Logitech pedal upgrades from NIXIM

• Thread starter NIXIM
  • 36 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, with the brake spring and rubber what is the resistance like compared to the Thrustmaster T3PA brake with conical cone? I still have my G25 pedals but was curious how stiff it would be to the Thrustmaster?

No Idea to be honest, we have never tested against any other product other than the feel of a real pedal in a real car, in which case it feels more like the brake in a real race car. If you were looking for perfection where else would you go?
That is why to achieve the perfect feel you need to experiment with whatever options regarding the pedals that you have. PC games or Simulation is better for this kind of thing than consoles are.

The mod works perfectly fine with console games and is probably the best improvement you can make to a set of Logi pedals.

The reasons that race brakes are quite hard to press are -
a/ because under heavy braking the driver can be forced onto the pedals so pressing the brake provides a resistance to the driver sliding forward.
b/ the harder the driver has to press the brake before threshold is reached gives the driver a wider range of feel with which to sense what effect he is having on the car.

You can if you wish soften a NIXIM mod to your preference by trimming the rubber buffer or simply by removing it altogether.

Dave

I have G25 pedals that I recently re-modded using Nixim gas and clutch springs, a Ricmotech load cell and DSD tilton pads. I use them with a TX wheel now.

Compared to stock, they are amazing. I have in real life driven, among other things, a Formula 3000 and while I couldn't say they feel totally real, they are close enough that it won't break immersion. For the price, I'd always recommend this route, especially for console

I'm sure the Thrustmaster pedals are good but as far as I know there is no available clutch mod like the Nixim.

The Thrustmaster pedals aren't good resistance wise. They are so weak but I've often wondered why these manufacturers always put in such garbage springs?

Also wondered why NIXIM hasn't created springs for the T3PA and Pro pedals. The weakness in the T3PA pedals are starting to cheese me off.

Out of curiosity, with the brake spring and rubber what is the resistance like compared to the Thrustmaster T3PA brake with conical cone? I still have my G25 pedals but was curious how stiff it would be to the Thrustmaster?

My apologies for the delayed reply, must have missed the notification as I get tons of spam every day.
Regarding your query - we simply cannot compare we have no idea how it compares, that really is down to you guys.
All I can say is that the brake feel is that of a full racing brake as it is harder to press than that of a normal car brake - this gives the driver a much wider range of "feel" in terms of how the car is responding to driver input.

You would hardly feel the first couple of mm of pedal movement, but the last couple of mm of pedal movement requires a lot of foot pressure (about 27 kilogrammes as you see from the above graph).

Dave

Have you thought of creating Thrustmaster springs for T3PA and Pro pedals as they are quite small. 1.8cm width, 3.8cm height on the T3PA.

Have you thought of creating Thrustmaster springs for T3PA and Pro pedals as they are quite small. 1.8cm width, 3.8cm height on the T3PA.

All I can say for now, is that yes we have thought about it :)

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back