Looking at budget sports bikes.

For $3500 you should be able to find a newer CBR600RR. Me personally, I would wait until the riding season is over then start looking. It's always the best time to buy.

^But he doesn't need anything for offroad, and a 250 really is slow.

I have a slightly modified 230f, it's faster in a straight line than our neighbors KLX250.

And the 230 is still dead slow. Pin it and barely anything happens.
It's good for the trails though.

I wish (and don't wish at the same time) I had the balls to do that on my 750 :lol:

You're in the States, you can throw a rock and hit the backyard of some big track where you can wind it out safely. :lol:

^But he doesn't need anything for offroad, and a 250 really is slow.

I have a slightly modified 230f, it's faster in a straight line than our neighbors KLX250.

And the 230 is still dead slow. Pin it and barely anything happens.
It's good for the trails though.

You're in the States, you can throw a rock and hit the backyard of some big track where you can wind it out safely. :lol:

Do you know what dual purpose is? If the 250 isn't enough, which I was just joking about to begin with, then get a Kawasaki KLR 650. Perfect balance of sport, speed, power, and off road capability. Now that's a "go anywhere" motorcycle. And for cheap.

I feel like a professional when I get to make a pass on it while on the clock :lol:

Perks of being employed by a drag strip!

110mph is too slow?

Actually, yes, yes it is.

Doesn't matter than that the 650 can barely do 100mph stock, and that's with a tailwind.

If you're cruising at 80mph then it's going to get really buzzy on a big single like the KLR.

Add to the fact that if he wants to go to a track, he's not going to be able to have as much fun with a dirtbike as he would with a sportbike. (CR500 and KTM/Aprillia Supermotos aside.)

He's clearly looking to buy a SPORT bike.

It's like he's looking to buy a n S2000/RX-7, and you're telling him to buy a Blazer.

Hmmm. You'd be stupid to buy a bike that goes more than that and get yourself killed!

You can get yourself killed going 10mph.

Don't even start trying to tell us about the dangers of bikes.

Actually, yes, yes it is.

Doesn't matter than that the 650 can barely do 100mph stock, and that's with a tailwind.

If you're cruising at 80mph then it's going to get really buzzy on a big single like the KLR.

Add to the fact that if he wants to go to a track, he's not going to be able to have as much fun with a dirtbike as he would with a sportbike. (CR500 and KTM/Aprillia Supermotos aside.)

He's clearly looking to buy a SPORT bike.

It's like he's looking to buy a n S2000/RX-7, and you're telling him to buy a Blazer.

You can get yourself killed going 10mph.

Don't even start trying to tell us about the dangers of bikes.

*Inserts troll face*

You think I'm being serious? LOL

I wouldn't buy that crap anymore. I guess sarcasm is hard to detect in words though.

Also a good friend of mine almost died while getting t-boned by a tractor trailer in an intersection while on his Ducati Hypermotard. He was at no fault but I don't want to get into the details. Not only him, but my uncle also almost died on his bike... Anyway I know the dangers you speak of. I also am a motorcycle enthusiast. They need a TTplanet lol.

Last edited:
Still far too slow, and the wrong type of bike that he's looking for.

:drool:

What's your best run?

I've only made one on the 750 at about 1am, with no gauge cluster and a stock exhaust I can't hear after like 40mph. Put those 2 things together and I was just going strictly off feel. The funny part was, my "feel" was the exact same time as I ran on the GS500 :lol: 15.3. Except I trapped at 92mph instead of 80mph. I'm going back tonight I think. I'll be happy with a 13, ecstatic with a 12, and I'll think I actually know what I'm doing with an 11!

:lol:

The bike should be good for a low 11, maybe a high 10 if you don't weight very much and get a killer 60 foot.

On my 600, I usually hold it at around 10-12 grand at the start.
(2/3 of the redline.)
You might be at around 8..

Hold the rpm at a fixed point, no quick blipping, then when the lights go out, try to release the clutch as quick as possible without the front end going in the air.

The trick is that you want to also be rolling on the gas to maintain rpm.

I find that my rpm stays about the same until I full release the clutch, it's all just clutch and throttle control.

Like here, first 20 seconds.

I got the idea down pat, just not the skills behind it! I've only made 5 passes on 2 wheels, and the other 4 were a bike I could practically drop the clutch at 8k and it'd hook without pulling up the front lol

Back