Looking at budget sports bikes.

He doesn't give a asking price and besides the front fender it looks decent...check it out.

Hell yeah that's a steal in my opinion. Go check it out ASAP. Make sure it rides ok, that nothing is really wrong etc. Go get it man!

20 thousand miles isn't really a lot for a bike of that age.

It looks super clean too.

The only thing I don't like is how the person describes it as "a great beginner bike".
So they probably don't know a whole lot about motorcycles, but like I said, vit looks very clean.

Those miles aren't really that high. In fact for a bike I'd say those are pretty low. Shouldn't pose a threat.

Not anything that I know of but I don't know a lot about them. Do some research on Google before you buy it.

I know they face some issues with the stator and rectifier. I used to work with a guy that had an 06 that they acted up on. I haven't heard much else.

Make sure everything is ok like I said when you go and check it out. Would love to see you get it. Makes me wish I could get the ATC I want to restore...

Beginner bike. O_O

20K might actually low enough on a 10 year old bike to wonder about things like oil changes, brake fluid flushes, valve checks, things like that. Has proper maintenance been done, or ignored because it's not used much?

REALLY low miles on that one, it has barely been ridden.

I'd go with the one that has the closest dealer to you.
A lot easier to get brake pads and stuff when you're 5km from it versus having to go all the way across town, or out of county.

We've got a pretty good local dealer that sells everything. I took my ninja there before. It looks like that honda might have been downed one though because of the fairing change and its 700 more.

What's this about a fairing change?

And the price might be more just because of the mileage.

Last edited:
Ah, well as long as there isn't any frame damage then it's fine.

Either one looks like a great bike, I'd test ride them both to see which one you like best.

(I don't like the way the front air vents on the Honda look, doesn't flow with the fairing at all.)

Off-Topic, this would be awesome in an ofroad kart.

A bike being down means nothing. Rash on the plastic has no effect on how it rides.

A bike tumbling off into the woods is a different story. Then things get bent.

My bike's been down twice while underway, and dropped in the driveway or a parking lot 4 or 5 times. Has nothing to do with how I feel on it!

Depending on your experience level, if you are just starting I'd say get the f4i. It'll be more forgiving than the gix.

I prefer gixxers, its cheaper, and the mileage is no concern at only 20k. So that'd be my vote lol

Back