Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Constant torque is kind of a moot point and dependent on what your settings are in-game. Most people will think of the constant torque as something that you get when you steer into a long corner at speed, with peak torque reserved for "peak events" such as hitting kerbs etc. However, it's possible in some titles to set the FFB up so that you hit 11Nm as soon as you start turning into a corner, or even just weaving left/right down a straight (with clipping, of course). Even when not overdriving the FFB you'll get a variance in how much torque each title reserves for those peak forces.

Constant torque is kind of a moot point and dependent on what your settings are in-game. Most people will think of the constant torque as something that you get when you steer into a long corner at speed, with peak torque reserved for "peak events" such as hitting kerbs etc. However, it's possible in some titles to set the FFB up so that you hit 11Nm as soon as you start turning into a corner, or even just weaving left/right down a straight (with clipping, of course). Even when not overdriving the FFB you'll get a variance in how much torque each title reserves for those peak forces.
Ok. Then, could you tell us what is, in absolute terms, the value of constant torque ?

What do you understand as the the meaning of "constant torque"? If you're looking for a value that the wheel will hold indefinitely if you turn the wheel against a basic spring force and hold it there then it's just over 8Nm, but it's irrelevant because that isn't a realistic scenario for how you use the wheel or how a racing title deals with the wheel. Like I said in my previous post, if you want to overdrive the wheel (in those titles that allow it) so you're getting 9, 10 or 11Nm all the time then you can, and due to the active cooling it'll continue to deliver it for hours of sim racing (assuming you're not sat in a furnace). Hence: moot point 🙂

@Chkops I haven’t heard anybody really missing torque when the wheel base is actually allowed to deliver the full amount. It’s really powerful!

It’s only in GT7 where some of us miss a little torque, because PD nerfed the torque intentionally to between 6-7 NM

What do you understand as the the meaning of "constant torque"? If you're looking for a value that the wheel will hold indefinitely if you turn the wheel against a basic spring force and hold it there then it's just over 8Nm, but it's irrelevant because that isn't a realistic scenario for how you use the wheel or how a racing title deals with the wheel. Like I said in my previous post, if you want to overdrive the wheel (in those titles that allow it) so you're getting 9, 10 or 11Nm all the time then you can, and due to the active cooling it'll continue to deliver it for hours of sim racing (assuming you're not sat in a furnace). Hence: moot point 🙂
Now it's crystal clear. Thanks Rich.

@Chkops I haven’t heard anybody really missing torque when the wheel base is actually allowed to deliver the full amount. It’s really powerful!

It’s only in GT7 where some of us miss a little torque, because PD nerfed the torque intentionally to between 6-7 NM
Never said that.

Nope, just in case you wanted to use it with GT7, I wanted to make sure you knew that it was nerfed. Sorry!
Actually, I use the wheel only with GT/ (for now) and have 0 complaint about the torque. Despite the lack of ecosystem, it's IMO the best wheel money can buy (for the PS5). ;)

Actually, I use the wheel only with GT/ (for now) and have 0 complaint about the torque. Despite the lack of ecosystem, it's IMO the best wheel money can buy (for the PS5). ;)
That’s cool, for some road cars I could use a just a tad more torque, but I can’t argue the feedback experience - it’s wonderful and I love the combo with my PSVR2 😎

Not sure if this has been asked already, apologies if it has but 97 pages is a lot of post to read. Anyway, I upgraded my g2o to a G pro a couple of days ago, very happy with it on my ps4 with gt7. Today I thought I’d give it a go on my pc with various drive sims I have, when it came to try on ACC, nothing, no option to add in in the controllers or anything. I change the compatibility to g923 and there it is. However when I came to drive, no steering. I have throttle brakes, gears etc but I can’t turn which, in a driving sim is pretty essential. I went to my g hub, the wheel is there, acc is there, everything seems ok there. Even in the controller setup on ACC you can see the red meter move when the wheel is rotated but in the actual game nothing. I have tried everything I can think of so if anyone can help that would be great. To spend over a grand on something that only works properly on one game is a bit much. @LOGI_Rich hopefully you can help me out here? I’ve added a picture to show you what I mean.

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I had someone with this recently and it turned out they had not been keeping their PC up to date. Once they’d updated their motherboard bios and chipset drivers the steering started working again in ACC. It was the only sim they had that problem with but worth bearing in mind!

Hmm, as I am a bit lacking in the tech side, where would I download the drivers from please? Motherboard is a Mag b550 tomahawk and chipset? No idea.

@LOGI_Rich thanks for that, I have installed something called MSI centre which keeps your motherboard and chipset up to date so that’s all sorted now. However, this has not solved the issue with the steering on ACC. I deleted and reinstalled G Hum also, no change, installed Automobilista 2 and the wheel is fine on there but no ffb, F1 2022, nothing. I’m stuck with what to try next, maybe uninstall and reinstall ACC? Any suggestions anyone?

Update. Just tried ACC, had steering but with no ffb also no other inputs worked. Went to controllers deleted the profile I had made and created a new one, guess what, all mapped button worked except……….steering. Argh. It’s twisting my melon. I did do a clip but I can’t share the file.

Last edited:
Does somebody know if there is a way to show position indicator in gt7 using psvr2? I think that this is a must for playing longer races where you need to decide if you should go in the boxes or not...Even to save some fuel and tyres when driving ahead everyone..It should be really
implemented into the hub where you can set fuel map, watching for weather and so on...i dont see the reason why didnt do that at the begining...Its a must have. Maybe some of you know if this feature could/ will be added in the future?

I would appreciate it if they cranked the output in GT7 up. For one reason only. So I can get a little more wheel feedback in slower comfort tire cars. I would create 3 profiles. I have two profiles. One for comfort and sports. One for racing. Although, I’ve just been leaving it on one profile and muscling it in the racing tire cars.

But comfort is always a bit on the low side. I almost have everything cranked.

For those that find it enough (I pretty much do for most cars) well we can just turn it back down some in game.

Does somebody know if there is a way to show position indicator in gt7 using psvr2? I think that this is a must for playing longer races where you need to decide if you should go in the boxes or not...Even to save some fuel and tyres when driving ahead everyone..It should be really
implemented into the hub where you can set fuel map, watching for weather and so on...i dont see the reason why didnt do that at the begining...Its a must have. Maybe some of you know if this feature could/ will be added in the future?
If you're talking about the list of cars, that in pancake mode is displayed in the upper left corner and shows gaps to car ahead, behind and 1st place, no, there currently is no way we've found, in a year of playing with VR2, to display it while driving in VR. It's probably the single most desired QoL improvement to the VR experience. Another page on the MFD would be the obvious place to put it. Don't know where they'd display it otherwise, and where I think it should show in cockpit view, whether driving in VR or flat screen. It'd sure be helpful wherever it shows up, if it ever does.

how do you set up you g pro to be in g923 mode? plsss help
Go to the menu on the wheel, scroll down until you come to compatibility, in there you have 2 options, g923 and pro. Select g923 and follow the prompt. The wheel will restart and the screen will say g923.

Hi @LOGI_Rich,

Hope you’re well.

Mate I’ve got a Logitech G Pro wheel base together with Pro Pedals. I’ve gone out and got myself the Logitech G Racing Adapter and a Driving Force shifter.

I’m playing GT7 on PS5. Now, I’ve purchased a sequential shifter mod for the Logitech shifter which has moved the gear stick to the centre. I’m wanting to use 3/4 as Up/Down.

At the moment, I’m only able to select or go between 3rd and 4th when racing.

I can’t for the life of me find anywhere I’m able to configure this?

Is this possible, do you have a solution?

Many thanks,
Joey

Ok so the latest on the saga with my 2 day old g pro wheel. After spending several hours trying to get the wheel to work with ACC and Automobilista on pc and failing, I bought ACC for my ps4 today. The wheel does not show up on the in either pro mode or g923. I can map the buttons until I am bored out of my mind but what’s the use of being able to turn my wipers on, switch through the lighting options if I can’t turn left and right or go forwards and backwards. The pit lane gets a bit boring after 3 seconds.
I have been in touch with tech support who can’t do fk all until Tuesday at the earliest. Not good enough. A fkn grand on a wheel that works with only 1 game on my ps4 and none on my pc! It’s going back and I’ll shop around, probably end up with a Fanatec. Rant over.

Last edited:
At the moment, I’m only able to select or go between 3rd and 4th when racing.

I can’t for the life of me find anywhere I’m able to configure this?
I think you'll find that's because the game is not configurable to accept the inputs you'd like for sequential operation. It only knows about the normal shifter. Other games might be different.

@Bowtner, definitely a very odd and annoying problem you have there? Have you tried a different USB cable? I'm wandering if that is perhaps faulty. And does the wheel still work fine with GT7?

I think you'll find that's because the game is not configurable to accept the inputs you'd like for sequential operation. It only knows about the normal shifter. Other games might be different.

@Bowtner, definitely a very odd and annoying problem you have there? Have you tried a different USB cable? I'm wandering if that is perhaps faulty. And does the wheel still work fine with GT7?
Hi, yes it’s fine with gt7. I have been playing it this morning. I haven’t tried the USB cable change, I’m not ruling out your idea but I fail to see how changing the usb cable will help, surely it has to be software related?

I’m gutted to be honest as the wheel is a real game changer on GT 7 but as I said paying over a grand for a wheel to only work on 1 game is not what I would call ideal or a fair price and to have to wait until Tuesday at the earliest for tech support isn’t what I call actual support. You wouldn’t buy a car to find out you can only drive it to and from the dealership would you? Then the dealership say to you “oh, we maybe able to sort out your issue but you’ll have to wait for 2 or 3 days. In the mean time you can alway drive from here to home and back, thanks for your money though.”

Sorry to sound like a moaning old fk, but…..

Last edited:
I’m not ruling out your idea but I fail to see how changing the usb cable will help,
I just thought that since it had worked fine initially with GT7 on your PS4 then failed to work on your PC the cable may have got damaged or become loose in the switch over. There have been a couple of examples of the cables insulation coming away from the plug. But since it's still working on GT that makes it er.. strange.

I'm only on PS5 and I don't have GT7 but the wheel works absolutely fine with everything else.

I'm not sure what else to suggest. Slightly clutching at straws, but have you tried removing and replacing the wheel rim. A good clunk is recommended to seat it correctly.

paying over a grand for a wheel to only work on 1 game is not what I would call ideal or a fair price
You'd be surprised. I'm often amazed how much people shell out just to play only GT. 😉

I just thought that since it had worked fine initially with GT7 on your PS4 then failed to work on your PC the cable may have got damaged or become loose in the switch over. There have been a couple of examples of the cables insulation coming away from the plug. But since it's still working on GT that makes it er.. strange.

I'm only on PS5 and I don't have GT7 but the wheel works absolutely fine with everything else.

I'm not sure what else to suggest. Slightly clutching at straws, but have you tried removing and replacing the wheel rim. A good clunk is recommended to seat it correctly.

You'd be surprised. I'm often amazed how much people shell out just to play only GT. 😉

You do select PC at the start right? Just making sure.

Sorry that was for @Bowtner

Last edited:

At first I thought it may be an issue with the PS4 as I tried it with AC Ultimate and it didn't work so I went on to my pc, tried the games I have on there and it only partially worked with Automobilsta 2, no buttons worked but I could drive it, on ACC buttons worked but can't drive F1 can't drive, rFactor nowt. I went back on my PS4 yesterday and bought ACC for that as I thought AC Ultimate might be a bit dated, same issue as all the other games. I took out all the cables and basically started from scratch, no change. Its a proper mind fk.

I have a G27 that works great with them all, the only issue is the FFB might as well not be there. I have more force feedback from a fart. I got this to upgrade from that as it was about 6 or 7 years old.

I don't mind forking out cash for something if it does what it says on the tin, when it doesn't though it grips my ****.

I did think about getting a Thrustmaster DD but they don't work on both PC and ps4 so..........

Back