Logitech G25 Racing Wheel

Well, I had been playing Live for Speed with a deteriorating DFP for a while, and my Thrustmaster Pro Digital's pedal set (my DFP's accelerator potentiometer died so I was using the pedals from the TM) started making a crunching noise, so I decided it was probably time to upgrade.

I now have a G25, and it fits with Live for Speed like nothing else. :) The brake pedal is especially apt, because the resistance makes it a lot easier to avoid locking your brakes, but the clutch and shifter work great too (too bad about the non-configurable gate pattern -- I can't have reverse in the upper-left corner like I'm used to without doing a dog-leg 5-speed pattern). Then there's the fact that the force feedback is so much stronger and quieter...it's great!

I was so impressed I put together a G25 skin for the in-game steering wheel. :lol: Now if only my internet at home would work, so I could play online...

Sorry if my question is stupid... But i just to ask what's the clutch for in NFS-Carbon? I had tried my wheel on NFS-Carbon, tried changing gears without stepping the clutch in 6-gears mode and it appears to me that the clutch meaningless. Gears aren't supposed to be changed without engaging the clutch right?

Or is there a option in the game which i had missed out to activate the clutch?

Nope, on real cars, you cannot put it into gear without pressing the clutch.

On some computer games, Live For Speed for example, you can put the shiften into first, but the car in-game won't go into first gear until you press in the clutch.

As for computer games, there is a free open-source game called racer with over 300 cars, and 100 tracks.
Visit here:
http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111
On open-source games, you can modify, and make anything you want on the game.

Damn, my shifter is already borked, and although a friend was using it at the time, it was certainly not mistreated! Reverse doesn't work (it activates 6th), and the sequential mode just does 1st and 2nd...

gutted man:( do you still have warrenty? Even if you don't i would still ring up logitech to see what the problem is...

Mine is kind of broken too. When I got to reverse, sometimes is stays in neutral, jumps to 6th after 4 seconds in reverse, or 4th. Same thing goes for 6th, sometimes it jumps to 4th.

I contacted logitech, I still have warrenty, but I have to send my wheel to California, and wait for them to ship me a new one.

I finally went out and bought my very own Logitech G25!

The leather... the metal... it is one very cool steering wheel.

I've decided to buy a new memory card and learn to play GT4 again with the G25.
Once GT5 proper comes out, I'll pick up a PS3 and a copy and trash it!
GT4 will be more than enough in the meantime.

I hope all the G25 owners out there are enjoying theirs.

Yup its a nice wheel, Don't forget there are few Good Simulator racing games out there.. GTR series.. race.... Live for speed, rFactor . ENJOY THEM GREATLY as well :)

I've been looking into some PC games. A demo of rFactor came with the G25, but I haven't tried it yet. Is the GTR/GTR2/GTL series really good?

The thing that keeps drawing me back to GT4 are the License tests, I managed to get nearly all golds with the controller - and will go back and re-learn to drive using the G25

I've been looking into some PC games. A demo of rFactor came with the G25, but I haven't tried it yet. Is the GTR/GTR2/GTL series really good?

The thing that keeps drawing me back to GT4 are the License tests, I managed to get nearly all golds with the controller - and will go back and re-learn to drive using the G25

Yeah, the license tests are pretty addicting in GT3 once you "get in the zone" and get that time trial bug. I got all golds with an old model FFB wheel from Thrustmaster many years ago when GT3 had just come out. It was very gratifying.

If you want a long single player career campaign in a PC racing sim, I hear rFactor's is very good. I plan on tackling it myself once I get my new wheel and PC. I love the idea of a long involving career mode in a racing game. But in rFator's case, with the amount of mods it has, I can imagine playing many many single player championships across all types of vehicles. I'd definitely check out rFactor instead of GTR/GTR2/GTL.

Yeah I'm really interested in rFactor, which really seems to be pushing towards better and better physics. The only thing for me is the amount of content that I'd need to download - I'm still on dial-up. Also, I don't think any other game has the amount of real cars and tracks that GT4 has - this is a big factor for me!

Any news on a price drop? Trying to get my hands on one of these for cheap.
Been checking amazon a lot, they seem to change the price every so often..but looking through it seems cheapest in canada. Dell had a deal for 190ish after shipping and tax,
anyone else see a deal like that? I'll let you know if I ever find one, want one of these bad boys but waiting for a good price drop.

Hello...

I didn't read the all thread and I have bought one G25... I don't have the GT5P but I would like to know if the clutch works the same way as the LFS in the PC?

Thanks in advance,

Hello everyone I have a few questions
whats FF?
is anybody using it for GT5 prolouge?
I might pick this up this weekend

FF is force feedback.
Yes i play the japanese imported version of prologue with a g25 wheel.
Its amazing you can use the 6 speed and reverse gearchange shifter and also the clutch.
The g25 wheel is worth every penny or in your country every cent.

crazy. i cant believe it
can you like rev the engine and dump the clutch? ( what a ricer lol)
is it exactly like driving a manual car?
I thought it was 6 speed?
I got to try this out ohh man. do any game stores have the wheel on display? sorry for all the questions but im soo excitied :)

Sorry but the video is irreal...

I have GT5 Prologue Demo JP and the G25 and the Clutch doesnt work... Which means that we are abre to shift without the clucth... and that is not real...

In GT5PD you can see 2 gauges, one for speed and the other for brake... where is the clutch???

Please try play LFS and put 1st gear brake and leave the clutch and see what happen... the car turns of like in real world...

LFS is a game of 400MB...

I have PS3 and GT5PD... but GT5 in not the real driving simulator... sorry

crazy. i cant believe it
can you like rev the engine and dump the clutch? ( what a ricer lol)
is it exactly like driving a manual car?
I thought it was 6 speed?
I got to try this out ohh man. do any game stores have the wheel on display? sorry for all the questions but im soo excitied :)

Sorry yes its 6 speed.
It is as near you are going to get to driving a real car unless you spend a small fortune for a proper simulator.
For the money the g25 is probably the best wheel setup you can buy.

Sorry yes its 6 speed.
It is as near you are going to get to driving a real car unless you spend a small fortune for a proper simulator.
For the money the g25 is probably the best wheel setup you can buy.

thanks 👍

Sorry but the video is irreal...

I have GT5 Prologue Demo JP and the G25 and the Clutch doesnt work... Which means that we are abre to shift without the clucth... and that is not real...

In GT5PD you can see 2 gauges, one for speed and the other for brake... where is the clutch???

Please try play LFS and put 1st gear brake and leave the clutch and see what happen... the car turns of like in real world...

LFS is a game of 400MB...

I have PS3 and GT5PD... but GT5 in not the real driving simulator... sorry

You have to press triangle everytime you start a race in order to make the clutch work.

BTW, miss shift in LFS, then miss shift in GT5P.

You have to press triangle everytime you start a race in order to make the clutch work.

BTW, miss shift in LFS, then miss shift in GT5P.

.. you have the demo not full Prologue.. try that. everything is really improved.. sorry to tell you, it might be better handling then LFS

he was very close to discredit gt5p but he failed

Well, yeah, he was pretty close, but he's got a point, in that video you linked the clutch footwork is a mere placebo. It doesn't do anything.

Here's a video of myself playing with the clutch on:

http://drkrffxx12.iespana.es/

It is not multiview, just "wheel view", but you can "hear" the clutch working by the way the upshifting and downshifting sound.

.. you have the demo not full Prologue.. try that. everything is really improved.. sorry to tell you, it might be better handling then LFS

You are pretty blinded by GT. There are a lot of things to improve, one of them is the "weight feeling", even cars as heavy as the Ford Mustang feel as light as a feather, and that's an important part of a car's handling.

In fact, I showed a friend a couple of videos of the 135i in GT and the first thing he asked me was "How much does it weight? 900Kg?" When it weights 700Kg more.

Well, yeah, he was pretty close, but he's got a point, in that video you linked the clutch footwork is a mere placebo. It doesn't do anything.

Here's a video of myself playing with the clutch on:

http://drkrffxx12.iespana.es/

It is not multiview, just "wheel view", but you can "hear" the clutch working by the way the upshifting and downshifting sound.

You are pretty blinded by GT. There are a lot of things to improve, one of them is the "weight feeling", even cars as heavy as the Ford Mustang feel as light as a feather, and that's an important part of a car's handling.

In fact, I showed a friend a couple of videos of the 135i in GT and the first thing he asked me was "How much does it weight? 900Kg?" When it weights 700Kg more.

WHAT? the mustang in GT feels darn hevy and bulky, you can even feel it HAS a back axel,,, have you even play GT5P?

http://drkrffxx12.iespana.es/ <<< That's me. And Fuji F is not available on the demo. So it has to be the full GT5P.

Then my mistake :dopey:

Anyways, Somehow I can't load your video.. I left it for 5 minutes and still nothing.. hmmm

What wheel you use?
I still say the Mustang feels like a heavy dog in GT5P

cheers :cheers:

PS post your videos on Youtube so more people like me can load them ;)

Back