Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
Doncaster UK
Spring set GT Planet.jpg
Logi V NIXIM.jpg
Relative Brake Options.jpg

Hi Folks,

For full details and to buy our products please go to www.nixim.com

Any questions or advise on set up and installation I would be happy to discuss here

Dave

I've had a NIXIM V2 brake mod in my G25 pedals for several years, the pedals are now connected to my G29 & it's still going strong. Best mod I ever did.

10/10! 👍

@NIXIM - :cheers:

Hi :)

Thanks for the endorsement, yes I still have my old G25. It still works fine in spite of the age and use - I still prefer it to the G27's we have in our fleet of Racecraft in daily use at our Simcentre - www.niximmotorsim.com

We use the brake and clutch springs in our rigs but due to the reclined "sports car" seating position in our chassis we do not need the gas spring.

I see you are in London, we are in Doncaster you and everyone are welcome to call in anytime.

Dave

Reactions: VBR
Although I had played with all kinds of contraptions including a real car hydraulic brake setup, and after a few years of experimentation and many thrown away prototypes I eventually came down to a system where you can achieve pretty much any feel from the brake that I wanted.
And when I first bought a G25 when they were released, I adapted some of my own work to fit the Logitech setup, Logitech must have sold a hell of a lot of G25's and G27's because sales are still strong and we are now receiving orders for G29 pedal mods.

Thanks again for your endorsement and with a G25 I know you've been around for a while. :)

Dave

I have got this mod to and a top top mod. I replace clutch to throttle and old brake Spring to clutch and put in new brake Spring

What is the difference with the GT EYES?
I have it, i wanna know if i have to try the Nixim or if is similar

With the buffer fitted the NIXIM mod starts softer but progressively becomes harder as a real pedal does - The GT EYE brake pedal does not, The GT Eye spring just gives a flat response as you would get from any spring.
Whether you prefer either is up to your own personal preference, but as you see from the above graph there is only one spring that shows a true progressive feel - and that has always been the case.

The stock G29 set up whilst sort of progressive, is notchy and eventually becomes too hard to press the pedal through its full stroke. Not very good at all - a very poor copy of the NIXIM spring, but then what else is new?

Ordered a Nixim Brake Spring a few days ago and expecting it soon within a couple of days and cant wait to try the spring out. 👍 Will give my feedback and experience in my review after i try it out for a few hours

Thanks Nixim :cheers:

My G27 pedals have the Nixim mod installed and I can't fault it. It's relatively easy to install and very effective in use. It certainly made running without ABS in GT6 much easier, I had far better control.

A simple mod that works......it doesn't get any better than that.👍

I've had a few hours now under my Nixim brake spring and the clutch spring in the gas pedal and I'm very happy so far. The feeling especially when braking is so much smoother, I had the gteye before and the compression in the Nixim is a huge improvement. I didn't think it would make much of a difference between the 2 springs but the nixim for me made hard braking and trail braking much easier in my experience so far.

I also want to note when I put the clutch spring in the gas pedal, I personally loved it as its much stiffer for me and able to put certain percentages of gas especially when coming out of the corners and it's just a smooth feeling for my feet.

So with a few hours under my belt from a few the past 4 days approximately I'm very pleased with the improvement.

Thank you also to the Nixim for the support.

I've had a few hours now under my Nixim brake spring and the clutch spring in the gas pedal and I'm very happy so far. The feeling especially when braking is so much smoother, I had the gteye before and the compression in the Nixim is a huge improvement. I didn't think it would make much of a difference between the 2 springs but the nixim for me made hard braking and trail braking much easier in my experience so far.

I also want to note when I put the clutch spring in the gas pedal, I personally loved it as its much stiffer for me and able to put certain percentages of gas especially when coming out of the corners and it's just a smooth feeling for my feet.

So with a few hours under my belt from a few the past 4 days approximately I'm very pleased with the improvement.

Thank you also to the Nixim for the support.

I got my GTeye for 6 weeks only...

With this feedback, i know what i want now!

I got my GTeye for 6 weeks only...

With this feedback, i know what i want now!
Awesome Max! It even has improved my speed a bit. I mean not like I'm going 2-3 seconds faster or anything but tenths off in a few sectors and for your speed or my speed or anyone's, tenths off is a lot.

However biggest improvement is consistency of speed, last night I had a league race night and turned the last 10 laps all within .200 of each other in a 11 lap race. I've always been consistent but to have a smoother feeling in both pedals, it really helps you with more smoother percentage inputs around the corners.

I took a picture of the GTEYE spring vs NIXIM, and by looking at both of these springs I found out the Nixim looks like it even has more compression. Also I have a G29 and I put the rubber stopper from the G29 into the gteye and I don't know if it was always like this but the rubber stopper just slides through the spring like it doesn't exist. So having a proper rubber stopper is awesome!

Both springs from both brands are great! However I prefer nixim for my personal racing experience as I take it a little more serious than most.

Here is a comparison picture.

IMAG0246.jpg

I'm running always with ABS off ( except in special occasion ), the GTeye improved my driving a lot, i dont expect the same gap of performance but i wish to improve a bit more!

I'm running always with ABS off ( except in special occasion ), the GTeye improved my driving a lot, i dont expect the same gap of performance but i wish to improve a bit more!
Yeah I've done ABS off sometimes, not all the time but I personally like the nixim better in abs off as well.

I know your a fast driver as well Max, hopefully my review helped weigh out your options and helped others.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments guys, we use the mod in our simcentre - both clutch and brake, but due to the reclined driving position in our rigs we do not use the gas spring. www.niximmotorsim.com

dave

How many days for shipping in Canada?

And can you tell me how much cost in canadian $??

Maybe i'll ordering Brake+Throttle or just Brake, can you tell me price of both. Thx

It depends how you order, we ship most mods by "small packet" post which is generally reliable but sometimes items can be delayed. You can have your order tracked but you have to inform us when ordering and there is an extra charge for tracking.
Any order of a full set or any combination of three springs or more is tracked automatically and there is no extra charge for tracking.
A tracked order usually arrives slightly quicker than one that is not tracked.

You would normally recieve an order within 10 days anywhere - but as I said some items can be delayed usually dependent on how efficient your own postal service is.

dave

It depends how you order, we ship most mods by "small packet" post which is generally reliable but sometimes items can be delayed. You can have your order tracked but you have to inform us when ordering and there is an extra charge for tracking.
Any order of a full set or any combination of three springs or more is tracked automatically and there is no extra charge for tracking.
A tracked order usually arrives slightly quicker than one that is not tracked.

You would normally recieve an order within 10 days anywhere - but as I said some items can be delayed usually dependent on how efficient your own postal service is.

dave

Ok Dave, you dont answer all my questions but i'll ask my friend to check for me, i'm french and not really good with ordering on the net.

I'll give you a review soon for your product

This has cought my attension I must admit , I do have the GTEYE for the moment , but I would like too hear like maxx , how much does it cost for the nixim springs , without all off the ekstra amounts for shipping , just the plain price for the springs would be great too know :)

This has cought my attension I must admit , I do have the GTEYE for the moment , but I would like too hear like maxx , how much does it cost for the nixim springs , without all off the ekstra amounts for shipping , just the plain price for the springs would be great too know :)

Look complicated to give us a price! lol

I presume you are reasonably local and wish to collect, - simply deduct £4.00 from which package option you wish to buy.
If you are collecting - don't just turn up at our venue and expect us to have one in stock as they are prepared elsewhere. But it would be no problem with as little as an hours notice of your requirements.

Dave

You shouldnt just asume I live nearby as I live in denmark , but it seems too me that its a big secret what the springs them self cost since you choose not too answer the simple question , so nevermind ......

You shouldnt just asume I live nearby as I live in denmark , but it seems too me that its a big secret what the springs them self cost since you choose not too answer the simple question , so nevermind ......

In that case, "what the springs cost" is really none of your business, and you should not "assume" I was going to tell you.

All that should concern you as a customer is that you receive the goods at the stated price and that they are in good condition and work as described.

Dave

In that case, "what the springs cost" is really none of your business

Brooooooooo, come on, we dont care how much the spring cost to you, we just wanna know the price for us!!!!

With the shipping. In canada and in Danmark, can you manage this or.......???

Brooooooooo, come on, we dont care how much the spring cost to you, we just wanna know the price for us!!!!

With the shipping. In canada and in Danmark, can you manage this or.......???

You need to make your request a little clearer, are to talking of a bulk order - which would attract a discount?

^^ Sry m8, not enought clear i guess

Yeah, i can easy remove 4 euro to something, but to what? I dont know, if you saw him tell us a price, in this thread, you are pretty nice m8

Starting to be a little bit boring, i just wanna know the price of the brake spring, with the shipping in Canada.

Mate nearly 30,000 people have bought this mod and all of them simply logged onto www.nixim.com and all the info you need is there - including the price.
Read the info and select the option you wish to buy and everything is done automatically - including currency conversion.
The price is detailed and includes shipping worldwide and if you logged onto www.nixim.com you would already know this.
www.nixim.com is the only place you can obtain this mod, so you would have to go there to order anyway.

To be honest I agree this is boring so might I suggest you go and order a copy of our product from somewhere you might consider more exciting - please be my guest.

Dave

Out of curiosity, with the brake spring and rubber what is the resistance like compared to the Thrustmaster T3PA brake with conical cone? I still have my G25 pedals but was curious how stiff it would be to the Thrustmaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back