF feel remains after GT7 game restart.

Thanks for the suggestion! And more helpful info for logi_rich and PD.

Last edited:
Well as the game has full control of the FFB/Trueforce once it's loaded, it's got to be a GT7 issue in some way, but not one we can replicate here. Different PS5 consoles with different wheels all produce the same response: GT7 is the 'master' with any setting on the wheel acting as a "slider" within the limits set by the settings in GT7; and the values set by GT7 are all applied when starting the game.

We'll report it to Polyphony and see if they have any feedback. Are you on PS4 or PS5?
Just seen your reply.

IfandOr had a suggestion, which did help so I have ended up with keeping TF Audio at 100 on the wheel but adjusting the GT7 in game Controller Vibration setting down to 15 to give me a similar TF feel when the wheel was set to 25.

As you say, GT7 is the 'Master' so it makes sense.

Hmmm, it may be operating correctly then and it's a subjective thing? Before I report this to Polyphony, let's get some context here - leave the wheel TF Audio at 100 and set the vibration to 150, 100, 50, 35 in-game and let me know which one feels like what you previously described as "Trueforce being at 100%".

Hmmm, it may be operating correctly then and it's a subjective thing? Before I report this to Polyphony, let's get some context here - leave the wheel TF Audio at 100 and set the vibration to 150, 100, 50, 35 in-game and let me know which one feels like what you previously described as "Trueforce being at 100%".
Will do some testing and report back. Did not realise the GT7 in game vibration setting can go to 150!

Just tested 150, 100, 50, 35, 15

150, 100 - very strong and the road feels like a dirt track. What stood out immediately is you can FEEL the car gears when changing up - very nice but the road etc.. are too strong. I noticed the wheel unit is more noisy and wheels internal gears chunking away - reminded me of when I used my Log G29 wheel.

50 - you can still just about feel the gears when changing up and tf audio is still strong but less than the 150 / 100 as you would expect.

35 is softer and can't really feel the car gears when changing them up and but still feel the road etc... but too strong for my liking.

15 is still feels the same and conpares to when I had the wheel TF Audio to 25 - its a subtle feeling and does not overpower FFB and road feedback etc...

It was an interesting exercise and can see the power of the wheel. will need to test more to see if i may want more tf audio.

Last edited:
Okay, so it looks like this isn't a bug then - that all sounds exactly as I'd expect and it's down to subjective perception of what's a "good" level for TF Audio. Totally agree re: 150/100 - it's way too high at those levels and was actually the cause of some consternation from G923 owners, when the recent console update fixed an issue where those wheels weren't in Trueforce mode if already connected when the console started up. Suddenly the wheel was working correctly, but because the Vibration setting was at its default of 100 (or people had increased it to 150 for when using the controller) the wheel was making a lot more noise than they were used to.

As usual, my advice (and I'm sure they'll have this written on my grave at this point, because I say it so much! :)) is to set it at a level where it's subtly informing you of what the car is doing without overwhelming the experience. Where that level is, is of course entirely subjective.

Okay, so it looks like this isn't a bug then - that all sounds exactly as I'd expect and it's down to subjective perception of what's a "good" level for TF Audio. Totally agree re: 150/100 - it's way too high at those levels and was actually the cause of some consternation from G923 owners, when the recent console update fixed an issue where those wheels weren't in Trueforce mode if already connected when the console started up. Suddenly the wheel was working correctly, but because the Vibration setting was at its default of 100 (or people had increased it to 150 for when using the controller) the wheel was making a lot more noise than they were used to.

As usual, my advice (and I'm sure they'll have this written on my grave at this point, because I say it so much! :)) is to set it at a level where it's subtly informing you of what the car is doing without overwhelming the experience. Where that level is, is of course entirely subjective.
I think I did not appreciate the power and what TF Audio brings to the game. I thought I would test the mid point of 75 vibration setting in a race and I have to say it opened my eyes to what you can feel when driving, like the car changing the gears up and the cars tyres beginning to lose their grip on the road - it seems to add a new dimension so will have to test / tweak some more.

Thank you for your help and info.

Last edited:
It would be interesting if PD let us adjust some of that stuff like stronger gear shifts and what not, but it also opens a can of worms, sometimes too many settings just gets confusing.

I’m at 40 vibration in the game and 100 trueforce on the wheel. GT7 torque is 6 and sensitivity is 2. I’ve upped the wheel strength to 8.5 since the update as some of my fav street cars are maybe a bit too light now, I wish they’d just close that FFB strength from comfort tires to racing tires just a wee bit. Filter and dampener are both one below Logitech suggested settings.

Its definitely subjective because I’ve seen posts of people running 10 torque and 11 on the wheel and 8 sensitivity and 100 trueforce and 60-70 vibration. I think the wheel would rip my arms off if I had gt7 at 10 and the wheel at 11 lol

Last edited:
It would be interesting if PD let us adjust some of that stuff like stronger gear shifts and what not, but it also opens a can of worms, sometimes too many settings just gets confusing.

I’m at 40 vibration in the game and 100 trueforce on the wheel. GT7 torque is 6 and sensitivity is 2. I’ve upped the wheel strength to 8.5 since the update as some of my fav street cars are maybe a bit too light now, I wish they’d just close that FFB strength from comfort tires to racing tires just a wee bit. Filter and dampener are both one below Logitech suggested settings.

Its definitely subjective because I’ve seen posts of people running 10 torque and 11 on the wheel and 8 sensitivity and 100 trueforce and 60-70 vibration. I think the wheel would rip my arms off if I had gt7 at 10 and the wheel at 11 lol
I am very happy with the following settings:

STRENGTH 11
TF AUDIO 100
FFB FLTR AUTO
DAMPNER 12
ANGLE 900
BRAKING FORCE 25

-------------

Controller Steering Sensitivity: 5 (Very important!!!)
Vibration Strength: 75
Force Feedback Max Torque: 7
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 10 (Very important !!!!)

TC 1
ABS WEAK
ASM Off
Countersteering Assistance OFF

I am also someone who likes to drive with very high FFB settings, but you should perhaps distinguish whether all the people are really sitting in one rig, or one table.

Maybe that also makes a difference. Or maybe everyone is sitting in the rig by now? :D

I'm also coming from a Fanatec DD1, maybe that's why. :)

I am very happy with the following settings:

STRENGTH 11
TF AUDIO 100
FFB FLTR AUTO
DAMPNER 12
ANGLE 900
BRAKING FORCE 25

-------------

Controller Steering Sensitivity: 5 (Very important!!!)
Vibration Strength: 75
Force Feedback Max Torque: 7
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 10 (Very important !!!!)

TC 1
ABS WEAK
ASM Off
Countersteering Assistance OFF
In any case, I will try it too. Thank you!

I am also someone who likes to drive with very high FFB settings, but you should perhaps distinguish whether all the people are really sitting in one rig, or one table.

Maybe that also makes a difference. Or maybe everyone is sitting in the rig by now? :D

I'm also coming from a Fanatec DD1, maybe that's why. :)
Well, I’ve only driven fairly weak wheels so maybe I’m just working up to it. I used to run strength at 7.5 but I’m up to 8.5 now so who knows by end of summer I might have it up to 11 With GT7 on 6 Torque. My rig is solid enough, 1” 1/10th square tubing welded up, the new one I’m gonna make will be rock solid. It’s more just the having to fight the wheel. I bet that’s it though, as you get used of it, you crank it up.

I bought the VR for a month ago or something like that. And i absolutely LOVE it! Cant see myself racing in any other way now. (which totally ruinied ACC for me due to no VR there)
But there is a couple of things to have in mind.

Its NOT crystal clear 4K resulotion as many of the youtubers claim. Its a bit grainy and a downgrade from playing it on a TV. The footage shown in those videos does not represent what you see in VR. But its good enough, these things goes away the minute the race starts. And you are just sucked in to the car as you were there IRL. the immersion is incredible.
VR just looks too bad to use it vs the 55"OLED 4K even with a RTX4090. Why people think blurry corners vs crystal clear 4k is better I just don't get.

Back on topic..not sure why I bought the xbox version of the wheel. Had the PS version of the T-GT2 but never had a PS5 but I would hazard a guess that 90% of users are going the PS route. Would love to know the stats. It's my understanding that people can buy a diffferent PS wheel for the base down the line if needed so that's at least an appealing option.

Last edited:
Amazing that this "increment-decrement to instantiate the existing settings" issue is exactly the one I reported here last year.

Rich encouraged me to update my firmware, which took a lot of effort 'cause I had to borrow a computer, but unfortunately it didn't solve the "problem". That was in December IIRC.

I'd have thought it would've been fixed by now, but if I'm reading this correctly, it's a PD thing and there's nothing Logitech can do about it?

Last edited:
VR just looks too bad to use it vs the 55"OLED 4K even with a RTX4090. Why people think blurry corners vs crystal clear 4k is better I just don't get.
I also didn't get it, and I guess you won't get it either unless you spend enough hours in GT7 VR with a PSVR2 + G Pro in a solid frame.

I was massively disappointed when I first tried GT7, rather stupidly I fell for the 4K hype and review videos and so was expecting 4K per eye. I thought about returning it but as it turns out that would have been a massive mistake. Once the G-Pro was dialled in for maximum realism and my brain had time enough to adjust to the new inputs generated by the VR and wheel, everything changed.

After 2 weeks I felt that I really missed the incredible 65" 4K HDR visuals of GT7 on my TV, so I moved the furniture (no mean feat) and dragged the Trophy back in front of the TV....

Wow... what a disappointment that was! After 10 minutes I switched it off and put everything back, vowing never to race outside of VR again. If you're watching someone else race then yes the 4K is great, but I do not miss it at all in VR because it is just so damn real. I know now that I will never, ever be tempted to go back to a flat screen.

Yes it's true that it is fiddly to get the sweet spot in PSVR2 and middle/far distance is a little 'fuzzy', but the sheer realism FAR outweighs this shortcoming and, after a while, it's hardly noticeable when you're racing. Near distance graphics, i.e. cars near to you and in-car graphics, still look amazing in VR, almost as good as 4K, and those are the only details that you really notice in the heat of a race.

With this kind of VR setup the ONLY thing missing is the G-force and your brain seems to forget all about that after a while, connecting all your other senses completely to the VR lie. Even after 2 months racing every day, every day it still blows my mind how real this feels and I exit the seat feeling like I just spent an hour in a real racing car. It's the TrueForce that makes all the difference, feeling every gear change, track detail and wheel scrub through the wheel and Trophy frame results in a truly real experience that I am now completely addicted to.

I actually spent the first 4 weeks in cars with a solid roof, then when I dropped into an open top car for the first time... BANG... VR delivered yet another huge WOW moment I won't soon forget. This just keeps on getting better and better. When I first raced F1 on my PS1 decades ago, I never imagined in my wildest dreams that this would be possible in the home within my lifetime.

Yep, VR is the only way for me to play GT7. And this applies to all racing games that are marketed as sim racers. For me personally, if a sim racing game does not offer a VR mode, it's automatically a hard pass. After playing GT7 in VR for a couple of weeks, there's absolutely no way I would want to downgrade my experience back to flat projection. The clear 4K TV visuals are absolutely nothing compared what the VR immersion can be. Once you're in the heat of race you don't think about visual clarity. It's utterly a non existent issue.

VR is several levels better experience than my 2000 nits 65" QLED 4K TV, even if I sit 1.5m from the TV, I still have hard time telling where the corner starts or where the barrier walls are. In VR I can judge the distances in centimeter precision and feel the rotation of the car sooner. And that's just for starters. Not going to mention the incredible immersion of GT3 cars in VR vs. flat representation. No words can describe it.

Last edited:
VR is several levels better experience than my 2000 nits 65" QLED 4K TV, even if I sit 1.5m from the TV, I still have hard time telling where the corner starts or where the barrier walls are. In VR I can judge the distances in centimeter precision and feel the rotation of the car sooner.
Agreed 100%, absolutely everything is streets ahead of 2D, apart from the resolution which is of little importance now that we have 2K per eye. I tried racing in VR several times with a HTC Vive Pro but the low res wasn't near enough, but PSVR2 with G-Pro really is a new revolution in sim racing. Happy days!

Agreed 100%, absolutely everything is streets ahead of 2D, apart from the resolution which is of little importance now that we have 2K per eye. I tried racing in VR several times with a HTC Vive Pro but the low res wasn't near enough, but PSVR2 with G-Pro really is a new revolution in sim racing. Happy days!
Ok at the risk of insulting and bogging this down into subjective rants about the state of VR I'll go with respecting that people like you prefer the 3d immersion over graphical fidelity - which is fine.

For people who haven't used VR you need to know that 2k is like bad eyesight and you have to leave forward to read a lot of dash text. It is NOT streets ahead of 2d in 4k. Far from it. Daniel Morad the professional GT racer uses three 1080p monitors in his daily training setup.

Last edited:
Ok at the risk of insulting and bogging this down into subjective rants about the state of VR I'll go with respecting that people like you prefer the 3d immersion over graphical fidelity - which is fine.

For people who haven't used VR you need to know that 2k is like bad eyesight and you have to leave forward to read a lot of dash text. It is NOT streets ahead of 2d in 4k. Far from it. Daniel Morad the professional GT racer uses three 1080p monitors in his daily training setup.
Well I did say streets ahead 'apart from the resolution'.

You said that you don't get why folk would think that 'blurry corners is better than 4K' and that's not it. Obviously 4K is visually better than 2K and if you need fine dashboard detail to be easily readable then fair play. It's the multitude of other factors that, for me at least, far outweigh that shortcoming and make 2D racing, which I have always loved dearly, now seem almost unplayable in comparison to VR.

Anyway certainly no offence taken here buddy, we all have the same passion at heart and I consider all opinions equally valid and welcome, however misguided they may be.

(lol. just kidding last part!!)

PSVR2's image clarity in VR is high enough, 4x times the pixel count of PSVR1. I have zero issues reading the dashboard information. Never have to squint or do anything special. It's good enough for me. In the end everything is subjective and I definitely prefer immersion over 4K. With the inevitable release of PSVR3 in the future, the clarity issues should be largely resolved for most users. I'm pretty sure the VR sim racing will only grow bigger in the user numbers. GT7 is a topic that comes up daily in the PSVR2 reddit thread, people are buying rigs and wheels and getting their mind blown, there's appreciation posts deluge and rightfully so.

Last edited:
Well I did say streets ahead 'apart from the resolution'.

You said that you don't get why folk would think that 'blurry corners is better than 4K' and that's not it. Obviously 4K is visually better than 2K and if you need fine dashboard detail to be easily readable then fair play. It's the multitude of other factors that, for me at least, far outweigh that shortcoming and make 2D racing, which I have always loved dearly, now seem almost unplayable in comparison to VR.

Anyway certainly no offence taken here buddy, we all have the same passion at heart and I consider all opinions equally valid and welcome, however misguided they may be.

(lol. just kidding last part!!)
I had to do this, sorry. An hour in VR and it was a breath of fresh air coming back to grab that 4k screenshot for comparison. Only thing that's fun in VR is looking around after you spin out or the looking over at corners which is unnecessary for fast laps.

Look at the distance it looks like a nintendo64 game. I even think I had that bumped 10% resolution.:lol:

Honestly I won't say anymore about VR. ;)

I had to do this, sorry. An hour in VR and it was a breath of fresh air coming back to grab that 4k screenshot for comparison. Only thing that's fun in VR is looking around after you spin out or the looking over at corners which is unnecessary for fast laps.

Look at the distance it looks like a nintendo64 game. I even think I had that bumped 10% resolution.:lol:

Honestly I won't say anymore about VR. ;)
How did you get the VR screenshot? Was it taken from inside the Quest 2 headset? I didn't know that was possible.

Honestly though, that looks absolutely nothing like the view in a PSVR2 headset. True that the far distance detail is not there like it is in your 4K shot, but the dash/interior looks the exactly the same, pin sharp. Other cars and middle distance track detail are also 100% sharper and clearer than shown here. The whole image on the right looks blurry regardless of distance. Is the Quest 2 really that bad or could your camera have failed to focus properly on the image?

Maybe VR isn't for everyone, but for me there's simply no comparison. I've been sim racing for 40 years and GT7 on PSVR2 + G-Pro is the most fun I've ever had on a racing game.

How did you get the VR screenshot? Was it taken from inside the Quest 2 headset? I didn't know that was possible.

Honestly though, that looks absolutely nothing like the view in a PSVR2 headset. True that the far distance detail is not there like it is in your 4K shot, but the dash/interior looks the exactly the same, pin sharp. Other cars and middle distance track detail are also 100% sharper and clearer than shown here. The whole image on the right looks blurry regardless of distance. Is the Quest 2 really that bad or could your camera have failed to focus properly on the image?

Maybe VR isn't for everyone, but for me there's simply no comparison. I've been sim racing for 40 years and GT7 on PSVR2 + G-Pro is the most fun I've ever had on a racing game.
I tried PSVR1 with GTS. What a blurry mess that was. Also didn't like the complete disconnect from reality. You are right VR is not for everyone.
I use a 104 inch projector screen and if you sit close enough, it is very immersive as well.

It's displayed on the desktop as well, I just captured a screenshot.
They have practically the SAME resolution and ALL pictures online show similar levels of blurriness. There is nothing "pinsharp" about the Quest 2 or the PSVR2.
The only reason I'm talking about VR is because you're talking nonsense...."pin sharp" "streets ahead" "revolutionary".

Here is a pic of GT on PSVR2 from a website's review. VERY blurry. Also lets not forget to mention the stuffiness and discomfort from extended VR play.

Last edited:
Back