• Thread starter et_
  • 306 comments

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
Seasonal TT 1.jpg

*thanks to GRANKUSTOM for the picture.:)

Rankings Registration:
31/07/2014 – 14/08/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 31/07/2014 – 28/08/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC

Eligible Cars:
Lotus 97T '85

Entry Requirements:
PP: 898 or less
Tyres: Racing Hard or less.
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted.

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.300,000
Silver: Cr.150,000
Bronze: Cr.100,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT FLUORESCENCE 003-W paint chip.

Target Time:
Gold: 1:56.000
Silver: 1:59.000
Bronze: 2:12.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
Track Length: 7,004 m
Time of day: 09:00
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Lotus 97T '85 - praiano63

Lotus 97T '85 - Weider

Lotus 97T '85
- Motor City Hami

Lotus 97T '85 - jontikis

Lotus 97T '85 - et_ (modified Weider tune)

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Our devoted GTP member JogoAsobi has gone MIA. I set up these threads in his honor!

Last edited:
I have a feeling the downforce settings & possibly transmission gearbox settings are going to make a difference in this event. I haven't tried this event yet, but if anyone does get Gold, would you mind sharng your downforce and tranny settings (if they're not default values, of course)?

Thanks!

It was easy with G27 :D Took some time to get used to the power level which was over 9000!!!, but once I got over that.. Oh yeah, is it just me or is the turbo lag in the Lotus far worse than what it used to be? If so, they finally got it right. :D

It was easy with G27 :D Took some time to get used to the power level which was over 9000!!!, but once I got over that.. Oh yeah, is it just me or is the turbo lag in the Lotus far worse than what it used to be? If so, they finally got it right. :D
It's pretty f'kin bad, but it was just as bad before too so...:P

I gave it a few tries. I've only managed a 1:57.380 for silver so far. :(

EDIT: Will try again in the morning...

hmmm... did you get silver at brands? if so, how long did it take?
On brands I got gold barely gold time was 1:07.169 I got 1:07.065. I find this one easier even with tc off but losing alot time cause tires spinning. I turned on driving line and now got silver 1:58.828 still not satisfied though will try again.

Certainly not gonna waste 3 million on a junk car, only to get a 1.1 million reward. And I dont have the car from completing the Senna events because they too were a waste of time

This was easy for me, needed 4 laps to do it, i think it was a 1.52.8 with DS3 ofcourse, no aids.
Just watch at eau rouge. If you wanna go flat trough it dont touch the kerbs or they will force you offtrack and youll have to do it again...
My top speed was close to 350km/h on the longest straight

Last edited:
That was pretty tense and I had to restart a few times because of screw ups, but my first clean lap was a very narrow gold. (With a DS3 no less)

It's certainly tough, but far from impossible.

Well, like @mikeymc92 , i really don't like the fact i did not manage to get the car at the senna event.
3.000.000 car to win 1.100.000 ( the whole shabang Bronze+silver+gold x 200%)
and a green fluorescence paintchip? whoohoo, fluor green.
It's the same story with that Plymout XNR, i did not win it at goodwood and then there was that season event.
I don't know, these events, are the reason that i sometimes want to use the game as a frisby.
They really P me off.
I'm never gonna get gold on that one, in my dreams..

Just did it in another acount, wow i got bronze, go figure.
I'm still not at that point that some pro's are.
This is a cow's waste.
But then again, best way to separate the good from the bad.

Last edited:
I knew I was going to hate this event because I always hate driving this car. It doesn't matter if it spa, Nurburgring, or brand hatch, It's handling is frustraring.

This was easy for me, needed 4 laps to do it, i think it was a 1.52.8 with DS3 ofcourse, no aids.
Just watch at eau rouge. If you wanna go flat trough it dont touch the kerbs or they will force you offtrack and youll have to do it again...
My top speed was close to 350km/h on the longest straight
do you setting with ds3? thanks

Certainly not gonna waste 3 million on a junk car, only to get a 1.1 million reward. And I dont have the car from completing the Senna events because they too were a waste of time
Wash your mouth out and show some respect for one of the great drivers, competitors (and human beings) in the F1 world

You will drive the events or else..!

Didnt think it was that bad on the DS3.

I added 50 Downforce front and rear and changed top speed in Trans to 242 mph.

Beat it on my seventh lap.

No respect if you do this event with paddle shifters.

H pattern and clutch all the way.

Wow! You must be SUCH a good driver...

Really makes me wish I didn't have to sell my 97T due to low funds. :(

Since you can basically make 1m credits in 15 minutes at Trial Mt. in the Red Bull, why on Earth would you go & sell this beauty for funds? :crazy:

Last edited:
Surprisingly quick to gold with DS3. I was expecting more difficulties having the frustration of Brand's Hatch Senna event in fresh mind.

Did it eventually at about 10th lap final time being 1:55.174 for a 415th at the moment. Car being stock.

Key to my gold was to find the corners that didn't require braking, there were quite a few high speed corners that could be delt with a small lift off of the accelerator. The s-corner in the beginning and the one that opens up to the final straight made the most difference in time for me.

Last edited:
Hahahaha I am 8 seconds behind TRL_beau, but still rank #110!
Gold is not too difficult, but keeping up with the Pros is gonna be a heck of a challenge

PS: Any tuning advice? Im seriously rubbish @ tuning...

I use a DS3 and the settings i used were Controller sensitivity set at 4, ABS set at 1, driving line on. ASM set at 0, Traction control set at 0, Active steering off and had the speed at 217 MPH in the transmission. My time i got was 1:55.543

No respect if you do this event with paddle shifters.

H pattern and clutch all the way.

Don't forget ABS 0 ;)

May give this a go with the above settings when I actually complete the Senna challenges :lol:. The improvement in the physics of GT5 to GT6 is awesome when you start turning all of the driving aids off.

I used Praiano's setup and did 1:45,622 using the DS3. Praiano, you are the god of tuning!!!
All driving aids off (ABS: 1) and aerodynamics to 1500/2020.
1st in Greece & 5th overall.
I'm very happy that stamatis1999 is exactly one position behind me. We are friends since GT5 :)

EDIT: 1:44,930!!! ;)
If you don't want to use the power limiter at all, add 16 kg of ballast in +10 position. It will increase your top speed & will make the car more stable.
1st in Greece & 9th overall.
Can someone look if there are other DS3 users at the first places?

EDIT 2: 1:44,159!!! :eek: 6th overall
stamatis1999 gave me a suspension setup that helps you avoid front tyre spinning.

Ride Height: 58/60
Spring Rate: 19,65/22,20
Dampers (Compression): 3/6
-//- (Extension): 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber: 0,0/0,0
Toe: -0,65/0,00
I changed the aerodynamics a bit. If you have changed the rear wing, use 1500/2000
If not, use 1500/1980
Good luck 👍

Last edited:
Back