Logitech G27 Guide

• Thread starter LeStique
  • 227 comments
LeStique
Hi everyone,

since I haven't found anything regarding the calibration and setup of the Logitech G27 Racing Wheel, I thought I'd give it a shot.

My Idea is, that everyone can post his experiences with the calibration of the G27 and if someone has something to add...do it!

So I'll do the start here:

The G27 works great. It is (if not officially supported) compatible with GT5.

Fully working:

The steering works!
The paddles work!
The clutch works and you don't have to press triangle! (I had the wheel as controller 2 and the Dualshock 2 as controller 1)
The gear shifter works!
The gear-change-lights work!
The D-pad works!

Partially working:

The six bottons on the wheel: only two of those are working.
The four buttons on the shifter: only two of those are working.

Not working:

???

Setup:

Just tried it as it was. No options were changed.
I think it is mappable via the DFGT settings (haven't tried it yet).

Now it's your turn. Maybe we can make the wheel fully usable with some tweaking some day!?

Man, I'm so glad to hear it is mostly functioning, I was a bit worried that there would be the same support as in Prologue.

I'll be playing GT5 by 11am using the G27, if I learn anything new I'll post it here as soon as possible.

Just keep in mind that the clutch isn't working properly in the (first, not sure about others) licences... You can shift with the shifter without using the clutch, and pressing the triangle doesn't change it like it did in the Prologue.

In the sunday cup I played it worked flawlesly, just as it is supposed to do 👍

I'm guessing this is because in the licence exams some options are locked 💡

Im having trouble with wobble on the straights, any idea how i can add deadzone ? If its even possible.

Hold the wheel tight :)
Try taking anything fast down the Nürburgring, you have to hold and force the car to do your biding, not the other way around.

Just keep in mind that the clutch isn't working properly in the (first, not sure about others) licences... You can shift with the shifter without using the clutch, and pressing the triangle doesn't change it like it did in the Prologue.

I think that you can shift without the clutch as long as you don't press the clutch itself. As soon as you press it, it's activated.
At least that's what I think.

In another thread I was told that GT reads the brake peddle as 100% when it's actually at (about) 70% - has anyone found a way to alter the sensitivity of the brakes? Ideally I want GT to read at 70% when the peddle is at 100%!

anyone has a clue where you can adjust the button-assignments for the g27?
DFGT or Thrustmaster T500 (or whatever it's called)

Oh and maybe a way to activate the four unused buttons on the steering wheel??

Hope there will be a patch to activate those...

Yes is there any way to adjust the deadzones?? On any pedal? Clutch, Brake, Gas???

Haven't found anything regarding deadzones. Don't think it's possible either, because there isn't even an option to adjust this on the officially supported wheels.

anyone has a clue where you can adjust the button-assignments for the g27?
DFGT or Thrustmaster T500 (or whatever it's called)

Oh and maybe a way to activate the four unused buttons on the steering wheel??

Hope there will be a patch to activate those...

Having the same problems. This is my first time with a wheel setup. HELP!

Hi

I think that you can shift whitout using the clutch when you're driving a car with secuential shift.

I wasn't able to get my shifter working on GT5P. I hope it works on GT5 without having to mess with any settings besides the auto/manua, option before the race.

Just for the info - clutch works in licences - just push it during countdown - if it was already posted then I'm sorry for wasting your time.

i have the logiteck driving force gt stearing wheel i have just started using it on the new gt5 and having huge problems every car handles like a tescos supermarket trolly it daft i break i end up in a uncontrolable drift i accelerate and the back end becomes unsteady and i again go into a huge out of control skid has anyone got any settings to stop this anoying behavour thanks

By using these forums, you agree to the following:

* Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Last edited by a moderator:

It works well. When you are using a car (not all) with paddleshifter like ISF, or Audi TTS if I am correct then the clutch can't be activated. You can change gear without using the clutch or with the paddleshifters.

Hi everyone,

since I haven't found anything regarding the calibration and setup of the Logitech G27 Racing Wheel, I thought I'd give it a shot.

My Idea is, that everyone can post his experiences with the calibration of the G27 and if someone has something to add...do it!

So I'll do the start here:

The G27 works great. It is (if not officially supported) compatible with GT5.

Fully working:

The steering works!
The paddles work!
The clutch works and you don't have to press triangle! (I had the wheel as controller 2 and the Dualshock 2 as controller 1)
The gear shifter works!
The gear-change-lights work!
The D-pad works!

Partially working:

The six bottons on the wheel: only two of those are working.
The four buttons on the shifter: only two of those are working.

Not working:

???

Setup:

Just tried it as it was. No options were changed.
I think it is mappable via the DFGT settings (haven't tried it yet).

Now it's your turn. Maybe we can make the wheel fully usable with some tweaking some day!?

Because not all of the buttons on the steeringwheel can be used I assigned some buttons on my DS3 so' I can use things like horn, lights and whipers when I need them. I think DS3 must be controller 1 and the G27 controller 2. It is not optimal but it works.

Sorry for not multi quoting.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back