Lotus E22 launch thread

Just noticed this.
wmjn.jpg

So front mounted railguns aren't against 2014 regulations? Because I know a pair of parallel conducting rails when I see them.

But most frightening of all is that Lotus have given one to Maldonado. :scared:

Last edited:
Thing is, it's just the front wing, so if they wanted/had to, it wouldn't be too hard to change it to a more phallic or swooshed down design.

Lotus fans with OCD are going to have a tough time watching.

EDIT: I think I found the inspiration for the nose.

tumblr_n0l7jiEDSm1r8kneko1_1280.jpg

So its heavy metal then, very appropriate considering the craziness that happened with the Lotus name.

It could be that they are trying to let the drivers compare the new wing to the old wing, sort of like the 2008-2009 changes. To me the car looks like a E22 with a few E29 looking pieces and show car pieces.

Just so we are aware, this photo is in fact the Renault R29 with the E22's nose, it's just been used for promotion.

lr29studio22.jpg

I do, however have one shot of the E22 at the Jerez shakedown today, thanks to the site that I write for.

52f62d87e09df2fa18b2199fcd847967838d085824e62.jpg

At their filming day at Jerez, they completed the allowed 100 km (22 laps). Supposedly, they were able to "validate", not develop, improvements and solutions derived from new hardware and software fixes. Apparently, other Renault teams were on hand to share in the joy.

Back