Lotus Elise 111R / Tuned -Daily CUP - :02/:17/:32/:47

• Thread starter Timppaq
  • 177 comments

School Grade for the CUP -tune (remember to try first!)

• Total voters
and by xx:15 i meant xx:45 apparently. food and tv took a little longer than expected. hope to see you guys in the next one at xx:45

no idea, i saw what he did to you, so put him in the sand for you:sly:

Haha. Nice one, thanks mate. Thats why he was running at the back of the field. I sat most of the race out, but rejoined for the last lap and picked him up, and drove my ghost 'inside' his car for the rest of the race. He went off 5 times on th last lap lol.

I am going to give this a run. I apologize ahead of time, my Suzuka experience is lacking and my handle on this car is just coming about. Sorry for any knicks, scratchs, bumps, humps and punts. . . : )

I'll see you guys there, :D
Edit: Heading to Suzuka right now! Will join at 00 & 15.
Hope to see you guys on track,
OnlineGT

Last edited:
after three races, it was kinda nice to lead for the first lap. Next time let me see if I can lead two laps with out overdriving this car. It is very easy to do that for me. I need to get a G25. . . : (

I apologize to another that was racing with me. I must have hit each and everyone of you guys. I just don't see this sixaxis working very well for me. I need to get the G25. . . : (

Last edited:
Damn, I just saw this now, looks like fun!!

Silly question about the tune, why not reduce the weight instead of jacking up the HP? You get better cornering, braking and acceleration from a lighter car, as opposed to the single gain of acceleration from more horsepower.

gitSeht, I'm not using the tune on page 1, but in my experience the Elise handles better with the weight added.

gitSeht, I'm not using the tune on page 1, but in my experience the Elise handles better with the weight added.

that's arguable. the car is amazing with and without weight. you just need to find the sweet spot in your suspension settings dependent on your application. 👍

Makes sense. My rear ride height is lower than the front, that might have something to do with my preference.

i'm in with axle at :45.

edit: just remembered i switched the units to kmh earlier before work. i go to tune the 111R after i'm off and can't figure out why i top out at 210kmh..:dunce:

Last edited:
just did my best lap last race with a 1'57. I know there is more time able to be shacved off too.

Damn, I just saw this now, looks like fun!!

Silly question about the tune, why not reduce the weight instead of jacking up the HP? You get better cornering, braking and acceleration from a lighter car, as opposed to the single gain of acceleration from more horsepower.

I just found this to work on race.. actually I've not honed the tune for hours.. so yes there is better tunes available, but this is quite good allrounder.. and it does give you the opportunity to win. If I remember correctly, it was to make it match on straights.. and also noted that the cornering didn't get worse (with these settings) so..

But if you find a tune that does better in a race, PM me.. ;) :cheers:

edit:

with elise the exit speed from corner is actually much more important than the HP alone.. You can't drive this like Clio and think you'd gain on the straights. We have to play with our srenghts.. ;) = Kill everything on corners.

Last edited:
I just found this to work on race.. actually I've not honed the tune for hours.. so yes there is better tunes available, but this is quite good allrounder.. and it does give you the opportunity to win. If I remember correctly, it was to make it match on straights.. and also noted that the cornering didn't get worse (with these settings) so..

But if you find a tune that does better in a race, PM me.. ;) :cheers:

edit:

with elise the exit speed from corner is actually much more important than the HP alone.. You can't drive this like Clio and think you'd gain on the straights. We have to play with our srenghts.. ;) = Kill everything on corners.

Hey Timp, would you like to try my build? I would love to get feedback off of you.

Ermmm... should have just pm'ed you lol. Doing that now...

Last edited:
Well for the second night, I apologize to anyone I hit tonight, still in th eprocess of learning this track and car at the same time.

Well for the second night, I apologize to anyone I hit tonight, still in th eprocess of learning this track and car at the same time.

might I reccommend time trials in the 'factory' 111R? I'm not at all trying to be condescending, but this car isn't the easiest to drive and if you don't know the track, it can be even more daunting. The 111R/T is just a bigger and badder version of the factory car and if you get used to that, you should have no problem adjusting to the 111R/T. Heck, even use the same quick tune settings with it. Just a suggestion though. Do with it what you will.

But if you find a tune that does better in a race, PM me.. ;) :cheers:.

Will do, I have a couple ideas that I have yet to test out, I used to have 3 or 4 setups that i neglected to write down before the update. I have been lacking in my time on GT5P recently, so it will take me a bit to get back up to speed (pun intended)

might I reccommend time trials in the 'factory' 111R? I'm not at all trying to be condescending, but this car isn't the easiest to drive and if you don't know the track, it can be even more daunting. The 111R/T is just a bigger and badder version of the factory car and if you get used to that, you should have no problem adjusting to the 111R/T. Heck, even use the same quick tune settings with it. Just a suggestion though. Do with it what you will.
Advice well taken, I must say though that after tweaking the tune to suit my driving style last night I am getting the hang of this now. I am not the fastest in the field nor the slowest at least. Plus I have a little more control of the car now.

if anyone else wants to give my current build a try here it is (please provide feedback):

PP750 Tune (Primarily for Suzuka)
Power: +35

Weight: 765kg or 111%

Tires
F: R3
R: R3

Aero
F: 11
R: 28

Ride Height
F: -13
R: -14