Looking to buy a Corvette, which one?

United States
Chesterfield, MI
C5 Z06
C6 Z06
C6 ZR1

I have plenty of money do to all available mods if necessary, just looking for which one will be the quickest out of the three after tuning.

i would guess that your tuning has a lot to do with the handling with high and low speed turning...i have a zr1 and find that 6xx hp is plenty, too much and the rear end likes to get out like no other.

Since you're looking for the quickest you should get the C6 ZR1, way faster than the others. And after all that tuning, it's still drivable.

Last edited:
There are some very good setup guides in the tuning thread. So, no matter which one you decide on, you can get quick times out of it.

I prefer the Z06 street car (not RM'd) to the ZR1 and on some tracks I can get better times with it.

But, I own all of them and have RM'd versions of the Z06 and ZR1.

You buy ALL of the vette's is what you do...every model of every year. That's what I did. :)

'09 ZR1 race modified is the best.
I saw a ZR1 at this past winter's car show. Jetstream Blue was the color name (what a color name). Maaaaan, beauuutiful!

All three.

They're all good cars, and it's not like there is any reason to not buy cars in this game.

Yep, expecially if we are talking about premium models. Buy them all twice, a tuned version and a stock one. Same thing with all the other premium supercars. After 300 standard cars in my garage I get bored to spend my money on standards. Premium is better.

Lets see..

C6 ZR1: Excellent car, I'm biased though, as its my favourite car both in game and in real life, its a blast to drive though(on sports tires, racing tires take away all the fun of the ZR1).

C6 Z06: Another excellent car, at 85,000(?) its a bargin compared to the ZR1, so with the right tune it should be able to match the ZR1, if not beat it. Another one of my favourites

C5 Z06: Not as good as the the two C6's, but still good, with the right tune, it should hold its own in the 500PP and up races.

The C3 convertible is an honorable mention, its an excellent car to drive and the interior view is awesome, its also pretty useful for classic races and can beat all the other classic muscle cars, and hold its own against the Cobra and AC 427. Don't bypass the C2 Z06 Racecar either, its standard(if that matters to you) but its a blast to drive, I've been looking for one since I got the game and it finally popped up today, its quick as hell and its a challenging, but fun and rewarding car to drive.

ZR1 RM is really fun to drive, if you have a good tune for it too, it's exceptionally well handling (as long you're disciplined with the throttle).

What's weird about the ZR1 though, is that after you RM it, the speedo is in KM, not miles.

Found it strange since it is a car built in America, and assume that PD would stick to MPH for it.

How bout... BUY EM ALL!!!

Why settle for just one corvette when you can grab em all? XD At best, have a favorite corvette. ^^

You buy ALL of the vette's is what you do...every model of every year. That's what I did. :)

'09 ZR1 race modified is the best.
I saw a ZR1 at this past winter's car show. Jetstream Blue was the color name (what a color name). Maaaaan, beauuutiful!

👍👍👍👍👍

One can never go wrong with a vette. ^^* (Too bad Jeremy Clarkson is unable to realize this most objective of facts. :sly: )

my ZO6 fully equipped and broken in is 100x faster then my ZR1, not off the line, but come 5th to 6th gear im blowin by, havent lost to a viper acr yet either

I ended up buying a Z06 too. Not sure why yet, but the Z06 is more fun to drive than the ZR1. I think it's because it feels more like a muscle car instead of a super car.

ZR1 is an awsome drive, but as soon as the Racing Exhaust is in the picture, it sounds HORRIBLE. Z06 is just as good around the turns with a little less HP and IMO better in the high speeds, due to its bigger motor

the C6 Z06 is a very good car.
good grip,sound,looks.
but if you really want to play the complete lunatic you have to buy the ZR1.
so... buy bote of them:idea:

(ps. always be carrefull with the zr1... it might try to kill you if you don't pay attention:scared:)

Back