Looking for new racersOpen 

• Thread starter tarkus1
  • 265 comments
Had a good time last night...

Still trying to figure out how I won on the final turn at Trial mountain Deep Forest, but needless to say 4 hours of clean, fun racing as always. Stony had a good night with his Lotus!

@kiosk thanks for the action shots next time can you tell me what race you are gonna take pictures from! My Civic is butt ugly with the 3-stars...first time racing it.:lol:

I have a reputation to worry about! Messing with you.

@tarkus1 well done, I need a mic...

Last edited:
^ You won because your onboard GPS system had malfunctioned and you were actually racing at Deep Forest.
Also first and second place racers.......thought they heard a tree fall.

^ You won because your onboard GPS system had malfunctioned and you were actually racing at Deep Forest.
Also first and second place racers.......thought they heard a tree fall.
Too funny! I fixed it what a dummy...see why I couldnt figure out how I won!

I actually enjoyed watching the battle for the last 3 laps. Wasnt even paying attention...

First I apologize for the shoddy quality, I do not have a capture card, so I used youtube capture app on my iphone, it's not the best quality ( a tad shaky at certain intervals as my kids are all jostling to see what's up ) with that said here's the recap ( sorry stoney, you ran away from most of the shots )

First I apologize for the shoddy quality, I do not have a capture card, so I used youtube capture app on my iphone, it's not the best quality ( a tad shaky at certain intervals as my kids are all jostling to see what's up ) with that said here's the recap ( sorry stoney, you ran away from most of the shots )

Wish that was one of our better races. I realized my Civic is the most boring car in the game unfortunately. To me at least...thanks for posting.

The EK was actually the hardest car to drive at that track, lots of weight shifting required, and the stock setup for it is more of a track setup with stiffer suspension than what i'd take to a street race, no dive-in and no give, I'm probably gonna move up to sports hard instead of comfort soft for my car, too much smoke in a tight course like London.

Thanks for going easy on the new guy.

It was fun, not really in my comfort zone with tire choices but I gave it my best shot.

12829341545_8a33d41b61_o.jpg

12829342685_460218013b_o.jpg

12829344885_bb1c18e9dc_o.jpg

12829406683_fcb40cbcbd_o.jpg

12829339165_0bfbf2714c_o.jpg

12829747954_9376775183_o.jpg

12829385533_a02e1916c9_o.jpg

12829384423_ec49c5bf55_o.jpg

12829748944_f7bf218cea_o.jpg

See yah next Thursday.:D

Great pics and thanks for sharing. That's really cool you went out of your way to share these along with the video.

Wish that was one of our better races. I realized my Civic is the most boring car in the game unfortunately. To me at least...thanks for posting.
I think that Civic still beat me though. Of course I was using square tires.....but don't ask how I got them.

Just wanted to mention to anyone that has any interest in jumping in on Thursday evenings, we do still have room for more. Of course it would be great to have the same group of 16 racing each week but we still welcome racers that can only make it once in a while. There's no commitment required. Basically just casual, clean racing with some decent people. So if you have any interest at all, feel free to send me an FR and see you on the track.

I think that Civic still beat me though. Of course I was using square tires.....but don't ask how I got them.
@tarkus1 yeah but you had some victories too. You always sneak your way on the podium somehow :P

@kiosk yeah I know what you mean about the EK...Hope to see you Thursday, I will run same tires with ya!

The GT300 suggestion might be tricky, GT300 cars are much more regulated than their GT500 counterparts, and much more closely resemble road-going versions. (some of the "touring cars" derived from GT5 are a good example of some of the privateer entries for this class ) Chassis clips and realignments are not allowed (except the latter in the case of front-wheel drive cars), which results in a much more affordable racing experience for privateers ( It's mostly FIA GT3 and JAF-GT cars with 300 BHP and below ). having stated that - lemme know if you still plan on this as my ingame credits are somewhat limited so I need a bit of time to cobble something together before next thursday. oh and that EK fits in this category as I saw one ran by 5zigen ( GOzigen ) under both GT300 and the N1/N2 class

@tarkus1 What car are we using for the GT300 challenge? Are we running it as is or is tuning a possiblity? Are we under a PP restriction? Let me know. Stock

Hi guys,
I think the plan is to run this coming week as a trial period and also to have an open forum during the races to see what everyone thinks for the real race. So the restrictions would be whatever we all decide this Thursday. The last thing I want to do is start making rules and imposing restrictions on the group when I may be the only one who actually likes or benefits from them. If you prefer stock vs modified or a particular PP limit, please be sure to bring it up.
@tarkus1 yeah but you had some victories too. You always sneak your way on the podium somehow :P

well since I'm the host I sometimes like to boot out the people in front of me towards the end of the race. It sure makes it much easier to grab a spot on the podium that way. I hope you guys don't mind LOL!!!

@kiosk yeah I know what you mean about the EK...Hope to see you Thursday, I will run same tires with ya!

I'd like to join in on some clean racing. I'm new to online so this should be a good intro for me. Don't have a headset though.

I'd like to join in on some clean racing. I'm new to online so this should be a good intro for me. Don't have a headset though.
Not a problem. Send me an FR and welcome to the group. A headset helps but certainly not required.

Yeah, lets pick several tracks.
Run each one at say three laps and then narrow them down.
As far as stock vs modified. I suggest stock with the normal oil change.

Ok, enough finger/typing talking.

Last edited:
@tarkus1 he likes to get in your head as soon as the last lap starts thats why it helps to have a headset! 👍 messing with you.

Couple new racers this week?

hi everyone well i just started posting videos on youtube this one is on nurburgring 24hr. the video is a Ferrary 458 italia '09 tuned doing a 8:01 lap time limited at 550pp with no aids but ABS no nitro real grip real slipstream penalty weak no boost no damage,

^ Nice work.
If you want, post it with the other great videos in the GT 6 Video section.
In this thread it could get lost or easily over looked.

Now if you would like to be our Thrusday night races' film director, come join us.
Get with the thread's OP.

Don't let your talent go unnoticed.

LATER

Last edited:
@tarkus1 he likes to get in your head as soon as the last lap starts thats why it helps to have a headset! 👍 messing with you.
Awl mannnn, now I'm gonna get a bad reputation LOL

Couple new racers this week?
Hopefully. Looks like we're still growing and we still have room for more. I hope JT comes back after his PS3 bit the dust last week.

hi everyone well i just started posting videos on youtube this one is on nurburgring 24hr. the video is a Ferrary 458 italia '09 tuned doing a 8:01 lap time limited at 550pp with no aids but ABS no nitro real grip real slipstream penalty weak no boost no damage,

I don't understand why this is posted in this thread. What does this have to do with looking for new racers?

Ill send an fr, my connection seems to be hit or miss before 9-10 pm tho
Great. We look forward to having new drivers join the races. I think we've got a great group of people so hopefully you'll think the same and stick around. See ya on the track.

Another excellent night of racing.
Traveled around the world.
Put on a great show for the virtual fans in the stands.
Fertilized some grass.
Landscaped some grass and totalled an expense Shelby GT 500.

Sorry Carroll. Next time I'm going to use bubble wrap and insist on soft walls.

Another excellent night of racing.
Traveled around the world.
Put on a great show for the virtual fans in the stands.
Fertilized some grass.
Landscaped some grass and totalled an expense Shelby GT 500.

Sorry Carroll. Next time I'm going to use bubble wrap and insist on soft walls.

Last night was a good time!

Tjger nice racing last night...

The Shelby race on the Mountain was quite interesting, I dont think the dealership is gonna let me test drive another one. I did notice the fine landscape work, I am re-sodding currently all the damage.

I had my CTR2 out for the first time in a race I was afraid I was gonna spin out, wreck everyone, and never finish. But it ran much better than I thought and safe! Close 3rd place couldnt catch Tark and JJ, who was in the RGT.

Gotta get my NASCAR skills up I guess I dont know the "rules" of drafting and what not. Is there different "etiquette" in terms of helping someone draft? I really know nothing about it.

^ First question. The young racer in the RGT was JJG 12345 which I believe stands for the A/C settings in Canada this time of year. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

No there's isn't an "etiquette" in NASCAR but it can help racers catch the front runners.

^ First question. The young racer in the RGT was JJG 12345 which I believe stands for the A/C settings in Canada this time of year. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

A/c is definitely stuck on full blast this year! half my driveway is covered in a 3 foot snow bank lol.

Last night was a good time!
I had my CTR2 out for the first time in a race I was afraid I was gonna spin out, wreck everyone, and never finish. But it ran much better than I thought and safe! Close 3rd place couldnt catch Tark and JJ, who was in the RGT.

Those RUF's are sweet if you can take advantage of the oversteer and/ or some tuning, really quick on tight tracks.

Oh, and great racing with you guys, I'll be sure to drop in.

Last edited:
Back