Long time GT fan loving Forza 3.

• Thread starter danjama
  • 88 comments
Someone once reduced grip to 75% online during a tag game. It was bloody horrible lol.

Although Forza still has it still has its flaws. For example:
There's no wind blowing in your face in bumper and rear view.
Some cars the have very poor cockpit view.
Engine sounds don't vary when switching views.
Dirt Accumulation.
Weather.
Still lacking in rally races.
Cars have too much grip on the road.
Poor damage mechanics that were taken from Forza 2.

There's no wind blowing in your face in bumper and rear view.
I hope this is a joke.

Some cars the have very poor cockpit view.
Granted.

Engine sounds don't vary when switching views.
Granted, however, there is a depth pitch difference when in interior view, and when in third-person view.

Dirt Accumulation.
Okay, but what does this really matter when there's nowhere to wash your car off? That's something else people would complain about.

Granted.

Still lacking in rally races.
Eh. This doesn't bother me one bit.

Cars have too much grip on the road.
Again with this claim? No, just no. Try swinging any R-class vehicle around a corner and see what happens - if anything, there's too much understeer.

hmm.. That's funny I have been playing FM3 off and on since it came out, pretty much everyday the first 3 months or so and I never noticed if the cars got dirty during a race. They do on forza 2 or at least to an extent as the rubber builds up on the sides of the car over time on the endurance races. Funny how the car is always clean as soon as you exit the race though.

He is giving him a break, he meant you were thinking that, wich i was too, to be honest...

Ok 👍 :)

hmm.. That's funny I have been playing FM3 off and on since it came out, pretty much everyday the first 3 months or so and I never noticed if the cars got dirty during a race. They do on forza 2 or at least to an extent as the rubber builds up on the sides of the car over time on the endurance races. Funny how the car is always clean as soon as you exit the race though.

FM3 does this as well.

AstraTsu4508lastlap.jpg

Forza3-1.jpg

To each their own I guess. I prefer the hoppers.
I guess. I hate the hoppers. The most appealing thing about Forza 2 was being able to create a lobby set up the way you like and have new people join in or being able to search for races that were set the way you like to race and join in. I met lots of cool people on Forza 2, nada on Forza 3.

The worst thing about hoppers is no one has any real control over the lobbies. At one point I thought they were on the right track with RWD lobbies and expert lobbies but they killed most of the RWD stuff as well as most of the oval stuff. They totally removed the exibithion mode which I liked a lot and removed the ability to tune cars in the lobby. In FM 2 my buddies and I would spend hours in exihibition mode lobbies working tunes and racing in unranked events.

I do not have a problem with them adding hoppers but taking away what made Forza great was a huge mistake. Of all the people I raced with on FM2 only a few remain and most of them do not race the hoppers.

👍

If the decision was made by Microsoft and not Turn10 we might never get these lobbies back :nervous:.

It was a M$ decision. I'd put alot of money on a bet that we'll never see custom public lobby's back in Forza. Sad really, so many people have left the game over this and many other silly decisions made by M$ and Turn10 just to appeal to the casual gamer for sales. Now all of the casual gamers have moved on to the next big thing.

Once GT5 is finally released I'll probably never play Forza again.

Well the biggest disappointment for me in forza3 was the graphics.. having seen all these screen shots.. I loaded up the game and it looked very poor in comparison to gt5p

I think it's slightly iffy that they process the still images more when you take a picture than they do in game.

That said . it's a very impressive game there is a great selection of tracks. I think like GT some of the made up tracks are excellent. The career mode is fairly straight forward and was enjoyable. later on I discovered on line mode and if you stick with it, you'll find where the sensible drivers hang out, no ramming need for speed craziness here, just clean racing. On the PC games, I've done several of my own liveries, on forza the use of the controller to paint liveries drives me nuts, but you have to give credit to the folks that do some of those fantastic liveries you see. the amount of work that goes into them is amazing.

It's also interesting that you can spend an evening on the marketplace playing online monopoly or caropoly buying and selling cars for profit to get cash for the car you really want in the game..

All in all it's a great game eco system, the community works well. I think PD wants this for GT.

whilst I found the graphics disappointing, to be honest once I got my Wheel dialled in for the game, it's a blast..big time.. racings racing!

it reminded me that whilst Nintendo many years ago (I do go back a long way!!) didn't have the silky graphics, they new how to build entertaining games. Forza manages that in so many ways. lets hope GT can do the same.. for me you can debate what was better all day long, why one version of forza had a better implementation of one feature / effect than another .. it doesn't matter they are both keepers, and like the original poster I can understand and agree with his thoughts about this game.

just don't get me started about the ultimate edition ....!!! :)

The graphics in Forza 3 are fine. The Xbox 360 apparently though either does not have the capibility of the PS3 or the coders at T10 do not know how to optimize thier code properly as they can only get 8 cars on the track and had to reduce the tire smoke in order to get it to run smooth on the 360 where the PS3 can handle the smoke while showing 16 cars with even higher graphic detail.

The big knocks on Forza 3 from my point of view are.
No ability to create a public lobby. This is a biggie.
No Ability to tune while in an online lobby even the private ones.
Both of the above features were in Forza 2
AWD swaps on cars where it makes no sense.
Poor PI rating system.
Allowing production cars into R classes but not allowing true race setups on these cars in those classes.

I was a big fan of Forza 2 while it had it's own issues the online play was great and I had very high hopes for Forza3 which turned out to be one big dissapointment after another until finaly everyone I knew just gave up on it and quit playing altogether.

In fairness the big bonuses
Livery Editor
It is actually available to play

The graphics in Forza 3 are fine.

They are actually very good, and probably the best on console today. Obviously ready to change when ever GT5 hits.

The Xbox 360 apparently though either does not have the capibility of the PS3 or the coders at T10 do not know how to optimize thier code properly as they can only get 8 cars on the track and had to reduce the tire smoke in order to get it to run smooth on the 360 where the PS3 can handle the smoke while showing 16 cars with even higher graphic detail.

The 360 has many racers that have more than 8 cars as noted in this forum before, including games with 16 cars. Most likely it's Turn 10 and their coding, and all the processing they have in their physics. Since the PS3 and 360 are equal in performance, it's most likely Turn 10, which is unfortunate.

I had very high hopes for Forza3 which turned out to be one big dissapointment after another until finaly everyone I knew just gave up on it and quit playing altogether.

Yet many of us still love to play it, with all our same friends and see more new people also playing. It's a great community. We couldn't go back to FM2 unless of course they ripped FM3 out of our hands :)

As usual, he is in for the troll. 👎 Keep up the good work son.

I was just clarifying that Forza 3's gameplay and visuals were pretty much carried over from Forza 2. You can't breathe without people jumping down your throat in this section. :rolleyes:

The 360 has many racers that have more than 8 cars as noted in this forum before, including games with 16 cars. Most likely it's Turn 10 and their coding, and all the processing they have in their physics. Since the PS3 and 360 are equal in performance, it's most likely Turn 10, which is unfortunate.

That's where you're wrong (yes, this is the "hater" actually defending Turn 10 here). :eek: The 360 doesn't equal the PS3 in performance, as is obvious when you look at recent PS3 exclusives.

Last edited:
Well the biggest disappointment for me in forza3 was the graphics.. having seen all these screen shots.. I loaded up the game and it looked very poor in comparison to gt5p
Well, there's your problem. Almost any racing game is going to look poor in comparison to GT5/:P. But then again, most racing games aren't pushing graphics to be one of their highest strong points.

But then again, most racing games aren't pushing graphics to be one of their highest strong points.

Well yes, this is much of the reason why games like F1 2010 can have 24 cars in race at a time (necessity in a F1 sim) and I respect that, but strange that not many others can get over 10-12 (not pin pointing Forza).

Last edited:
That's where you're wrong (yes, this is the "hater" actually defending Turn 10 here). :eek: The 360 doesn't equal the PS3 in performance, as is obvious when you look at recent PS3 exclusives.
Even though I don't agree with your opinion, I respect it.

they both have there ups and downs i would rather try both games then only gt5

im going out tomorrow to get a 360 and forza since gt5 latest delay, im not sure my ps3 will even be alive when gt does come out its starting to sound a bit off beat lately pausing very often and the fans get so loud but i bet sony charges $300 to swap the fan

Mig
they both have there ups and downs i would rather try both games then only gt5

im going out tomorrow to get a 360 and forza since gt5 latest delay, im not sure my ps3 will even be alive when gt does come out its starting to sound a bit off beat lately pausing very often and the fans get so loud but i bet sony charges $300 to swap the fan

Hello, Mig, and welcome to GTPlanet. Please take the few extra seconds to use proper punctuation and capitalization. It really goes a long way towards keeping our forums readable. Thanks.

Back