Looking For Motorsport Documentaries

• Thread starter Earth
  • 92 comments
I actually just used that film as a reference for a paper I wrote in my English class. It is a really interesting movie, albeit slightly disturbing.

Truth in 24 II? Yes! The first one was amazing, now I'm really excited! Any word on a release date for it?

Last edited:
Williamson and Purley.. I have a book called "Formula 1 The Autobiography" and there's a picture of the accident and it so disturbing... the drivers hand or at least his glove is just shown poking out throught wreckage.... sickening..

On SPEED. 5 days from now, or so I just read from a guy called Erik Arneson that says of himself "VP of Media Relations for SPEED".

He tweeted this:

Erik Arneson ‏ @SPEEDPR1
CORRECTION: @SPEED will premiere Audi's Truth in 24 II on May 5 at 4 p.m. ET #24HoursofLeMans

So Truth in 24 II debuts today on Speed, but it's listed as only being about 45 minutes long. Can anyone else confirm this? As I recall, the last Truth in 24 was about an hour and a half.

Sam48
So Truth in 24 II debuts today on Speed, but it's listed as only being about 45 minutes long. Can anyone else confirm this? As I recall, the last Truth in 24 was about an hour and a half.

Because it's not about NASCAR? I kid NASCAR fans..

Sam48

I'm just waiting to download it form itunes.

Wow, the team that made the BMW movie went at it again, this time they made a short documentary (20 minutes) called "So Close"

And it is a-ma-zing. Just watch the first minute, you will understand (and want to see the rest).

Oh and they published it on Youtube TODAY in glorious 1080p. I've downloaded it and will watch in my Hi-Def TV tonight.

Here. Give it 1 minute of your time to make your jaw drop and then you decide if you want to keep watching:

PS - Here a small review from down under: http://www.ausmotive.com/2012/06/27/video-24-hours-so-close.html

Nice video about Rebellion's impressive achievement at the 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans. Clearly the author, taking an artistic route to show this, felt just how EPIC Le Mans is.

EDIT - just 2 notes: One, the build up to race start is very well done. Two, the Audi flashing-from-behind footage, something we get twice during the video. I guess we're being reminded of the fact that Rebellion, playing it wisely, actually managed to "mingle" with the Audi armada, to take advantage from their brainfades, and in the end kept one Audi behind.

Last edited:
Back