Looking for some Jazz....Music 

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 71 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg
Tayeedz1
Hi all in ze Music section...

I've recently brought back a liking to fast paced jazz, but not any kind of fast paced jazz, this kind of Jazz, from some video games I've played:

and chilled vibes like this

Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance :)

Acid Jazz may be what you're looking for.

Wikipedia
Acid jazz, also known as club jazz, is a musical genre that combines elements of jazz, soul, funk, disco and hip hop.
I like jazz myself, but I haven't actually went out exploring ever. I went youtubing the search term and it sounds about right.

If you're looking for more electronica like the examples you posted, it's popular in Japan. Ridge Racer is the only name that comes to mind. You may also fancy dance tracks that take on a jazzier touch. Don't got any names on that either.

What @AOS- said, and also take a look at some fussion jazz, you might enjoy the samples, altough some of it can be pretty weird. As for chilled bives of that kind, take a look at the work of Mark Farina, Saint Germain, and Jazztronic.

Jazzmatazz Vo1 to 4 for some good hip hop Jazz. Also try DJ Krush from Japan for some nice experimental Jazz Fusion Hip Hop.

If you like Jazz with a Bass Guitar you can try Jaco Pastorious.

You could try the old classic Jazz like Coltrain and Miles Davis.

If you'd like something a little out thier and verging on Prog-rock Jazz fusion try Emerson Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery.

Jazzmatazz Vo1 to 4 for some good hip hop Jazz. Also try DJ Krush from Japan for some nice experimental Jazz Fusion Hip Hop.

If you like Jazz with a Bass Guitar you can try Jaco Pastorious.

You could try the old classic Jazz like Coltrain and Miles Davis.

If you'd like something a little out thier and verging on Prog-rock Jazz fusion try Emerson Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery.

Thanks Chap, will check 'em out :)

No problem, I quite like Jazz myself so already have wheat I've recomended.

Acid Jazz may be what you're looking for.
Not unless acid jazz has made some leaps and bounds from what I remember it to be:

@TayeezSA, are you interested in smooth jazz as well?

Not unless acid jazz has made some leaps and bounds from what I remember it to be:

My mistake if anything. I'm not really familiar with the Jazz genre, let alone any sub-genres. I made a shallow search and guessed at it.

All the jazz here is just.... Danger to the manifold man.

I still have my RRT4 disc , best game ost to date I rate :D

I'm really feeling Jazztronik's styles though. I like the Jazz and Breakbeat stuff very much along with the very chilled jazz.

All those tracks in the OP sound like that because they're literally just some guy in a small room with a Roland keyboard. One keyboard to produce the entire song.

So much artists I love in this topic ! But it still lacks some good Soil & 'Pimp' Sessions :

A compilation I would recommend is Tokyo : Nu School of Jazz.

And, I don't know if this really fits, but wanted to share anyway : Pogo's mixes are killer stuff you might like !

One of my mates sent me this and I instantly fell in love. I love the pace and just the upbeat style

Last edited:
I've currently been listening to a lot of Oscar Peterson recently. Such a great Pianist.

The world needs more hard bop and "fast-paced jazz". This is real ****ing music.

Y'know that guy that played sax for Yoko Kanno as part of The Seatbelts? Of course you don't. But now you do:

Masato Honda is sax god.

Y'know that guy that played sax for Yoko Kanno as part of The Seatbelts? Of course you don't. But now you do:

Masato Honda is sax god.

edit: omg 3:49 :drool:

Me wonders what kind of style of playing this is called? Perhaps it has a sub genre someone can identify?

It reminds me of this one:

So much fun to listen to and I cannot resist playing air-sax to this.

It's all Jazz Fusion. But that is a big ocean. It's like smooth jazz rock. Jazz funk. Acid Jazz. You gotta just find what you like.

I'll check out your songs in a bit.

For now, I can't stop playing this:

EDIT: You guys have got that taste though :P

Last edited:
Back