Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Are you sure? I would say that the settings make a noticeable difference.

There is also an interesting YouTube video about this, but unfortunately I can't find it right now.

I have also used this setting with the Fanatec DD.

Are you sure? I would say that the settings make a noticeable difference.

There is also an interesting YouTube video about this, but unfortunately I can't find it right now.

I have also used this setting with the Fanatec DD.
Yeah ! I would way the same. I tried different values in controller sensivity with the same feeling as thomasoeli. I feel difference in « front tires » response when its value is higher.
Strange .

I found the video. Watch it and feel free to try it out.

Everyone will certainly feel differently, but for me the value 5 is a very good value.

The controller sensitivity setting changes the response curve of the steering axis for a controller. The whole reason for its existence is because a controller has such a small movement range and some people want it more or less sensitive around centre. A wheel of course has no such issue.

When I tried it I found zero difference between either extreme setting with a wheel. I have asked Polyphony to confirm but waiting for a response on that.

Hi @LOGI_Rich

thank you very much for your detailed feedback. I can understand it. It's definitely interesting to hear.

But it's also interesting to hear what Polyphony has to say about it.

Last edited:
In relation to your TF audio 100 and controller vibration in game setting at 40% - is that set at 40 or 40% of the max value 150 (i believe the gt7 in game vibration setting goes up to 150) which would make it 60?
Hi,

I just checked again and saw that I currently have a value of 50.

I have attached a screenshot.

Everyone has to set the value according to their preferences. With the PSVR2, I feel that a higher value is better for immersion because it transmits vibrations to my rig.

Regards, Thomas

Attachments

• SHARE_20230602_0822150.jpeg
    SHARE_20230602_0822150.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 25
It depends very much on the vehicle how strong the FFB feels.

If you drive the old Mercedes '89 in the current online time trial at Le Mans, you feel much more FFB than in a small road car. Currently, I drive a value of 7 with this car.

Or, for example, with the car from the other online time race. I don't know which one it is right now. Here you have to increase the value again.

I also understand that there are differences between the cars, but you should still make the range to adjust larger.

I haven't noticed a difference between the tires yet.
Hmmm, throw comfort soft on say the Camaro, then throw racing soft on it.

Thanks for checking.

Out of interest, did the Gt7 controller vibration setting have any affect on your Fanatec wheel compared to the Logi G Pro? I am curious if it only applies to Logi's Trueforce?
You can't really compare Fanatec and Logitech in terms of TF. These Trueforce vibrations do not exist with Fanatec. There is also no real setting in the base that could adjust it. Fanatec also has so many different settings, which Logitech doesn't have.

There is a so-called FEI setting, but it is in no way comparable. Trueforce is also an artificial effect that not everyone likes.

I no longer have the Fanatec base either, so I can't make a direct comparison.

Fanatec also has so many different settings, which Logitech doesn't have.

There is a so-called FEI setting, but it is in no way comparable. Trueforce is also an artificial effect that not everyone likes.
There’s a few settings on the Fanatec wheels that have no relevance in certain games as they’re related to old directinput effects - they’re not even used in many titles, which is why you’ll see N/A next to them for game specific settings on their forum.

There’s nothing artificial about what Trueforce provides - it’s all derived from physics and audio data in the game.

There’s a few settings on the Fanatec wheels that have no relevance in certain games as they’re related to old directinput effects - they’re not even used in many titles, which is why you’ll see N/A next to them for game specific settings on their forum.

There’s nothing artificial about what Trueforce provides - it’s all derived from physics and audio data in the game.
And it feels that way. Did a couple of races yesterday again in VR2. Every time I am amazed. It is so cool. We might have a nice graphics bump with the PS5Pro next year. But as is it now, It's already game changing. And the GPRO set with the Trophy Seat play a very vital role in this. TF is amazing giving you the right "feelable" detail cue's just when you expect them. Without any latency. That together with the stable running PSVR2 and the extremely easy setup (1 á 2 min boot n select and your racing) and incredible GT7 interior details, weather / lighting implementation and material models just hits the spot.

Last edited:
I really must try it out. I haven't had a tyre change that often lately.
Well maybe it’s just in my head of putting on softer compound tires plays a role in changing the physics which I guess in a way it would. But I just chalked it up to the fact that the tires are now stickier so the wheel feels heavier. But yeah try it out and let me know how the wheel feels going from say comfort soft to racing soft, don’t change anything else on the car. Might just be in my head but I think you’ll find the comfort soft tires turn easier less FFB.

Unfortunately, my Logitech G Pro wheel has developed a fault and I suspect it is an RMA - let me know your thoughts please from the video below.

There is a noise when turning the wheel left or right and I can also feel the "grinding" through the steering wheel when driving.

I have uploaded the video to youtube here:

Last edited:
Unfortunately, my Logitech G Pro wheel has developed a fault and I suspect it is an RMA - let me know your thoughts please from the video below.

There is a noise when turning the wheel left or right and I can also feel the "grinding" through the steering wheel when driving.

This is similar to the video i just posted. @LOGI_Rich Do you know if Logitech is aware of this issue? As it seems to be very common.

Last edited:
This is similar to the video i just posted. @LOGI_Rich Do you know if Logitech is aware of this issue? As it seems to be very common.
I have only had my wheel since April and only use it a couple of times per week. I have also tried adjusting the black collar as others have said but to no avail. Its disappointing as the noise and grinding feel in the wheel distracts me when racing. I have even turned off TF to see if that would help but no it did not.

@LOGI_Rich - Any suggestions or do I need a replacement - otherwise I will return the product for a refund.

Here is another video but one with a noise from the drive unit without the wheel attached - could this be linked to the grinding noise I experience when turning left or right when driving:

Well maybe it’s just in my head of putting on softer compound tires plays a role in changing the physics which I guess in a way it would. But I just chalked it up to the fact that the tires are now stickier so the wheel feels heavier. But yeah try it out and let me know how the wheel feels going from say comfort soft to racing soft, don’t change anything else on the car. Might just be in my head but I think you’ll find the comfort soft tires turn easier less FFB.
@hawkeyez

I definitely have to agree with you. 👍The Comfort Soft tyres have much less FFB than the Racing Soft.

I didn't expect that, because until now I've always driven the Racing Soft tyres. Or sometimes the Medium.

I drove a Porsche GT3 911 '09. The comfort tyres are undriveable with them. No grip and virtually no FFB, although it is still unchanged (value 8).

I would not have expected it like that.

Confirms to me again that the FFB for our wheel in general should be increased by Polyphony.

Depending on the car, I'm already driving at the maximum.

It's also only because of GT7. Other simulations like iRacing or ACC (PC) provide enough FFB.

Have a nice Sunday, Thomas

Here is another video but one with a noise from the drive unit without the wheel attached - could this be linked to the grinding noise I experience when turning left or right when driving:

I did more testing today with GT7 as that is the only driving game that I currently use. I need to set the GT7 ffb torque to 2 or above to have the creak noise produced consistently when turning left or right, at slow speed or even high speed, it does not matter - the noise and the "clicks" you feel in the wheel itself is very distracting when racing! Its otherwise a good DD FFB wheel to use.

I have tried adjusting the black collar to no avail and with TF audio set at zero and vibration turned off in GT7, the noise is still occurring. With other users having issues, I am debating whether I should get a replacement or a refund at this stage. I do like the wheel but concerned these are design flaws.

I will wait to see what @LOGI_Rich has to say on this matter / defect.

@hawkeyez

I definitely have to agree with you. 👍The Comfort Soft tyres have much less FFB than the Racing Soft.

I didn't expect that, because until now I've always driven the Racing Soft tyres. Or sometimes the Medium.

I drove a Porsche GT3 911 '09. The comfort tyres are undriveable with them. No grip and virtually no FFB, although it is still unchanged (value 8).

I would not have expected it like that.

Confirms to me again that the FFB for our wheel in general should be increased by Polyphony.

Depending on the car, I'm already driving at the maximum.

It's also only because of GT7. Other simulations like iRacing or ACC (PC) provide enough FFB.

Have a nice Sunday, Thomas
We usually run lower pp so comfort or sports tires and after that one big update where people complained about the FFB I noticed it was tire related. I don’t mind it I thought it was an awesome update, I just think they could stand to narrow the FFB weight just a hair more from each tire. But overall it was an awesome update regarding handling realism imo.

Right, after several hours if testing today, I find it unacceptable to have this defect. The notchiness / clicks you feel in the wheel while having to listen to the noise creaks every time the wheel is turned left or right is something we should not expect from a wheel base costing £999.

Last edited:
Right, after several hours if testing today, I find it unacceptable to have this defect. The notchiness / clicks you feel in the wheel while having to listen to the noise creaks every time the wheel is turned left or right is something we should not expect from a wheel base costing £999.
If I were you, I would not wait for an answer, but contact support immediately, or return the wheel if you are still within the period of the revocation.

In my opinion, it is a defect where even @LOGI_Rich cannot help.

If I were you, I would not wait for an answer, but contact support immediately, or return the wheel if you are still within the period of the revocation.

In my opinion, it is a defect where even @LOGI_Rich cannot help.
I was thinking the same and happened to visit the support.logitech site where I registered my products. Oddly though, it says no matching serial number found, the serial number on the Box and the wheelbase are not the same. The only option is to create ticket via online chat or phone. Chat did not work as it did not recognise the serial number so only option now is to call them tomorrow when they are open.

So far not a great start for support!

Last edited:
Back