Lotus 97T Super Lap - Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter et_
  • 306 comments
Well, I just returned from vacation and was worried I wouldn't have time to get gold before it closed. First lap silver, second lap gold (after spinning sideways in the final straight). 1:48 should be easy for me if I have time to come back to it.

Tsukuba was silly. One lap for a 1:04.

@Stotty : First off, I believe you mean 1'45.292;) Second, I'm using Weider's tune, but I had to make some changes to get down to the low 44's, but I feel there is still improvements to do. Since you're probably the one with most understanding of GT6 tuning, I'd like to know if you did any changes to the setup?

et_
@Stotty : First off, I believe you mean 1'45.292;) Second, I'm using Weider's tune, but I had to make some changes to get down to the low 44's, but I feel there is still improvements to do. Since you're probably the one with most understanding of GT6 tuning, I'd like to know if you did any changes to the setup?

Might have been a 45 :lol:

Didn't make any changes - really don't enjoy the car (though Spa is an awesome track). If I was going to change anything I'd start by dropping the rear ride height to see if I could get more entry rotation (the car understeers fairly badly). If that did't work, I'd gradually move the ballast towards the rear.

Might have been a 45 :lol:

Didn't make any changes - really don't enjoy the car (though Spa is an awesome track). If I was going to change anything I'd start by dropping the rear ride height to see if I could get more entry rotation (the car understeers fairly badly). If that did't work, I'd gradually move the ballast towards the rear.
Ok, thanks, right now I've put the ballast at +3, any more and I have to lower the power too much, I'm thinking of runnig stock oil and no ballast to see if that helps, also, I'm runnig with 0,00 front toe, and -0.35 rear toe, and no abs, to help with rotation. does that sound odd to you?:lol:

et_
Ok, thanks, right now I've put the ballast at +3, any more and I have to lower the power too much, I'm thinking of runnig stock oil and no ballast to see if that helps, also, I'm runnig with 0,00 front toe, and -0.35 rear toe, and no abs, to help with rotation. does that sound odd to you?:lol:

You should be able to run a bit of ballast at the rear with 1kg extra weight - this is the usual adjustment when running a bit of rear ballast... which won't affect your power:weight that much. If you use it more towards the rear, and change the weight distribution significantly, you might have to use more ballast.

If you run without oil I think you'll lose some speed.... pretty sure the reason people are running with an oil change is it gives you a better power:weight.

Other things to try...

High rear toe worked in GT5, but doesn't seem to work as well in GT6... help entry rotation, but makes exits more difficult.

Try running lower LSD accel... the car has a lot of traction, so a high LSD accel will make the car understeer as the diff locks and pushes the car when you pick up the throttle mid corner.

Reduce LSD decel to minimum.

ABS 0 will definitely work if you're consistent enough across the whole lap (I'm not!!).

You should be able to run a bit of ballast at the rear with 1kg extra weight - this is the usual adjustment when running a bit of rear ballast... which won't affect your power:weight that much. If you use it more towards the rear, and change the weight distribution significantly, you might have to use more ballast.

If you run without oil I think you'll lose some speed.... pretty sure the reason people are running with an oil change is it gives you a better power:weight.

Other things to try...

High rear toe worked in GT5, but doesn't seem to work as well in GT6... help entry rotation, but makes exits more difficult.

Try running lower LSD accel... the car has a lot of traction, so a high LSD accel will make the car understeer as the diff locks and pushes the car when you pick up the throttle mid corner.

Reduce LSD decel to minimum.

ABS 0 will definitely work if you're consistent enough across the whole lap (I'm not!!).
Ok:) I already put the initial torque and deaccel at minimum, and I left accel. sensitivity at 24 because the more I add, the more traction I seem to get, but the car becomes hard to control out of corners, and the more I lower it, the less traction I get, even if it makes the car easier to drive.

I actually dont have a problem with the exits with -0.35 rear toe and no abs works fine, but I cant get consistent with my braknig points, or turn it points...:indiff:

Thanks for the help anyway:cheers:

Cool.

Other things to try...

Increase rear ARB (as front is already at min). Reduce front spring rates (gradually). Reduce front damper comp to allow more weight to transfer to the front.

Oh, and you could always try some camber ;)

Cool.

Other things to try...

Increase rear ARB (as front is already at min). Reduce front spring rates (gradually). Reduce front damper comp to allow more weight to transfer to the front.

Oh, and you could always try some camber ;)
Argh, I dont have the time m8!:lol:

I tried lower LSD accel. but it did'nt work, however I did improve a bit when I lowered the rear ride height, but I think that is due to better drivinhg on my part, I did'nt feel any difference.

With the setup I have now, I can do mid 43 if I get it together, so its good enough...

I was on my way to a 1'43.0xx, but braked a bit late in bus-stop. ended up with 1'43.204

I might give this another go tomorrow, but for now I'm done, I dont really like the car, but it does become better after a while...

Setup:

Racing Hard/Racing Hard

Suspension:
Ride height: 60/50
Spring rate: 21.95/25.95
Dampers compression: 7/4
Dampers extension: 4/7
Anti-roll bars: 1/3
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.10/-0.35
Brake balance: 5/6

Transmisson:
Same as Weider, with final gear at 2.650

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 20
Braking sensitivity: 5

Power:
Do oil change, and set limiter @99.9%

Body:
No weight reduction
Downforce: 1500/1900
Ballast weight: 15kg
Ballast position: +3

ABS OFF!!

et_
I was on my way to a 1'43.0xx, but braked a bit late in bus-stop. ended up with 1'43.204

I might give this another go tomorrow, but for now I'm done, I dont really like the car, but it does become better after a while...

Setup:

Racing Hard/Racing Hard

Suspension:
Ride height: 60/50
Spring rate: 21.95/25.95
Dampers compression: 7/4
Dampers extension: 4/7
Anti-roll bars: 1/3
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.10/-0.35
Brake balance: 5/6

Transmisson:
Same as Weider, with final gear at 2.650

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 20
Braking sensitivity: 5

Power:
Do oil change, and set limiter @99.9%

Body:
No weight reduction
Downforce: 1500/1900
Ballast weight: 15kg
Ballast position: +3

ABS OFF!!

Seems quite different from weider tune, I think I have to try this! Abs 0 sounds pretty interesting too.

I am happy so many of you have found the RTRacing All-Tracks Tune for the Lotus F1 useful for your assault on this Spa Francochamps Time Trial.

It is a perfect base tune to build on and I just want to take this moment to give credit where credit is due:

The Tune was created by RTRacing's lead driver, the Alain Prost of Gran Turismo, Aughablo (@DrAug) and features the Launch Control gearbox by the legend that is DaBomb (@DaBomb330), with overall guidance by our chief engineer, the Newey who needs no introduction, Praiano (@praiano63).

I also want to thank everyone, from our direct rivals at TRL (@IMMORTALPILOT and @jamiebeech) to new names and new friends, who have voted for the tune in the tuning section:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/ayrton-senna-lotus-97t-85.443

RTRacing decided to share this All-Tracks Tune so that more people would find enjoyment in driving this beast of a car, which gives more and more satisfaction with each passing lap!

One more thing, there are Reserve Driver spaces for the new season of the FGTA F1 World Championship (organised by @Mini Stiggy) that features this car, so if you're interested click here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fgta-formula-1-world-championship-reserve-spaces-open.314508

And maybe come join in and pit yourself against some of the finest drivers in the world!

All the best,

Arty!

RTRacing
Driver 1: Aughablo (@DrAug)
Driver 2: Racingline (@RacingLine)
Test Driver: Chris (@xChris93_)

RTRosso
Driver 1: Bresson (@teamdbw)
Driver 2: Arty (@Weider)
Test Driver: CBastjan (@Cb)

Last edited:
Just tried another 45min to get better....I think I hit my personal wall. And to be honest, I have had enough of it!
Very nice challenge, great car!

I am happy so many of you have found the RTRacing All-Tracks Tune for the Lotus F1 useful for your assault on this Spa Francochamps Time Trial.

It is a perfect base tune to build on and I just want to take this moment to give credit where credit is due:

The Tune was created by RTRacing's lead driver, the Alain Prost of Gran Turismo, Aughablo (@DrAug) and features the Launch Control gearbox by the legend that is DaBomb (@DaBomb330), with overall guidance by our chief engineer, the Newey who needs no introduction, Praiano (@praiano63).

I also want to thank everyone, from our direct rivals at TRL (@IMMORTALPILOT and @jamiebeech) to new names and new friends, who have voted for the tune in the tuning section:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/ayrton-senna-lotus-97t-85.443

RTRacing decided to share this All-Tracks Tune so that more people would find enjoyment in driving this beast of a car, which gives more and more satisfaction with each passing lap!

One more thing, there are Reserve Driver spaces for the new season of the FGTA F1 World Championship (organised by @Mini Stiggy) that features this car, so if you're interested click here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fgta-formula-1-world-championship-reserve-spaces-open.314508

And maybe come join in and pit yourself against some of the finest drivers in the world!

All the best,

Arty!

RTRacing
Driver 1: Aughablo (@DrAug)
Driver 2: Racingline (@RacingLine)
Test Driver: Chris (@xChris93_)

RTRosso
Driver 1: Bresson (@teamdbw)
Driver 2: Arty (@Weider)
Test Driver: CBastjan (@Cb)

Wow that's cool, no wonder this tune feels so convenient. Thank you all very much! I really wish there were more people like you guys, I mean making a co-operation-tune and releasing it on purpose to get more fast drivers out there, that's the way to go!

And I guarantee you gonna see me driving this tune online, I mean I have been really wishing there would be a TT for this lotus to get it tuned and get to really know the car, well, it seems like my dreams have come true!!! :D

Much love and respect :gtpflag:

ODB
Seems quite different from weider tune, I think I have to try this! Abs 0 sounds pretty interesting too.
0 ABS helps with entry rotation in slow corners. But you'll have to be able to manage it, I did'nt find it too difficult tho.:)
Its a bit different from Weiders tune, yes. But not too much to be honest. The only things I changed was ride height, spring rate, rear toe angle, final gear, and ballast.

@Weider : Thanks!:cheers:

et_
0 ABS helps with entry rotation in slow corners. But you'll have to be able to manage it, I did'nt find it too difficult tho.:)
Its a bit different from Weiders tune, yes. But not too much to be honest. The only things I changed was ride height, spring rate, rear toe angle, final gear, and ballast.

@Weider : Thanks!:cheers:
Well... Actually improved my time in half an hour (still whit ABS 1) and though this tune is bit more unstable and I had to adjust my exit from low speed corners quite much that really don't mean that much because it goes like on trails on S curves and there I had some trouble before because I had to push it so much on Weider tune to be really fast there. This one goes trough there more naturally, thought it's a bit harder elsewhere.

Actually just now doing some laps without abs and it seems that I can really keep up whit my ghost but the amount of concentration that goes just on applying the brakes is quite a handful. And yeah, I dropped the front brakes to 4 so it doesn't lock out that easy, I think I try to lower it a little bit more if it seems I can't get the hang of it... And then I return using ABS :D

Tthanks for sharing, actually was getting bit bored and trying to do fast laps without abs is something I haven't done too much lately...

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention I watched your replay... This is what I meant about education material :D 👍

Hi
Managed to improve from 1:46.061 wich I set two days ago to 1:45.547.
I believe turn 15 Stavelot and the last chicane (bus stop) is where I lose most time.
I have never been so high on the ranking (121) before and I'm quite pleased with this :-).
I'm second in my country right now :-)

Last edited:
I improved .010 or something today and to be honest I did something like quarter of a million laps :D

On the upside though the car was great, Spa is really fun and tunes were absolutely magnificent!!

Great TT and I really start to feel that I could enjoy some online racing in this car, though I just can't even imagine what the intensity level must be on a real good online race:scared:

:gtpflag:

Finally into the 400's! Not by much though.. Position 497 with a time of 1:47.599. Thanks @Weider for the awesome Lotus tune. Its become one of my most loved cars.

After improing in the gsxr, thought I'd try et's tune... Unfortunately my wife came home from work only 5 laps in and I only cut a few 10ths off my time. Back in the top 100, but still not liking this car.

My first time doing a Online TT in GT6 and I'm currently 193rd with a 1:46.052 (Wanted a 1:45 so bad!!!)
Really hoping it holds out for top 200.
I'm apparently alittle better than I thought, But I'm sure its because Weider's tune.
I'm new to the Gtplanet Community and think its awesome that everyone is Posting different adjustments they made trying to help other people improve their times.

Thanks to Weider for the tune and et_ for a ridiculously fast ghost to watch drive away from me. Haha
Cheers

Edit: Ended up 196th with the same 1:46.052 Tried to better it, But couldnt.

Last edited:
Hey ODB, cool name. You a Wu Tang fan? No offence but what kind of times are you getting? You seem to post a lot but not mention your time.

I ended up 11th fastest of the stick users. 96th overall. Could have done better if I had tried et tune I guess, I'm pretty good with 0 ABS but didn't even think of trying. In the end I stuck with a mix of the 2 most popular tunes with a small change of ballast to the rear.

Thanks for the help guys. Pretty happy to be 11th fastest of the stick users and in the top 100.

ODB
I improved .010 or something today and to be honest I did something like quarter of a million laps :D

On the upside though the car was great, Spa is really fun and tunes were absolutely magnificent!!

Great TT and I really start to feel that I could enjoy some online racing in this car, though I just can't even imagine what the intensity level must be on a real good online race:scared:

:gtpflag:

I know that this has nothing to do with this seasonal but I got so lucky with the last Ayrton Senna tribute time trial at brands hatch.

On a side note, I got a 1.52.6 using a DS3 at Spa. I could have done better but I just wanted to get the gold and was going pretty slowly through the corners. Thanks @Motor City Hami for the tune. 👍

Back