Logitech G27 Guide

• Thread starter LeStique
  • 227 comments
I tried multiple steering wheels (g27 and different Fanatec) and can report that you CANNOT shift into a gear when you give it "too much gas".. It has nothing to do with the clutch, it is jsut that the stupid game won't let you shift when you are giving it "too much gas"..

It is so unrealistic, because in real life, I can bounce off my rev-limiter and still shift into ANY gear I want.. In GT5, if you give it 100% throttle, try to shift into a gear.. It will not let you.. WTF?

This also makes it hard to rev-match my downshifts, because sometimes I need to have 70%-80% throttle while downshifting, but GT5 wont let me...

Last edited:
My BMW (real life) has both.
Sequential shifter (if you drop it over to manual mode) and Paddles.
To tell you the truth though, I have no use for the shifter. After using Paddles, you just can't go back to sequential shifting. It seems slow and your taking one hand off the wheel.

That is an automatic transmission, with "steptronic" (or tiptronic, or w/e the maker calls it). That is not the same a sequential MANUAL gearbox, which is a MANUAL that is shifted sequentially. In BMW, it would be a SMG, which is a MANUAL. Yours is an AUTOMATIC.

You can definetaly use automatic transmission with the g27... altough I´ve learned to love and cherish the manual transmission with the pads.

The G27 is great, some of the buttons don't work, but all of the important ones do. Except windscreen wipers, but those come on automatically when you need them. If you can afford it, you won't be sorry!

Hi guys - thanks for several good suggestions.

I have 3 questions about the G27 and the game:

First, in the controller I could press the "select" button to change the perspective...is there a way to change this with one of two buttons on the wheel or those on the stick shifter?

Second, do I have set each car to manual mode or is there a way to make my whole fleet automatically to manual setting?

Lastly, I have the G27 plugged into #1 slot (left one) and the normal controller into the other (only two USBs on front) - but now most of the functions on the controller do not work...is there a way to correct this?

Thanks

1st Question - Yes the SELECT button, is on the H Shifter and so is the START button, they are the 4 red buttons and SELECT and START are the two middle buttons of the 4. Select is left-middle and Start is right-middle.

2nd Question - I can't remember this exactly as all of my car's now seem to be manual but i remember there was a time where i would have to go to "driving options" once the race track has loaded and then change my transmission - I do think though that once you change a car to manual, it stays that way. (obviously you can change later though )

3rd Question - Lol, i had this problem for a long time. HOLD the PS button on your controller down for 3 seconds till you get the screen that allows you to change "Controller Settings" - choose controller settings and then " Re-Assign Controller " to " 1 " - Now your G27 will work completely as before, but you will be able to use the dualshock at the same time-

This is great for hiding the dual shock in your pockets while your mate's are racing and giving them a friendly handbrake every time they go round a corner 👍👍 + holding the brake on while they are at the start, or accelerating while they are braking -- you get the drift.

Hey everyone.

I got my wheel, quite pleased with it so far, except for the fact i get alot of wheel wobble when going in a straight line at speed (eg the nascar challenge). I found that impossible to gold with the wheel, yet with a DS3 did it first time.

Is there any updates or settings that can ideally stop that completely??

happy to report I'm loving the H shifter, not having issues shifting at all...well of course I miss shifts but pretty clearly me and OMG while its not paddles/servos, I have no problem shifting fast enough the motor sounds just like a paddle shift...has to be only a tenth or two. Just ran the Muscle Car Seasonals in an RM'd Z-28 and the road courses made for some beastly beautiful sounding throttle/shifter work. Have to say the G-27 is a HUGE improvement over my DGFT in almost every respect, with the bonus of the clutch and H shift :D
add in that I got it for half price direct from Logitech and I couldn't be happier...did I mention the G-27 is so quiet, my hoover like PC is louder:tup:

...did I mention the G-27 is so quiet, my hoover like PC is louder:tup:

When you go from DFGT whirring away to a G27 , it's like a baby that's been screaming and screaming and then finally goes to sleep.
On a side note it's funny hearing peoples DFGT on the mic when online.👍

yep, couldnt hardly get setup in the glitch circle without getting 5 people yelling at me to turn off my mike while I sawed away at my depowered DGFT to get into the sweet spot :D could be I kill the DGFT that way, but hey that lead me to getting the G-27 and Logitech did warranty the DGFT so win win on that one 👍

When you go from DFGT whirring away to a G27 , it's like a baby that's been screaming and screaming and then finally goes to sleep.

Sorry to bring an old thread back up, but I just got my G27 and am having some issues:

1. Is it just me, or is the FFB super strong? I've never driven a car in real life (I'm 14), but the wheel wobbles even when going in the straight line.

2. I'm pretty good at drifting with a DS3 (if I do say so myself), but I'm struggling with the G27. Any tips?

Also, what would be the best setting for it to simulate driving as realistically as possible?

:lol: 👍 I find that hilarious. The quietness of the G27 is one of the main reasons why I bought it. The DFP, DFGT, G25, Fanatec 911 Carrera and Thrustmaster F430 are all pretty noisy in comparison. Which makes the G27 the quietest wheel at this pricepoint. Next up in Fanatec GT3 RS I think, but for the wheel alone it's more expensive than the G27 package.

I love my G27 👍

1241Penguin
Sorry to bring an old thread back up, but I just got my G27 and am having some issues:

1. Is it just me, or is the FFB super strong? I've never driven a car in real life (I'm 14), but the wheel wobbles even when going in the straight line.

2. I'm pretty good at drifting with a DS3 (if I do say so myself), but I'm struggling with the G27. Any tips?

Also, what would be the best setting for it to simulate driving as realistically as possible?

1. Set the FFB to quite low... No wheel IRL does that... I'm 18 and have been driving for a year now, even raced at a track... It's not that violent.

2. Practise... Switch ABS and TCS off, brake when you come up to a turn gently, then when you wanna drift, lock your wheels, turn and you should be drifting. More powerful cars will require a Handbrake...

As for realism... Position it like a real car wheel, and always use the H-shifter where applicable. I even use it on most paddle shift cars :) it makes it feel pretty cool.

Hope that helps

I've got another question. When a car understeers, should the wheel be fighting back? Whenever I make a hard turn, there is no FFB that fights back; I can turn the wheel quite easily. Is this how cars IRL are?

first time g27 user , i have a few questions .

Do all configurations have to be done on the pc / laptop ?

How many degrees do you use on your wheel ? i see it came preset to 400 degrees , what do you guys use ?

1. Set the FFB to quite low... No wheel IRL does that... I'm 18 and have been driving for a year now, even raced at a track... It's not that violent.

I take it you've never gone 140+ mph on a less-than-perfect road surface.

Back