Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

I tried PSVR1 with GTS. What a blurry mess that was. Also didn't like the complete disconnect from reality. You are right VR is not for everyone.
I use a 104 inch projector screen and if you sit close enough, it is very immersive as well.
I agree, PSVR1 was awful and so was any other VR headset with 1080p screens. The tech has only just now become good enough for VR racing. You get used to the reality disconnect, that's kind of the point. It becomes like getting into a teleportation machine, blink and you're no longer in your room but on a real track driving a real car, minus the g-forces of course (oh if only!). I've also raced plenty on projector and 3 screen setups, it's great but IMHO there's nothing like the feeling of physically driving the car from inside of it with depth perception.

Each to his own of course but I have to say that I also didn't prefer VR to flat screen until I had spent over 7 hours in it; I missed the freedom to look away from the screen and the 4K visuals, but now it's completely the opposite. I think the brain needs time to make sense of the new inputs and become 'connected' to the new reality that you experience inside VR and, as many have said, your lap times usually improve once that happens.

As VR tech improves and becomes more affordable I truly believe that flat screen racing will become a thing of the past, but only time will tell.

Honestly I won't say anymore about VR. ;)
If you prefer clarity over immersion and realism, be my quest.
I tried PSVR1 with GTS. What a blurry mess that was.
Yes, that was last gen tech. PSVR2 is a league ahead. Like going from PS1 to PS2, in terms of clarity.

Also lets not forget to mention the stuffiness and discomfort from extended VR play.
First time, I couldn't play more than a few minutes without getting motion sickness. After building my VR legs with PSVR1 starting in 2016, I can drive in GT7 for hours without feeling anything but immersion.

I'll leave here one more piece of opinion. Human beings have two eyes, to capture the scene in two slightly offset images, so that the brain can reconstruct a 3D representation of it, enabling us to judge distances to objects and their size. This is how real race car drivers perceive what is happening on the track. They don't look either at flat screens, nor triple screen setups. VR is trying to emulate exactly that and is in terms of scene and object perception the closest thing to realism of being a racing driver you can get right now and objectively if you try to quantify it using math terms it will always win in all fields, except for the visual clarity, which is a thing that will be solved as the tech gets better with future development.

My recommendation, If you're looking for realism and immersion and want to get as close as possible to what racing drivers experience, go for VR. If you still need crystal clear picture quality and don't care much about getting yourself immersed as much as possible, as close as currently possible to the purest experience of being a racing driver, go for the 4K TV.

It's displayed on the desktop as well, I just captured a screenshot.
They have practically the SAME resolution and ALL pictures online show similar levels of blurriness. There is nothing "pinsharp" about the Quest 2 or the PSVR2.
The only reason I'm talking about VR is because you're talking nonsense...."pin sharp" "streets ahead" "revolutionary".

Here is a pic of GT on PSVR2 from a website's review. VERY blurry. Also lets not forget to mention the stuffiness and discomfort from extended VR play.

That pic really is 'streets ahead' of the ridiculously blurry image you showed before and comparing a static image to feeling full VR immersion is like comparing a video of walking in a park to actually walking in a park.

Ask anyone using a PSVR2... when you look inside the car, even if you put your nose right up to the steering wheel, there's no hint of blur and zero pixellation, you just can't get close enough to see the individual pixels. Try a close up inspection of a car in the showroom.

But really dude, quotes like 'you're talking nonsense' are unnecessary, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I get it, no matter what anyone says you'll never give up your big screens and that's totally fine.

If you're looking for realism and immersion and want to get as close as possible to what racing drivers experience, go for VR.
That's exactly it, I have driven real race cars on real tracks and VR is the only way to get anywhere close that that experience. Surely that's the ultimate goal of any kind of simulation.

Last edited:
Sorry for breaking into a thread that's all about the benefits/disadvantages of VR! 😉
At the risk of continuing the VR talk I'll just say Foveated rendering. It's an eye tracking technology that that the VR2 uses but the Quest and many others don't and its results can't really been seen on any 2d screen capture. I believe it is, when setup correctly, why many are saying the image is quite sharp.

Anyway a question that was at risk of getting lost about... what was it now... oh yeah the G Pro wheel. 🙂
Can someone tell me the best Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel setup for F1 2022?
From the Logitech site the recommended initial settings are Filter 10 and Dampener 45. There's no TF audio. In game settings below.
game-settings.png

That's for the PS version. Take a look at the site if you are on a different platform.

It's my understanding that people can buy a different PS wheel for the base down the line
I think it's the other way around. The PlayStation compatibility is built into the base of the PS version. The Xbox compatibility is built into the wheel. So you would need a PS version and then an Xbox wheel (when available) for use on both systems. Again, I think.

That pic really is 'streets ahead' of the ridiculously blurry image you showed before and comparing a static image to feeling full VR immersion is like comparing a video of walking in a park to actually walking in a park.

Ask anyone using a PSVR2... when you look inside the car, even if you put your nose right up to the steering wheel, there's no hint of blur and zero pixellation, you just can't get close enough to see the individual pixels. Try a close up inspection of a car in the showroom.

But really dude, quotes like 'you're talking nonsense' are unnecessary, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I get it, no matter what anyone says you'll never give up your big screens and that's totally fine.

That's exactly it, I have driven real race cars on real tracks and VR is the only way to get anywhere close that that experience. Surely that's the ultimate goal of any kind of simulation.
Is it though? You actually looked at those two pics and came to the conclusion that PSVR2 is streets ahead. :lol: I hate to have said you were talking nonsense but there you just went again. Calling a spade a spade. Everyone is entitled to enjoy what they want but when you start saying things that just aren't true I have to step in. THEY HAVE THE SAME RESOLUTION(more or less). This isn't a matter of "opinion" and foveated rendering only improves frame rates.

I'm perfectly ready to give up the big screen when a VR set comes out with genuine 4k for each eye and is comfortable with good screens and lenses at a reasonable price and is wireless.(Never going back to wired, had the Vive and sold it)

AAAnnnyway....is it just me or are the lightsync edits on GHub for the Gpro not saving/savable?...nevermind just updated Ghub and I see the save option now.

Last edited:
and picture clarity as well, directly confirmed by 17bit developers via a vlog, check Digital Foundry for more.
I think you've misinterpreted what they're saying. There's nothing on their PSVR2 review that mentions anything about improved visual clarity.

@Letsrace..if you're going to put a crap emojii on everything I'm saying I'll do likewise for you kid. If you have something to say then say it if you have the intellect.

Last edited:
I tried setting the Wheel FFB Filter to 'Auto' - it does not feel right compared to when FFB filter is set to 8 for playing GT7. When in Auto, it feels like it changes the vibration feeling to be stronger when driving and Force feedback seems less smooth.

Can Logi_Rich or someone explain FFB Filter setting and I presume it should remain set to 8 for GT7?

Last edited:
Auto tries to match the filter with the rate at which the game updates its FFB/physics. It’s all about personal preference though really - higher values will give you a smoother-feeling experience but go too high and you will be missing out on detail. Lower values give you a rawer experience.

Auto tries to match the filter with the rate at which the game updates its FFB/physics. It’s all about personal preference though really - higher values will give you a smoother-feeling experience but go too high and you will be missing out on detail. Lower values give you a rawer experience.

So is the FFB Filter Auto setting now supported and works with GT7 - On a reddit forum, a Logi rep said the Auto setting is not recognised / supported in GT7?

Anyone with the Logi Pro Pedals?

I am still testing but currently using from bottom to top - small brown end foam, then Brown Elastomer then Large beige foam for the Brake Pedal - seems ok. My brake force on wheel is currently only at 17.

Are there any recommendations. I know its personal preference but knowing what others are using may help.

Thanks.

I've just gone with the default factory setup and 22kg (or 25 - I can't remember) for now.

Haven't touched it since November when I bought the rig and haven't felt any need to just yet.

If anything, I may stiffen it a tad so as to avoid slamming the end-stop, but ATM it's only a gentle tap every now and again.

So is the FFB Filter Auto setting now supported and works with GT7 - On a reddit forum, a Logi rep said the Auto setting is not recognised / supported in GT7?
That Logi rep would be me - if it's on the subject of wheels then it usually is me. :)

What I said back then was true - they weren't using it. However, these things can change when a title is in active live development (as GT7 is) and we've asked Polyphony whether they are using it now. I'll let you know.

I've just gone with the default factory setup and 22kg (or 25 - I can't remember) for now.

Haven't touched it since November when I bought the rig and haven't felt any need to just yet.

If anything, I may stiffen it a tad so as to avoid slamming the end-stop, but ATM it's only a gentle tap every now and again.
From memory, I believe (but I could be wrong) that the default factory setup is as follows; Small beige foam, then yellow, then large beige foam from bottom to top?

That Logi rep would be me - if it's on the subject of wheels then it usually is me. :)

What I said back then was true - they weren't using it. However, these things can change when a title is in active live development (as GT7 is) and we've asked Polyphony whether they are using it now. I'll let you know.
Thanks Logi_rich, would be good to have PD confirm.

Are there any recommendations.
As you say it's down to personal preference combined with how your pedals are mounted. Plus of course the games you may be playing may affect it since their braking characteristics might be different.

With the pedals solidly mounted (but not on a rig) I'm currently using the brown topped small foam with the yellow and brown elastomers. Since it's a little smaller in diameter I put the yellow nearest the plunger thinking that the larger brown one will then make full contact with the foam. Using 30 to 35 kgs of force I find it quite progressive.
Although I have got fairly used to this now so I'm thinking about swapping the yellow out for the red to make it stiffer.

With it any lighter, giving more travel, I personally found it to feel more position based rather than force based.

Default is small foam, large foam and red elastomer - I think.

Anyone with the Logi Pro Pedals?

I am still testing but currently using from bottom to top - small brown end foam, then Brown Elastomer then Large beige foam for the Brake Pedal - seems ok. My brake force on wheel is currently only at 17.

Are there any recommendations. I know its personal preference but knowing what others are using may help.

Thanks.
I tried a few variations then settled on using the small brown + yellow/brown to give a 24mm travel and 30kg brake force.

Last edited:
As you say it's down to personal preference combined with how your pedals are mounted. Plus of course the games you may be playing may affect it since their braking characteristics might be different.

With the pedals solidly mounted (but not on a rig) I'm currently using the brown topped small foam with the yellow and brown elastomers. Since it's a little smaller in diameter I put the yellow nearest the plunger thinking that the larger brown one will then make full contact with the foam. Using 30 to 35 kgs of force I find it quite progressive.
Although I have got fairly used to this now so I'm thinking about swapping the yellow out for the red to make it stiffer.

With it any lighter, giving more travel, I personally found it to feel more position based rather than force based.

Default is small foam, large foam and red elastomer - I think.
I may try this setup as still tweaking - so your order is small brown topped foam, the. the brown elastomer, then the yellow - from bottom to top?

I tried a few variations then settled on using the small brown + yellow/brown to give a 24mm travel and 30kg brake force.
Can I ask which order your yellow / brown is - is it Small Brown Topped foam then yellow then brown - bottom to top?

so your order is small brown topped foam, the. the brown elastomer, then the yellow - from bottom to top?
Yep, that's it. 👍

I don't think the order of the elastomers is critical, but I do it that way for the reason mentioned above.

@LOGI_Rich just as an FYI, I have updated the firmware and naturally GT7 is up to date, and have found that the high FFB Filter 'wobble' has significantly improved, but after about an hour of driving it is still there.

From what I recall, I think you said previously that it would also take an update to the SDK version in the game for the fix to be complete?

Patiently waiting for some H shifter news to complete this amazing setup :D

If that's too stiff give the yellow and red a try.

In either case you'll probably have to increase the pressure a bit to start compressing the harder elastomer.
Brown and Yellow is good thus far but will test the Red / Yellow too and hopefully, by next week, I will decide the final configuration. Its nice to have to options but does need testing over a few races / days to adapt - it also works well with my Next Level Racing Wheel Stand 2.0.

For the GT7 / Wheel settings, I have gone back to in game GT7 vibration setting of 35, 6 FFB and the Logi Pro wheel is Strength 8, FFB Filter 8 and TP Audio 25 - it just seems more consistent and these settings are close to the original Logi site settings here: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/8358055253271

I did try the wheel at Strength 11 /FFB Filter Auto / TP Audio 100 and with the same game settings as above, but something did not feel right these past few days - I was getting inconsistent FFB strength / Trueforce feel when doing the same race / car in GT7 - so far, being back at the previous settings, its consistent with plenty of FFB and Trueforce feeling being subtle but enjoyable / very noticeable.

I am on the laterst Firmware too - 133.3.97

Does anyone else have an issue where the rotary knob encoders sometimes does not register a click left or right doesn't matter, but need to be turned 2 clicks initially to be consider 1 click? Doesn't happen every time but in GT7 when I want to change from the weather menu to the TCS menu or fuel map, it won't register the correct number of clicks I feel? Are they just like that due to cheap rotary encoders or do I have a faulty unit? My old G923 was also like that, I wonder if that is just how they are?

From memory, I believe (but I could be wrong) that the default factory setup is as follows; Small beige foam, then yellow, then large beige foam from bottom to top?
You asked me but I honestly don't know 'cause you mentioned 2 foams.

Rich posted earlier that it's:
"Red and Beige with softest small foam".

Back