Long time GT fan loving Forza 3.

• Thread starter danjama
  • 88 comments
United Kingdom
London
This week I went in to Carphone Warehouse with the intention of getting a new phone/contract. I'd only gone there by chance, as the first shop I went to didn't have the phone I wanted in stock. Now CW just happened to be offering a FREE 4gb Xbox with the phone and contract I wanted, so I thought, why not?

Naturally, I proceeded to pick up Forza 3 and then home to see what all the fuss was about.

I have to say after quite a few hours of play, I am loving Forza. I'm very impressed with the various features and modes. I really love the feel of the driving, even with the controller which by the way, is much better to use with a racing game compared to PS3 controller with GT5p. The sticks are much more progressive and responsive, at least in this man's opinion. The visuals are equally as impressive, although clearly not on GT5's level. But in this case they are undoubtedly good enough. I don't have a bad thing to say about Forza 3 yet. Love the tuning, love the racing, love the auction system, love the paint/vinyl shop. I am actually surprised at how much I enjoy it, because of the ludicrous amounts of negativity i read online. Another feature I like is the tips/history/facts during load times. Although i'm sure they'll become boring and pointless eventually, they are a nice touch that show a lot of love for their product.

I can see why this game has such a following.

At first I planned on playing this until GT5 arrived, but now I am certain they will have to co-exist.

You should've waited a little while and got the Ultimate Collector's edition and had all the DLC...Forza 3 probably still sells for $60 anyway doesn't it?

This week I went in to Carphone Warehouse with the intention of getting a new phone/contract. I'd only gone there by chance, as the first shop I went to didn't have the phone I wanted in stock. Now CW just happened to be offering a FREE 4gb Xbox with the phone and contract I wanted, so I thought, why not?

Naturally, I proceeded to pick up Forza 3 and then home to see what all the fuss was about.

I have to say after quite a few hours of play, I am loving Forza. I'm very impressed with the various features and modes. I really love the feel of the driving, even with the controller which by the way, is much better to use with a racing game compared to PS3 controller with GT5p. The sticks are much more progressive and responsive, at least in this man's opinion. The visuals are equally as impressive, although clearly not on GT5's level. But in this case they are undoubtedly good enough. I don't have a bad thing to say about Forza 3 yet. Love the tuning, love the racing, love the auction system, love the paint/vinyl shop. I am actually surprised at how much I enjoy it, because of the ludicrous amounts of negativity i read online. Another feature I like is the tips/history/facts during load times. Although i'm sure they'll become boring and pointless eventually, they are a nice touch that show a lot of love for their product.

At first I planned on playing this until GT5 arrived, but now I am certain they will have to co-exist.

I bought my 360 just for the Forza series. I was really exited for Forza 3 as well and when it was released I played it more than Prologue... for about week.

I don't know why, but for some reason I became very bored whenever I played the game. Part of it might be because of the awful career mode (in my opinion) but to this day I still play Prologue more than Forza 3.

Beware of the online too. I joined a couple of public online matches, and as soon as the race started I was hit from the side, and then at the first corner, hit from behind. I'm sure if you played with people from here it would be a whole lot better, but I'd advise you to stay away for now.

If you want to race sometime, feel free to add me on Xbox Live. My gamertag is PageyTheSquid and I'm generally on a few times during the weekend.

Parker

Stay away from lobbies like the standard A Class circuit racing. Those people are just out to win. And it seems that about half of the people who are rated Champion or Veteran are only out to win. If they cut you off, too bad. If they spin you, too bad.

I think Multiclass A/E is one of the better lobbies, particularly for beginners. Try to be courteous to the other traffic though...

Thanks for the online tips! Feel free to add me, I have no friends on xbl at the moment >:)

Tag is just "danjama".

Oh and I got the game very cheap - preowned and staff discount means I only payed £9. Plus I was unaware about this collectors edition.

Yeah it's a easy pick up and play racing game.They made this game mainly for the casual racer due to the loads of grip everycar has,but it's still fun for those who are competetive on this game.

Thanks for the online tips! Feel free to add me, I have no friends on xbl at the moment >:)

Tag is just "danjama".

Oh and I got the game very cheap - preowned and staff discount means I only payed £9. Plus I was unaware about this collectors edition.

Have fun with the game, you could have years of fun with it. I know I have loved every minute of it for a long time now. I will add you to my F/L as well.

Yeah it's a easy pick up and play racing game.They made this game mainly for the casual racer due to the loads of grip everycar has,but it's still fun for those who are competetive on this game.

It's actually for the car fanatic and racing sim fans, with secondary focus to casual. Don't play on easy mode, play on Pro. No easy grip there, lol.

Have fun with the game, you could have years of fun with it. I know I have loved every minute of it for a long time now. I will add you to my F/L as well.

It's actually for the car fanatic and racing sim fans, with secondary focus to casual. Don't play on easy mode, play on Pro. No easy grip there, lol.

Even on Pro it has loads of grip. :sly:

I have played it on pro since putting the disc into the machine, and there is definitely no excess of grip. It's very easy to get the rear end loose on most cars, especially RWD, so I don't know how you can say there's too much grip. The physics feel alot like GT5p for me, in that respect.

Even on Pro it has loads of grip. :sly:

Will agree with you on this, Don't get me wrong its a fun game but the grip level are high, Its not so high for the race cars though they handle very good.

I have played it on pro since putting the disc into the machine, and there is definitely no excess of grip. It's very easy to get the rear end loose on most cars, especially RWD, so I don't know how you can say there's too much grip. The physics feel alot like GT5p for me, in that respect.

Sorry man but both games handle very different IMO prime example the F40 and the Mines GTR. If you have both games (which I'm pretty sure you do from your comments) drive these cars and compare and contrast. In GT5P the Mines GTR rear breaks loose any time your throttle input is to much, not the case for FM3. AWD cars In FM3 don't break out during turning and hard acceleration I hate it :yuck:

Last edited:
Will agree with you on this, Don't get me wrong its a fun game but the grip level are high, Its not so high for the race cars though they handle very good.

Sorry man but both games handle very different IMO prime example the F40 and the Mines GTR. If you have both games (which I'm pretty sure you do from your comments) drive these cars and compare and contrast. In GT5P the Mines GTR rear breaks loose any time your throttle input is to much, not the case for FM3. AWD cars In FM3 don't break out during turning and hard acceleration I hate it :yuck:

Yeah AWD cars are a joke, I agree completely. It's so obvious. But i'm having tonnes of fun with RWD cars.

*I agree about the Race Cars.Those where the most fun and handled relatively well,but some(Insert Porche 911 GT Race Car)were a handful.

I had some of my best hotlap times in the Race Cars.

*I've owned both games(still have and play GT5P) and you can deffinatley tell a big difference between the two.All cars(well most insert 1973 carrera) up until you get to the Race cars have loads of grip while the ones in GT5P do not(well the open wheel race car does).

You can also find this out by the racing lines,in FM3 you can almost take the corner at any angle and still come out ok due to high levels in grip,but in GT5P you better take that corner pretty precise or you'll be in the grass.

Yeah AWD cars are a joke, I agree completely. It's so obvious. But i'm having tonnes of fun with RWD cars.

That is one of the things that put me off on FM3 was the AWD domination,i hated that the only way to compete on the leaderboards in the lower classes was to use one.

I liked FM2 a bit better on this,because i could tune up any drivetrain and make it a good leaderboard contender.

I agree about the RWD part, i had a ton of fun racing with buddies in Mid engine RWD,Front engine RWD and on occasion have that difficult but fun Rear Engine RWD race.All in Private rooms of course 👍

You guys do realize that AWD cars are faster in the real world? There's a reason they get banned in everything.

You guys do realize that AWD cars are faster in the real world? There's a reason they get banned in everything.

Thats not always the case In most motor sport the car is power by its rear wheels. Also watch Bestmotoringvideo and watch whats happens when some of the AWD cars go against the FR they get smoked on the togue.

What do you think about the grip level in FM2?

For me the handling in FM2 is a bit more interesting though that doesn't mean it's more realistic.

You got a different copy of Forza than the rest of us :sly:

Dont think he did. This game is so easy.
Also this game got so many glitches so i couldnt love it at all. It totally sucks. Why are FM fans lying to themselves??
Also T10 was lying to their fans before the release when they said features would be in the game but it wasnt. Thats just F up.

Also this game got so many glitches so i couldnt love it at all. It totally sucks. Why are FM fans lying to themselves??
Also T10 was lying to their fans before the release when they said features would be in the game but it wasnt. Thats just F up.

"It totally sucks" is not a very objective point of view, it's just your personal subjective opinion, and i don't see how we (FM Fans) are lying to ourselves. I haven't come across one glitch that really bothers me. What glitches and features that aren't in the game are you talking about exactly?

Forza fans are lying to themselves that they enjoy the game? What a strange person you would be if you lied to yourself about enjoying something.

That's some fantastic logic right there, let me tell you. :rolleyes:

Oh, I didn't see the doozy; T10 lying to fans about what was in the game. I recall GT4 was supposed to ship with an online mode and that was somewhat absent.

First I've heard of this "Pro mode" you're speaking of. Looks like there could be some truth in your statement below. :rolleyes:

You got a different copy of Forza than the rest of us :sly:

First I've heard of this "Pro mode" you're speaking of. Looks like there could be some truth in your statement below. :rolleyes:

I think he means when you turn of the line, TCS, STM, ABS,. There is no Pro mode like GT5. The Forza series is a good one IMO FM1 was the best because It was Something different from GT. FM2 was probably my Favorite of the FM series. The only thing i had a problem with was no night racing and the P2P tracks where gone. FM3 really did not give me a new experience from 2. Its just like 2 with small new features. Im not going to front I was pumped about the cockpit view, but there is so many different variation of some being good some looking like crap, some dials not working It just turned me off. I still say its a fun game though. To keep it real though the Forza team are going to have to work very hard to make FM4 up to GT5. Oh how I love competition.

A guy posts a thread that he's genuinely enjoying a new (to him) game and the usual members jump in with comments as ridiculous as fans lie to themselves when they say they enjoy it?

Colour me unsurprised.

Hey don't worry man I won't let these guys ruin my enjoyment of the game! I've read up on all of the arguments months ago, before I even thought i'd have an xbox and forza. I tend to read up on new racing games, especially big ones, even if i've got no plans to play them.

The fact is, i'm enjoying it for what it is, and not worrying about how accurate the AWD domination is, or how increasing tyre width but decreasing pressure affects my PI.

Also, since it's been brought up, is FM2 still worth a buy, even if I have FM3? Are there cockpits in FM2?

Hey don't worry man I won't let these guys ruin my enjoyment of the game! I've read up on all of the arguments months ago, before I even thought i'd have an xbox and forza. I tend to read up on new racing games, especially big ones, even if i've got no plans to play them.

The fact is, i'm enjoying it for what it is, and not worrying about how accurate the AWD domination is, or how increasing tyre width but decreasing pressure affects my PI.

Also, since it's been brought up, is FM2 still worth a buy, even if I have FM3? Are there cockpits in FM2?

No, on both accounts. Just stick with 3. 👍

FM2 has a better HUD, local leaderboards, custom public lobbies, system link and I prefer its dark UI theme :).

Last edited:
Back