Looking for some Jazz....Music 

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 71 comments

Recently came across this video. Really puts the ridiculous ability of Coltrane and other bebop musicians into perspective.

Awesome. Look at this one from one of Zane Musa's performances.

Every time I go to Fort Lauderdale airport I say a prayer lol. Listen to this genius:

Loving all the links shared in this thread. I love trying out new kinds of jazz, and recently came across avant-garde jazz.

WARNING: Do not listen to this in your car while driving. :lol:

This song below is surprisingly from an album called Meditations..

Man, never heard that second Kenichiro Nishihara's track, killer stuff ! Also can never get enough Karamel Kel :)

Now I have the urge to share some stuff :

I once majored in music, focusing on jazz and played tenor sax. So it's always stuck with me. Anyway, here's some recent stuff that may be of interest.

Tigran Hamasyan. Draws on a lot of influences to create music like this:

This is far more traditional, but I say the Brad Mehldau Trio last month (not this concert, but they played this piece), which was astounding:

And here's some from tenor saxophonist and righteously cool dude, Joe Lovano:

Quick way to get loads of good jazz:

Step one is to look up a Gran Turismo OST

Two is to just download it

Three is to play it

Profit?

I'll share something quick. I recently bought the "lost" Bill Evans recording. Some Other Time, and it's fantastic. I also picked up Brad Mehldau's four-CD solo piano compilation. I haven't gotten to listen to all of it yet, but I'm really liking it so far. But if you have any interest in the traditional jazz trio definitely check out the Evan.

And I took a photo just because.
JJ7BBLX.jpg

Back