Lotus 97T Super Lap - Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter et_
  • 306 comments
How do I get this car? In the game within the Senna content it says to get bronze or better in both of the chapter three time trials. I got silver in one and bronze in the other, but no car???

How do I get this car? In the game within the Senna content it says to get bronze or better in both of the chapter three time trials. I got silver in one and bronze in the other, but no car???

I'm doing the Senna trials right now for the car. You need a Silver in the Brands Hatch from what I see. Silver at Monza gives you his '85 Race suit.

It took about 5 laps tonight but I was able to squeak by with a 1:54.271. I used Praiano's tune for the suspension and transmission. I went back to the default LSD because I was all over the place with his LSD settings. I'm sure they IS a quicker time in there if I used his LSD settings, but my throttle control obviously isn't where it needs to be yet. I definitely think that's my problem with this event too...I think I'm too hard on the brakes, instead of letting the aero grip hold me around corners at a higher speed, I'm probably jabbing at the brake pedal and then losing all that momentum. Ugh...at least I have a Gold Medal time - can worry about improving it later, if I feel like it.

This event is difficult in the car itself.

The power band / throttle response is just too peaky, painful through the slower corners. No good in pushing hard in the first 2 gears, better be gentle, even when it's in the lag. And lower LSD helps in those slower corners, too, makes it more nimble / less sticky.

Brake bias setting is tricky, too. As the down force is huge, the available grips in low and high speed are very different. Tune it for high speed, then it's too easily locked in low speed. Tune it for low speed, then it's not powerful enough at high speed. Have to adjust by foot.

A great car, real legend with magnificent sound. But TBH it's not an enjoyable drive, I'm afraid.

et_
@Sadioki : If you're using a DS3, here is some tips:
-Start with praiano's tune, add max downforce and adjust the final gear so that the top speed is about right (that is quite important as the powerband is not so wide)
-LSD 12/8/5
-add front toe-out and rear toe-in, about -30/+50 should do it.
Great tips, I'll make sure to try them tomorrow, Thanks everybody for giving me hope, and helping me with good advise.

Maybe it's about personal preference.

I'm not a fan of large rear toe-in. In fact I use a little rear toe-out on this car. (-6 to -8) :cool: Rear toe-in is mainly for maintaining stability of the tail under deceleration. For this, I prefer using LSD (larger initial torque and the decelerating side).

If up to +0.30 rear toe-in still can't tame the happy tail, then it'd better be done by LSD (and/or other setting in suspension). Too much toe and there's too much waste by the useless friction. And the sticky feel of steering operation is not equal to grip (between tires and ground).

On this car, I feel there's no problem in rear grip. In high speed, the huge DF would take care of everything. In lower speed, less then medium level of decelerating side of LSD can tame the tail already. (I use 18 or 20 IIRC)

Just my 2c. YMMV of course.

@LS Chiou I completely agree with your comments about the car in this Seasonal Event. I'm not a big fan of it at all. I can appreciate and respect the history of the vehicle, but as far as this game goes, I never drive the thing - I just get no enjoyment from it.

Wow, After beating Brands Hatch Senna TT this was incredibly easy, Used Praiano63 Tune ran a 1:51.311 good enough for a World Ranking of 545 currently.

Edit: Bested that time with a 1:50.737

Last edited:
I see the "red thread" in this thread.. Wait?! What?! Inception on GTP? :odd:
(praiano's tune being the red thread)

Anywho.. I also decided to run praiano's setup on this one and managed a 1:49.293. I was a bit surprised tbh considering the massive tyrespin this setup has.. Staying in the powerband and a bit of shortshifting took care of that for me.

I'll tweak the setup a bit and see if i can scrape off some more time.

:cheers:

Love the car, love the circuit. Really struggled initially though, car felt twitchy as hell. I noticed it bottoming in Eau Rouge so I tinkered with the setup and it was suddenly SOOOO much better! Had last run the car at Monza...

And by tinkered with, I mean I loaded the default settings... Yeah.

I watched the spa GT Acadamy tutorial, one thing got me was one of the drivers said don't take spa one corner at a time like say, laguna seca. The turns flow from one to another, forget split times and blur entire sectors.
I love this track even after a few attempts there is so much time to shave off on this course.
This car eats it up!

I watched the spa GT Acadamy tutorial, one thing got me was one of the drivers said don't take spa one corner at a time like say, laguna seca. The turns flow from one to another, forget split times and blur entire sectors.
I love this track even after a few attempts there is so much time to shave off on this course.
This car eats it up!
I really like EAU Rouge with the lotus , the car just slide from right to left to right in 300 kp/h !

1:53.5 on 2nd lap. Probably got a ton of time in there with a tune (was just stock with gear / DF adjustments).

I was wondering why I couldn't keep up with my own ghost from last night- and then I realised, the engine oil and body rigidity both deteriorate very quickly on this car. Changed the oil, fixed the rigidity, gained a second and a half on the very next lap! 1.47.4 with praiano's tune and a few adjustments to the gearing. loving this one!

Praiano's 97T tune is majorly different than stock. I've been running his tune for a while now, and when joining an F1 room where most are stock, there is a huge difference, not only in cornering speed and stability, but that trans tune out accelerates the stock by a long long shot.

Just did a 1:51.742 on my 3rd lap after giving praiano's tune a go, after having tried (and failed) about 20 laps using stock. Just using ABS 1. Thanks for the tune man :cheers:

No respect if you do this event with paddle shifters.

H pattern and clutch all the way.
10578418_10152560709071276_475265870_n.jpg

1:47.969
was very hard, but very good.

Last edited:
It really is crazy how good praiano's tune is. I always try stock first and was able to get consistent silver times then I tried his tune and bang: nearly 5 seconds faster for an easy gold!

Although not much easier to drive; you still need to respect the ferocity of the 97T. I found that whilst slower over Kemmel straight after eau rouge, that is the only advantage stock has over the tune. Going through the technical sections; Les Combes all the way through to Curve Paul Frere is almost comical in the way that your previous best lap ghost just disappears from your rear view.

Much respect to you praiano.

It really is crazy how good praiano's tune is. I always try stock first and was able to get consistent silver times then I tried his tune and bang: nearly 5 seconds faster for an easy gold!

Although not much easier to drive; you still need to respect the ferocity of the 97T. I found that whilst slower over Kemmel straight after eau rouge, that is the only advantage stock has over the tune. Going through the technical sections; Les Combes all the way through to Curve Paul Frere is almost comical in the way that your previous best lap ghost just disappears from your rear view.

Much respect to you praiano.

Have you tried the RTRacing setup? Even better, no disrespect to Praiano's tuning prowess.

That's a bold claim, I'll have to check it out later.

I've tried both of them, Arty's tune produces both better steering response and lap time; though Praiano's is much easier to control accelerating out of corners. With max downforce, slightly tamer LSD Accel settings, (just a few ticks lower) the RTRacing setup it is a few tenths faster around Silverstone.

That's a bold claim, I'll have to check it out later.
I prefer Arty's tune. It has less understeer to me. For example, at Pouhon, I can just lift for a split second and then floor it again with Arty's tune, but I have to lift off for longer with Praiano's tune. No disrespect meant to Praiano, it's still a very good tune.

I've tried both of them, Arty's tune produces both better steering response and lap time; though Praiano's is much easier to control accelerating out of corners. With max downforce, slightly tamer LSD Accel settings, (just a few ticks lower) the RTRacing setup it is a few tenths faster around Silverstone.

I prefer Arty's tune. It has less understeer to me. For example, at Pouhon, I can just lift for a split second and then floor it again with Arty's tune, but I have to lift off for longer with Praiano's tune. No disrespect meant to Praiano, it's still a very good tune.

I've become pretty lazy since I discovered Praiano's tunes, I need to go back to checking out other people's work it seems.

Hey. Hope someone can help. I have a few issues.

I usually think I'm pretty crap at tuning but got 1:49:6 something with my own tune. Maybe I've underestimated myself or maybe I'm just used to my own tune. This is only the 3rd time I've tried someone else's full tune, the other 2 being an NSX and S2000. Found both of them a bit difficult too, very floaty and I can't get used to the gearing which leads me onto my first issue...

What's all this setting the speed to minimum about? 5 really short gears and a long 6th? Is it for keeping it in the peak torque range? I use manual gears and short shift to achieve that.

Tried Praiano's tune and find it difficult. But now I've noticed people saying that using max downforce helps it which I could see.

My second issue is the gears on Praiano's Lotus tune. I set it to 149mph. But can't get first gear as low as it says on his tune.

Back