Logitek racing wheel question

  • Thread starter Thread starter azshawn17
  • 82 comments
  • 5,856 views
alexsteffen
Today my gamechopper arrived and in combination with the DFP i really love this hardware !

It´s so great ! My first time with the falken nissan in the GT4 Demo was a 7:04 (Controller: 6:59) and i will be able to improve !!!

It´s so much fun and the precision of the wheel is really fantastic.

There are some parts of the nordschleife where you loose some time compared to the normal controller, but there are so many (especially the fast ones) places where you are able to drive a clean line and to steer the car with the throttle !!!

i just love it !!

Very nice:D
Also kewl that you can come close to you ds2 times already 👍
Is it a very solid construction?
In a store neer to where i live they have a playseat setup, i was a bit disapointed by it.
It just has too much movement well in the hole thing, you'd probably have to weld averything up or weld some suport bars to it too make it a little solid.
Especialy the bar that holds the steeringwheel just is to wobly.
 
BTW, I know that this should belong to the Prologue forum, but...

I suck with my DFP and the Mitsubishi Lancer in Cita d'Aria, is very difficult to control the car, it oversteers a lot!!! (no aids and street tires)
 
Balou
I think it still returns to the center...
But does this really affect gameplay?

no it doesnt.. but this might say something about the way they have their force feedback implemented.
 
alucard83
Very nice:D
Also kewl that you can come close to you ds2 times already 👍
Is it a very solid construction?
In a store neer to where i live they have a playseat setup, i was a bit disapointed by it.
It just has too much movement well in the hole thing, you'd probably have to weld averything up or weld some suport bars to it too make it a little solid.
Especialy the bar that holds the steeringwheel just is to wobly.

Well, the gamechopper is pretty close to perfection ! Almost everything is absolutely free adjustable and till now 3 friends have already played with it and everone found a good seat position.

But there is one weak point that my pal from cologne (he owns his gamechopper since last week) also noticed. And i can confirm it now ! There is absolutely no movement in the seat and in the pedal plate (i know that it´s hard to believe, when you see it first, but the manufacturer is a well known High-Quality-Furniture-Designer and he really seems to know, what he is doing) but:

The central Screw of the seat fixes the 3 "legs" (is that good english???) and it also fixes the angle of the Steering Wheel Plate. And that is definately too much !

So there is a little movement in this plate, but compared to other seats (that are up to 200-300 Euro) it´s really not wobbly !!!!

But now i have to come to an end, because my gamechopper ist standing 3 meters from here, and it is already calling.

At the moment i´m playing DTM RACE DRIVER 2 from Codemasters and the feeling with the wheel is even better than in the GT4 Demos !!!
It´s like playing a completely different game !
 
alexsteffen
Well, the gamechopper is pretty close to perfection ! Almost everything is absolutely free adjustable and till now 3 friends have already played with it and everone found a good seat position.

But there is one weak point that my pal from cologne (he owns his gamechopper since last week) also noticed. And i can confirm it now ! There is absolutely no movement in the seat and in the pedal plate (i know that it´s hard to believe, when you see it first, but the manufacturer is a well known High-Quality-Furniture-Designer and he really seems to know, what he is doing) but:

The central Screw of the seat fixes the 3 "legs" (is that good english???) and it also fixes the angle of the Steering Wheel Plate. And that is definately too much !

So there is a little movement in this plate, but compared to other seats (that are up to 200-300 Euro) it´s really not wobbly !!!!

But now i have to come to an end, because my gamechopper ist standing 3 meters from here, and it is already calling.

At the moment i´m playing DTM RACE DRIVER 2 from Codemasters and the feeling with the wheel is even better than in the GT4 Demos !!!
It´s like playing a completely different game !

Thanx for puling yourself away from your gamechopper and answering my question:D
Game on 👍
 
alucard83
Thanx for puling yourself away from your gamechopper and answering my question:D
Game on 👍

Wow !!!

After two hours of DTM RACE DRIVER 2 i just had to insert the japanese GT4 Demo for one more lap with the Falken.

It was a smooth ride with no big errors, no wall contacts and allways two tires on the track and i managed a 7:02:906 (my best controller time: 6:59:420).

So on this huge track the difference (for me, at the moment) is about 3 seconds ! And it´s only the second day i own this wheel and seat !

This proves to me, that there are no more disadvantages for the wheels.

I recognized that at "flugplatz" and at "antoniusbuche" (the very fast and wicked part right after the "döttinger höhe"-straight) the car is smoother to drive, it won´t break out and it´s easier to hold the line with the DFP.

But still there are some places and especially moments on the Nordschleife when i wish i had the reaction speed of the controller (especially when the car start to oversteer)

Now i´m gonna go to bed with a new personal record time with my wheel :)
 
Well im going to buy the dfp too.
I've heard a lot of good thing about it from all of you so thanx for that:D
Nice to have an excuse to buy it too, yeah well my momo doesn't work with gt4:idea:
 
I've been considering to purchase DFP since last year and finally I've managed to save up enough money to get one. However, I'm afraid that Pedal Bug thingy would occur also (but I guess at the end of the day I'll still get the DFP lol)

The Gamechopper is by far the cheapest and decent racing built I've come across and would like to order it too. Any reviews from here that I can read upon?
 
I already have the Logitek Driving Force (w/Force Feedback) Wheel.

With specific regard to GT4 -

Can some one tell me if the DFP is worth the upgrade?

THANKS
 
CMe, can you play GT4 using the wheel you currently have ?
 
seizure_
CMe, can you play GT4 using the wheel you currently have ?

Yes, my current wheel is fine, fully functional, and works great with GT3, GT4P, GT4-Demo.

But if the DFP is better with GT4 than my current wheel - I'll probably upgrade.
 
CMe
Yes, my current wheel is fine, fully functional, and works great with GT3, GT4P, GT4-Demo.

But if the DFP is better with GT4 than my current wheel - I'll probably upgrade.

So does your current wheel turn with a sound ? I saw a video from showing a guying drifting with a GT Force Pro but when he turn the wheel, there's this sound coming from it, which I don't really like
 
seizure_
So does your current wheel turn with a sound ? I saw a video from showing a guying drifting with a GT Force Pro but when he turn the wheel, there's this sound coming from it, which I don't really like

Yes it does create some sound when I turn the wheel, but this is not an issue for me. I have other wheels for my PC and they too are not silent.
 
I have one.

And I'm easily faster with the DFP than I was with a DS2.

This wheel has gotten me some nice times as of late. 👍
 
alexsteffen

Damn that sux, hm, got me thinking about not buying.
It's just a shame that my momo isn't supported anymore.
I was thinking about buying the dfp and try to mod the leather momo force wheel on it.
I think i'm going to wait for the release of the pal version of gt4 and see how that handels the steering wheel.
At least thanx for the info alexsteffen 👍
 
Lightning
I have one.

And I'm easily faster with the DFP than I was with a DS2.

This wheel has gotten me some nice times as of late. 👍

I'm getting quicker times now also, to start off with I struggled with good lap times, but now I'm getting better times and its far much more fun and feels so rewarding.
 
alucard83
Damn that sux, hm, got me thinking about not buying.
It's just a shame that my momo isn't supported anymore.
I was thinking about buying the dfp and try to mod the leather momo force wheel on it.
I think i'm going to wait for the release of the pal version of gt4 and see how that handels the steering wheel.
At least thanx for the info alexsteffen 👍

My local dealer replaced the wheel today and the new one works brilliant. I´ve just been able to improve my best "wheel"-time from 7:02:906 to a 7:01:529 !
(for comparison: my best controller time is a 6:59:420)

Again it´s big fun to drive with the wheel, but how long will it last ???

I will report !!!
 
alexsteffen
My local dealer replaced the wheel today and the new one works brilliant. I´ve just been able to improve my best "wheel"-time from 7:02:906 to a 7:01:529 !
(for comparison: my best controller time is a 6:59:420)

Again it´s big fun to drive with the wheel, but how long will it last ???

I will report !!!

lets hope it lasts for a long time:D
I don't know yet if i'm going to buy it yet, don't think i'll be able to stop myself ones ive got gt4:P
 
CMe
I already have the Logitek Driving Force (w/Force Feedback) Wheel.

With specific regard to GT4 -

Can some one tell me if the DFP is worth the upgrade?

THANKS


Same here, ther is so much talk about DFP but nobody ever says if it is so much better than DF. The only thing I hate about my DF is that it shakes like hell on fast straights when i let go of it. Do DFP shake so much too or will they keep the car going straight even if you don't hold it in your hands?

My basic DF is precise enough, I can use it for rallying, it is almost as quick as DS.
I see no reason why DFP should be so much better that nobody says anyghing about DF here.
 
Back