looking for movies like jarhead and full metal jacket

  • Thread starter Thread starter Christhedude
  • 18 comments
  • 9,421 views
Messages
2,344
United Kingdom
Bristol UK
Messages
GTP_Chris
hey guys,

i'm looking for army movies like jarhead and full metal jacket.
you guys got something?

chris
 
i forget the name of it.. the one with martin sheen? and there was one with charlie sheen too.
 
May I strongly recommend the following

Apocalypse Now


Three Kings



Tigerland


All three are excellently made films in the vein you are looking for (Three Kings in particular being very underrated).

Also worth a look is...

Cross of Iron

...set in WWII it give quite a different view.

And if you are after something a little bit left field last night I watched...

R-Point

...a horror movie set in Vietnam with a Korean cast (who provided a huge number of troops to asisst the US), quite a good film.

Regards

Scaff
 
no platoon scaff?

Opps forgot that one, but I do have to confess that I don't personally rate it as highly as the others I have mentioned.

👍

Scaff
 
We Were Soldiers

The Deer Hunter

Casualties of War

Born of the Fourth of July
 
alright thanks guys,

i got myself now three kings and i'm looking for the others aswell!

thanks, was a great help!:)
 
Where Eagles Dare & The Eagle Has Landed are great WWII films - if you don't mind your war films slightly more vintage/classic.
 
thanks cracker, i'm actually looking more for like vietnam war middle east movies... :)
 
platoon and apocolypse now are my picks for veitnam movies. i thought platoon was great but i guess not everyone does :)
i like the deer hunter too, watched it again yesterday, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of stuff in between the scenes i liked.
 
I love the Thin Red Line(have it on DVD), but still haven't seen Hamburger Hill. Gotta check that one out.
 
Apocalypse now and Three Kings are two of my favourite movies ever........love them 👍 great picks Scaff

viper
 
The Longest Day

Saving Private Ryan

Blackhawk Down

Not quite as 'negative' as some of the other films, but good war flicks overall. 'Saving' is one of my favorite films of any genre.

Lots of people like 'The Thin Red Line', but I rank it as one of the dullest, most self indulgent films I've ever seen. It was also one of the few films I've ever walked out on.


M
 
I've heard that about the Thin Red Line before. It was slow, and often "out there". I enjoyed it for the quality of cinematography, cast(and boy, was it loaded), and location. Beautiful setting.
 
Back