Long time GT fan loving Forza 3.

• Thread starter danjama
  • 88 comments
Thats not always the case In most motor sport the car is power by its rear wheels. Also watch Bestmotoringvideo and watch whats happens when some of the AWD cars go against the FR they get smoked on the togue.

Read the rules for most motorsport with RWD cars. AWD is banned in them.

Edit: However, I do realize that's not what makes them so dominant in FM3. That has more to do with how PI is calculated, and it seems that weight has too much effect on it.

danjama
The fact is, i'm enjoying it for what it is, and not worrying about how accurate the AWD domination is, or how increasing tyre width but decreasing pressure affects my PI.

Not sure what you're meaning about that pressure part. If you mean tire pressure, none of the tuning settings have any affect on your PI.

Last edited:
FM2 has a better HUD, local leaderboards, custom public lobbies, system link and I prefer its dark UI theme :).

but it doesn't have cockpit-view and the lobbies are mostly empty these days (or at least not as packed as they used to be, naturally).

but it doesn't have cockpit-view and the lobbies are mostly empty these days (or at least not as packed as they used to be, naturally).
:lol:

Yeah I suppose that better lobbies aren't too useful when there's not anyone in them..

I played bought and enjoyed GT5p, and I liked FM2 and really like FM3. Some people complain about the graphics and I did too initially, but tracks like Maple Valley and the Nurburgring or even Suzuka have a beauty about them that grows on you. It's because of the environmental detail, you notice things as you continue driving certain tracks.
The driving is also excellent and the AI is a cut above anything in the GT franchise. ( M. Rossie MUST ****ING HANG)
The game nails the edge of your seat experience that a racing game ought to be. Approaching level 50 now, and I've developed only two serious complaints:
1. Why are the same half dozen locations used over and over and over and over again in the Events list? Where is the variety? I had to hunt down Laguna Seca, I think I've only raced to two events there so far.
2. I dont game online, so I let my Gold membership expire. I'm not pleased that I have to be a Gold member to do something as simple as buy cars in the auction house. I dont care about the rationalization for this, it's utter BS.

Dont think he did. This game is so easy.
Also this game got so many glitches so i couldnt love it at all. It totally sucks. Why are FM fans lying to themselves??
Also T10 was lying to their fans before the release when they said features would be in the game but it wasnt. Thats just F up.

Huh?:nervous:

First I've heard of this "Pro mode" you're speaking of. Looks like there could be some truth in your statement below. :rolleyes:

One has to wonder if you have ever played Forza if you were not aware of the different difficulty modes.:banghead: Your credibility seems to be dropping faster than the Hindenburg. Keep up the good work.

One has to wonder if you have ever played Forza if you were not aware of the different difficulty modes.:banghead: Your credibility seems to be dropping faster than the Hindenburg. Keep up the good work.

"Different difficulty modes?" Unless you're referring to turning driving assists off, I haven't got a clue what you're talking about. :odd:

I think I know what Bogie is on about. When you go to the driving aid menu, there is an option right at the top of the page that lets you select between different difficulties. It usually says "Custom" if you configured the driving aids yourself.

Hey, there is nothing we can do to help you if you didn't realize the different modes in FM3. 👍:)

Seriously though, what are you talking about? If you're simply referring to the pre-race difficulty settings screen (driving assists, racing line, AI skill level...) we'll just leave it there. :ouch:

Seriously though, what are you talking about? If you're simply referring to the pre-race difficulty settings screen (driving assists, racing line, AI skill level...) we'll just leave it there. :ouch:

Hopefully, as most of us have, you were able to enjoy Forza 3 in one of 3 difficulty modes. Normal, Medium and Hard. Most of us chose to race Forza on Hard mode difficulty.

When racing in hard mode:

You change the AI to professional experience
You increase the damage of your vehicle
You reduce aerodynamics of your damaged vehicle
You enable engine failure
You enable transmission failure
You increase brake wear
You increase tire wear
You increase transmission wear
You disable ABS
You disable stability Control
You disable racing line
You disable traction Control
You reduce grip
You lose fuel

Last edited:
You reduce grip

No, you don't. None of the difficulty options in Forza (and let's be clear, there is a spectrum of difficulty because each element is configured separately) affect the underlying physics model at all. You can easily test this by driving full-lock circles in a neutral handling car and seeing what speed you lose grip at.

For all that you want to come across as the Forza expert I have to say that, as someone who's racked up hundreds more hours in that game than you have (unlike you, I didn't quit playing in November of last year), your posts in this thread have made little sense at all.

No, you don't.

Yes you do. Stability control effects grip when disabled.

None of the difficulty options in Forza (and let's be clear, there is a spectrum of difficulty because each element is configured separately) affect the underlying physics model at all.

Actually it does, as does the tire deformation with the grip and the worn tires hot tires. Not to mention, you can reduce grip with different tires as well. When going into the more difficult level, you lose of the features as mentioned above and increase wear and tear which affects grip.

You can easily test this by driving full-lock circles in a neutral handling car and seeing what speed you lose grip at.

Exactly.

For all that you want to come across as the Forza expert I have to say that, as someone who's racked up hundreds more hours in that game than you have

Most likely I have more hours than you do in Forza. But that is here nor there.

(unlike you, I didn't quit playing in November of last year)

Last time I played Forza 3 was September 23rd of THIS year, as in last month. Maybe you should really know what you are talking about before you post so that doesn't happen again.

your posts in this thread have made little sense at all.

Your post made zero sense.

Most likely I have more hours than you do in Forza. But that is here nor there.

You do realise that your achievements show you hit level 40 on 9th November 2009 and haven't yet hit level 45, right? I know you played on 23/9 as you got the Connoisseur achievement, but you don't seem to be actually driving anything :lol:

Yes you do. Stability control effects grip when disabled.

Actually it does, as does the tire deformation with the grip and the worn tires hot tires. Not to mention, you can reduce grip with different tires as well.

Stability control doesn't affect grip. It does affect how the car reacts to a loss of grip.

Different tyres are a matter of tuning and have nothing to do with difficulty settings. I'm not quite sure what the other sentence was trying to say, but I think part of it is trying to point out that I hadn't considered tyre wear settings affecting grip due to temperature changes, in which case you're right there. I have no idea what you think tyre deformation has to do with it though - the tyre deformation modelling is always on in Forza.

You do realise that your achievements show you hit level 40 on 9th November 2009 and haven't yet hit level 45, right? I know you played on 23/9 as you got the Connoisseur achievement, but you don't seem to be actually driving anything :lol:

Lately I mostly play Arcade with my son which was just on 9/23/10, :lol: In fact it's my son who got the acheevo that day :lol:

Now how about contributing to the thread?

Stability control doesn't affect grip. It does affect how the car reacts to a loss of grip.

The stability control is essentially a yaw sensor. It will counter act understeer/oversteer essentially when you have a loss of grip. If you disable this, your "control" is reduced. Enabled, you your cars ESC will counteract that oversteer/understeer, therefore giving you better control.

You are correct, it's a fine line with that, because it's not really affecting the tires, or "grip" per se, but it makes it easier to take corners.

Different tyres are a matter of tuning and have nothing to do with difficulty settings.

Different tires have a different affect on wear/tear grip when you go into the hard mode, which is physics. There is no affect on the tire wear (and grip loss from wear) in normal mode with grip.

I have no idea what you think tyre deformation has to do with it though - the tyre deformation modelling is always on in Forza.

Tire deformation affects grip and wear in hardmode. Tire deformation does not affect wear/grip combined in normal mode.

Back on topic though, the point was, our new guy wasn't aware that there were more difficult modes in Forza.

Last edited:
The stability control is essentially a yaw sensor. It will counter act understeer/oversteer essentially when you have a loss of grip. If you disable this, your "control" is reduced. Enabled, you your cars ESC will counteract that oversteer/understeer, therefore giving you better control.

You are correct, it's a fine line with that, because it's not really affecting the tires, or "grip" per se, but it makes it easier to take corners.

Different tires have a different affect on wear/tear grip when you go into the hard mode, which is physics. There is no affect on the tire wear (and grip loss from wear) in normal mode with grip.

Tire deformation affects grip and wear in hardmode. Tire deformation does not affect wear/grip combined in normal mode.

Back on topic though, the point was, our new guy wasn't aware that there were more difficult modes in Forza.

If you'd kept it to the point of wear affecting grip then I'd have been able to agree with you from the start, but you did choose to list several separate attributes whose only affect on physics modelling was through tyre wear, so sorry, but I had to take issue with that.

As for the point, I think what people were getting at wasn't necessarily that they didn't know what was in the game but that you didn't initially explain clearly what you meant and took every request for clarification as an opportunity to denounce other players' lack of knowledge rather than an opportunity to explain.

One last off-topic thing I have to ask. Is your 360 usually connected to the internet when you're playing?

If you'd kept it to the point of wear affecting grip then I'd have been able to agree with you from the start, but you did choose to list several separate attributes whose only affect on physics modelling was through tyre wear, so sorry, but I had to take issue with that.

I hear what you are saying. I was just elaborating with you. My bullet point list was just showing what the hard (or pro) mode does in Forza 3 which was my main purpose of the post.

As for the point, I think what people were getting at wasn't necessarily that they didn't know what was in the game but that you didn't initially explain clearly what you meant

It wasn't people, it was just one person. Most of us here already know what I posted and what is meant by 3 difficulty modes. I actually did explain there are multiple modes. There really wasn't a need for me to elaborate on the details, as they supposedly know this already.

and took every request for clarification as an opportunity to denounce other players' lack of knowledge rather than an opportunity to explain.

If you read between the lines, they were not looking for explanation of the 3 difficulty modes or that they are even present in the game. I know what their intent was. If you noticed, they already denounced that Forza didn't have such a mode. To me that means that they either did not play the game or they are stretching the truth. With someone that claims to have so much Forza knowledge, I didn't think it was because he "didn't" know.

Here was the conversation:

Bogie: Don't play on easy mode, play on Pro. No easy grip there, lol.
Poster: First I've heard of this "Pro mode" you're speaking of. Looks like there could be some truth in your statement below.

One last off-topic thing I have to ask. Is your 360 usually connected to the internet when you're playing?

Yes, it's always connected. Either on my account or my sons account. Same goes for my PS3. I have them all hardwired into my media room for internet.

If you read between the lines, they were not looking for explanation of the 3 difficulty modes or that they are even present in the game. I know what their intent was. If you noticed, they already denounced that Forza didn't have such a mode. To me that means that they either did not play the game or they are stretching the truth. With someone that claims to have so much Forza knowledge, I didn't think it was because he "didn't" know.

Here was the conversation:

Bogie: Don't play on easy mode, play on Pro. No easy grip there, lol.
Poster: First I've heard of this "Pro mode" you're speaking of. Looks like there could be some truth in your statement below.

This is what I was getting at earlier. I have spent a great deal of time playing Forza 2 and 3, I adore the game and have no interest in seeing it disparaged or undermined, and yet it still wasn't clear to me either what you were originally getting at. To me there is a clear separation between driving assists or AI difficulty and the way the game represents driving - the only overlap is tyre wear in sim fuel/tyre mode.

It may be, as you think, that the other poster was trolling or trying to put the game down, or it may be that they didn't understand what you were getting at either.

This is what I was getting at earlier. I have spent a great deal of time playing Forza 2 and 3, I adore the game and have no interest in seeing it disparaged or undermined, and yet it still wasn't clear to me either what you were originally getting at. To me there is a clear separation between driving assists or AI difficulty and the way the game represents driving - the only overlap is tyre wear in sim fuel/tyre mode.

It may be, as you think, that the other poster was trolling or trying to put the game down, or it may be that they didn't understand what you were getting at either.

We are on the same page then, sorry if I made it more confusing than it should have been. Anyway, great news that the OP is loving this game.

Latest Posts

Back