Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Very strange indeed. I mean if it works with one game it should also work with others - if they support the wheel.

@Met Entso's point about switching from PC to playstation mode and back - you are doing that? It's an obvious thing, but it's only obvious when you know about it.

Yes, working on one game and no others makes zero sense - it’s most definitely supported in AC and ACC on PS4 (although G923 mode is needed for ACC on PS4). Obvious things to try there: change the USB port you’re connected to, make sure you fully quit games before running another and ensure you only use the wheel (no DualShock is needed). Also, make sure you have changed to wheel for the control method on ACC.

On PC something else is going on that’s preventing the FFB from working.
Let’s check the status of the direct input dlls. This text will need to be altered to whatever the current number folder is before the di_ffb folder in the current version of G HUB.

1. ⁠Click Start, type CMD into the search bar and when the Command Prompt option comes up right click on it and choose Run As Administrator.

2. ⁠For the next steps make sure you include everything within the quote marks Type cd C:\ProgramData\LGHUB\depots\162476\di_ffb and press return (those numbers in bold might have changed with the latest version of G HUB so use file explorer to check what the actual name of the folder is).

3. ⁠Type di_ffb_manager.exe -s and press return

Let me know what the status is that it presents.

Last edited:
You do select PC at the start right? Just making sure.

Sorry that was for @Bowtner
yes mate, have also tried in both compatibility modes, pro and G923. In G923 mode on ACC PC buttons work, no steering. I don't get the option to add in pro mode so I input my own values, I get the same results as with the G923. This in itself is odd because on the input screen, it actually shows the wheel inputs on the red meter. As for ACC on ps4 I don't even get the option to create my own wheel and inputs, let alone add a g923 or g pro.

ACC PS4 - Could you show us what your control options screen looks like please? You should have the option to reassign other controls, but steering and pedals are automatically set up.

Otherwise, please see my earlier post.

ACC PS4 - Could you show us what your control options screen looks like please? You should have the option to reassign other controls, but steering and pedals are automatically set up.

Otherwise, please see my earlier post.
I was just working through your earlier post and had took a screen shot of what you asked for here.😀

PS 4; I deleted all Bluetooth devices that appeared as controllers, made sure all programmes running had been turned off, closed the ps4 down, left it for a few minutes, changed the usb port the wheel was plugged into then restarted the machine, still no joy on ACC (1st image)

PC; followed your instructions and got the message in the 2nd image. I find this also a bit of a brain fart because you can see it clearly runs and the wheel is there in the 3rd image.

This just gets worse, because to me, a self confessed non tech guy, it would appear to be 2 or 3 seperate issues.
1, wheel works with 1 game on ps4 but no others (wheel issue)
2, wheel doesn’t work on pc with any game (wheel issue)
3 wheel shows up in GHub. GHub runs on my pc but my pc says it can’t run GHub. (PC and/or GHub issue.

As I said I’m no tech guy but I do like to think I can think logically.

Oh and while I remember, I did notice that when I select a game profile in GHub as soon as I click on a seperate screen (steam, game, etc) GHub goes straight back to the desktop profile. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0301.jpeg
    IMG_0301.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0302.jpeg
    IMG_0302.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 8
@LOGI_Rich 1 other thing I forgot to mention is when I switch to G932 it confirms this on both the wheel and GHub which is another head scratcher concerning the message I got after type in to CMD prompt.

Update. After reading your post on ACC for PS4, I went back on there, went to controller options added a few inputs and went to see if it worked. It does. I had naturally assumed, wrongly, that if the wheel name is not there then the game is not seeing it. This is not the case with ACC on pc though is it, that a GHub or my pc or both issue?

Last edited:
I finally received the bundle, and I spent my weekend to test it out.

I'm coming from a G29, and it's my first experience with a direct drive and a load cell brake.

First impressions:

-FF is truly another world, and recovering from oversteer is much simpler and immediate (short Suzuka in daily races has been the perfect test drive);

-I maxed out torque on GT7, and despite being heavier than G29, it's totally doable, I just have to get used to it;

-load cell brake is what I expected, much easier to manage than the potentiometer brake, especially in release phase;

-throttle has a longer travel than the G29 pedal, making pedal modulation a joy;

-Trueforce is a ton of fun, even maxed out;

-onboard wheel menu is simple and practical;

-quality you see and touch is so satisfying, and the steering wheel looks great with a more elegant and sober line than the G29.

Finally, after several tests I stated the difference with the G29, which remains substantial, but made me reevaluate a unexpensive rock solid product, fully capable to give an excellent driving experience.

I feel like I just saw the tip of the iceberg, can't wait to find where the amazing G Pro wheel will take me.

See you on track!

ps: just a small complain: leather feels a little dry and slips in my hands, does it need some product for softening?

ps: just a small complain: leather feels a little dry and slips in my hands, does it need some product for softening?
Get some gloves? I've always worn gloves, usually one set or another I have for motorcycle riding, since playing GT5 on a DFGT.

@Bowtner which version of Windows are you running? As in version number, bit version and is it a full, authenticated, non-limited version? (I.e. not something like Windows 10 N).

I can’t imagine why that command would tell you that you can’t run it unless there’s something odd going on with your windows version!

Oh and could you download the GRID 2019 demo from the PSN store please? I’d like to see if the wheel works in there as well.

Last edited:
I'm a PC-only racer on iRacing so I really don't belong here but I just wanted to say THANKS for this gigantic thread. It's by far the best place on the internet for the latest updates and discussion regarding this fantastic Logitech product. I'd been on the fence for over a year about upgrading from my Fanatec gear. I finally purchased the Pro Wheel & Pedals last week and am just blown away by the build quality and performance of this beast.

I've always had a soft spot for Logitech because I started on a G25 many years ago so as soon as it was announced I was very interested. I feel like I've watched almost every review there is on YouTube in the past year. The one that finally sold me was Laurence Dusoswa's "Mid-Range DD Shootout" where he compared all the 10-12nm bases on the market at the time (Clubsport DD hadn't shipped yet). This is when I really started to realize the only actual negatives of the Logitech had nothing to do with the actual thing that matters to me, performance. I get that the size of the base is pretty large and the eco-system doesn't exist yet, but the build quality and force feedback are just phenomenal.

The Pro base just blows my CSL DD 8Nm away in my eyes, there is really no debate. What shocked me most though is how much better I'm loving the Pro Pedals versus the Clubsport V3's. I think a lot of people might not agree with me on that topic but Logitech really did their homework on these. The V3's are certainly a work of art but every time I wanted to make a change to them I worried that I might never get them put back together again because the screws were made of rubber. These Pro pedals are so good and so easy to customize. I'm really loving sim racing again.

Final scores from Laurence's video:
1708292511169.png

Last edited:
Windows is version 22H2 OS build 19045.4046. No restrictions and authenticated.

Dirt 2019 doesn’t appear to have a demo in the PS4 store. I looked under all the demos they have and under Dirt 2019, I also checked dirt rally series too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 7
Not Dirt, GRID 🙂

Which version of G HUB does it say is installed in the settings?

One other thing:

check that the timestamp on all files / folders in C:\ProgramFiles\LGHUB is within the same timeframe.
i. Ignore those files that have an uuid in its name - example lghub_updater.61dd895d-8fb9-44c6-a18a-0c914eba1ea1)

Last edited:
Not Dirt, GRID 🙂

Which version of G HUB does it say is installed in the settings?

One other thing:

check that the timestamp on all files / folders in C:\ProgramFiles\LGHUB is within the same timeframe.
i. Ignore those files that have an uuid in its name - example lghub_updater.61dd895d-8fb9-44c6-a18a-0c914eba1ea1)
Deep sigh and breathe. Right, I have searched on the ps4 store and also on the PS4 web store, you can only get Grid Legends and corresponding dlc.

GHub version is 2024.1.515200

All files and folders appear to have the same time stamp, that’s if I’m looking in the right place.

Rich, I really appreciate the time you are taking out your own day to help my try and get to the bottom of this issue, thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 7
Hi All, in some cases when I’m playing GT7 in interior screen (so you see the car wheel in front of you), using the Logitech Pro wheel. There seems to be kind of input lag or something.

For example, if I turn the Logitech pro wheel left, on screen the wheel stays straight but the car is following my inputs. Looks like there is a calculation lag or something in GT7. Happens only on intense racing (corner after corner). Also happens only on certain cars (for now experienced this on the BMW M2, Mazda RX7.

Could this be a GT7 issue or a wheel issue maybe? @LOGI_Rich did you experienced such a thing before?

Last edited:
Deep sigh and breathe. Right, I have searched on the ps4 store and also on the PS4 web store, you can only get Grid Legends and corresponding dlc.

GHub version is 2024.1.515200

All files and folders appear to have the same time stamp, that’s if I’m looking in the right place.

Rich, I really appreciate the time you are taking out your own day to help my try and get to the bottom of this issue, thanks.
I feel so sorry for you not enjoying the wheel as it should be. In the same time, I'm impressed by Rich's responsiveness... it's rare enough to be mentioned.

Hope you'll find a solution very soon !

@Umit_O If the car is responding to your inputs then it's not an issue with the Pro Wheel.

@Bowtner sorry, it looks like GRID was delisted from the PSN store recently. The Crew Motorfest and F1 23 both have trials available though so please give them a go.

On PC it does seem like the issue is with your PC not being able to run that file I suggested - it's what installs the dll files for force feedback. However, I've never run across a situation like yours where the PC is saying that it can't run it. Can you browse to that file in Windows Explorer, right click on it to access the Properties and then look at the Digital Signatures - does it say Logitech Inc?

If it does, then go to the Compatibility tab, check the Run this program in compatibility mode box, select Windows 8, then apply/OK. Then try running that di_ffb_manager.exe -s command line again and see if it now runs.

Last edited:
Reading all of the above is a reminder of why I’m on console and not pc!
Mate if I didn’t have farming simulator on pc I’d be a console only bloke too. You can’t beat a few hours ploughing a field and listening to tractor fm after a hard day a the track with mechanics who don’t have a clue how to set your car up.😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣. Well that is if you can even get to the track cos your car refuses to steer. 😀😀

Last edited:
Reading all of the above is a reminder of why I’m on console and not pc!
Yeah. A few years ago I'd have loved messing about with all the settings and tweaks you can do on PC. But these days I just go "Enough of that, let's just press the power button and play".
Yes I know I'm missing out on other titles, but convenience has a lot going for it. 🙂

Which is partly why I bought the G Pro. It's limited set and forget options appealed to me over all the multitude available on the Fanatic gear. They constantly seem to be tweaking them over on their thread.

On PC it does seem like the issue is with your PC not being able to run that file I suggested - it's what installs the dll files for force feedback. However, I've never run across a situation like yours where the PC is saying that it can't run it. Can you browse to that file in Windows Explorer, right click on it to access the Properties and then look at the Digital Signatures - does it say Logitech Inc?
Which file? I have looked in all the files from the line you asked me to put in the cmd window. Nothing in thghs folders say digital signatures. I’m sure you already know this but there are 5 tabs at the top, General, Sharing, Security, Previous Versions and Customise. Am I looking in completely the wrong place? Sorry if I am being dumb and missing something.

I’ll take a look at the 2 games you asked me to get from psn shortly and get back to you in a bit.

@LOGI_Rich I had just completely Uninstalled GHub and the reinstalled it when I read you message from earlier today. I have now tried the line of text in cmd and this time I have what you can see in the happy snap. Is that as it should be or not?

As for the Digital Signatures, picture 2. Would you like me to do the compatibility process?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 8
F1 23 demo is not there. Reading on the web I think psn may have removed it because it was hanging up for some people who could not then uninstall or reinstall it. As for The Crew Motorfest the free 5 hour demo for that ended on the 17 Sept 2023. Sorry. The only driving demo I can see on psn is something called Gravel, it looks a bit like a 50p game though.

The only driving demo I can see on psn is something called Gravel,
Gravel, if you don't expect too much from it, it's okay. If I remember correctly it supported my G29, so might just work as a test.

That looks like things should be installed - have you tested FFB in ACC and AMS2?
Good news, it works. Whoop Di dooooooo. Rich I can not thank you enough for your patience and help these last few days. You are a star. Any idea why GHub would not have installed correctly?

This is for all of you, I am looking for a group of players to join for occasional “fun” races, can any of you recommend one or is there a thread on the forums that I can find that stuff on?

Last edited:
F1 23 demo is not there. Reading on the web I think psn may have removed it because it was hanging up for some people who could not then uninstall or reinstall it. As for The Crew Motorfest the free 5 hour demo for that ended on the 17 Sept 2023. Sorry. The only driving demo I can see on psn is something called Gravel, it looks a bit like a 50p game though.
If you have psn extra you can try ACC. You can also subscribe for one month of EA Play (3.99.euros) and play F1 23 (check beforehand if it's available, but I'm almost sure it is).

You can also try to search the demo on the browser and add to your cart. When I can't find the game on ps5 I look for it on the browser and often times it's there.

@Bowtner YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS! I hate it when I can't solve someone's tech issues, so I'm glad it's working for you. As for why G HUB didn't go on correctly, PCs can be funny things, especially when they've been running a Windows installation for a while. One of my old PCs was being used by my youngest and it had been running that installation of Windows for around 6 years (12 if you count the first years where it was running Windows 7, which was upgraded to 8 and then 10); it was incredibly slow. One reset/reinstall of Windows later, it now runs lightning quick. Sometimes the nuclear option is the one to take, but I'm glad it didn't come to suggesting that for you.

@Bowtner YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS! I hate it when I can't solve someone's tech issues, so I'm glad it's working for you. As for why G HUB didn't go on correctly, PCs can be funny things, especially when they've been running a Windows installation for a while. One of my old PCs was being used by my youngest and it had been running that installation of Windows for around 6 years (12 if you count the first years where it was running Windows 7, which was upgraded to 8 and then 10); it was incredibly slow. One reset/reinstall of Windows later, it now runs lightning quick. Sometimes the nuclear option is the one to take, but I'm glad it didn't come to suggesting that for you.
Once again, thank you so much.

Back