Lotus Evora Cup, :04/:19/:34/:49 Suz 750

• Thread starter Hyper-Dan
  • 619 comments
I did, but sooner than usual because I had to work early this morning. Between 10 PM and midnight (PT is the same time zone as the UK). Raced against MJH and mr geez. Good races, pity there were only the three of us.

On a side note, we found a bunch (about 4 or 5) of italians driving BMWs Z4. They started the races immediately, but by the end of lap 1, or beggining of lap 2 the three Evoras had to pass. They were clean drivers, but the fact that they were (like us) having a "cup" race, very closely packed, made it difficult to get ahead in the twisty section (unless you wanted to "punt" them out of the way, but we don't do that), and even in the straights, because sometimes you would find them occupying both lanes trying to overtake and draft each other.

In the end, it was a funny addition to the races we had, this new "get ahead of a flock of italian BMWs without touching any of them" ... challenge! :D

Last edited:
Enjoyed last nights racing, shame it's such a struggle for me to keep that car on the track. I think it must be the pressure from racing other gtp.ers. I did one more race after you left hun, I was the only evora and i raced it perfect, finished 3rd. Hopefully there will be more people on tonight.

Ok, I can't make it to :04, but I'm in at :34.

Missed the :50 by accident, and :04 was a fast load but not a single evora. :grumpy:

Long time no see some bigger Evora grids for me. That was really nice. Thanks for the nice races guys. 👍

Fair_play_plz, you wouldn't have had to wait me after the T1, we didn't make any contact, my back tire went off. But thanks for waiting anyway. :) Nice race it was. :cheers:

Last edited:
Alright WOW, THAT'S more like the good old glory days!! 10 Evoras out in force tonight and for once I didn't make a complete prat of myself while leading.

First few races were just myself, Marchbrown and No_One_Intrestin, both of which were supreme and gave me serious stress and heart palpatations throughout the whole race distance.

Then of course GTP_Hun joined me for a few one-on-ones with the scary Suzuka backmarkers...who I must say guys...are coming back because of the lack of Evoras scaring them off! This all changed tonight...an innocent Monday night...

First race packed with Evoras was a bit of a nightmare actually, that one Mine's absolutely destroyed my race and I just parked it, sorry folks, it was unbearable. No_One_Intrestin grabbed that win I believe...no mean feat considering how strong the field was.

Then the Thunder & Lightning boys came to town :) Packed grids, Marchbrown, Stealthwinner, Hun, JvM, Bollocks, Theewar, MJH, Sausages, Preach, Fairplay. First one was a bit error-prone, except Fairplay who won in style from Marchbrown in his fancy new WHITE Evora!

Then I battled through to second place after a few of the guys fell by the wayside through incidents thinking I was in front, but then I noticed a speck on the horizon...GTP_JvM showing us all how it was meant to be done, nice win mate, streeeets ahead!

Then shock of all shock-horrors...I actually won a couple of races with 10-Evora grids :P

egdfr.jpg

...I have to admit, after beating my head against the solid brick wall that was the 2'04 hotlap barrier for days and still failing, it was a bit nice to see that despite a grid full of 2'04 hotshots, the wins were shared out by the late night crew, JvM, myself and some stellar driving from GTP_Hun who was always in the top three until real life called him away :)

Amazing stuff guys, this event is my favourite of all so far on GT5P and it's entirely down to all of you taking part. You want clean, fast, hyper-competitive yet considerate racing? This is the place.

All the best
Maz

Man!! Nice grid right there! By looking that picture, Syn, you really need that GTP tag in front of your name! ;) If not for anything else, but just to make the boards look even better. :lol:

Thanks for the racing guys, it was a lot if fun tonight. Sorry if i caused problems to anyone, couldn't stop spinning off on the first corner of the first lap.

Hopefully we'll get some full grids again tomorrow.

Night all.

Well guys yet again the evora has owned suzuka this evening:tup:.Synwraith well done on your mighty win this evening.I wanted to take it from you but as you can see the gods put me to the back of the class for even thinking about trying:bowdown:.As for the 2.04.brickwall. its all in the gearing mate.Get them right and drive the way you did this evening,there will be no more wall:banghead:Now where did i park my evora:P

Great night of Evora racing! A few good battles, but overall I did too many mistakes to deserve your kind words, Maz. You, on the contrary, were flying! 👍

JvM
Man!! Nice grid right there! By looking that picture, Syn, you really need that GTP tag in front of your name! ;) If not for anything else, but just to make the boards look even better. :lol:

Haha it does look a bit like all you serious folk got beaten by an untagged amateur :sly: Seriously though, I'm just waiting for the next GTP registry division qualifier before I use the tag, I want to earn it.

Thanks for the racing guys, it was a lot if fun tonight. Sorry if i caused problems to anyone, couldn't stop spinning off on the first corner of the first lap.
Hopefully we'll get some full grids again tomorrow.
Night all.

Hey Matt, I did notice you spin at turn 1 a few times, what happened mate? I wish I could be there to see more full grids tonight, but I don't think it's going to happen. Real life and work intrudes :(

Well guys yet again the evora has owned suzuka this evening:tup:.Synwraith well done on your mighty win this evening.I wanted to take it from you but as you can see the gods put me to the back of the class for even thinking about trying:bowdown:.As for the 2.04.brickwall. its all in the gearing mate.Get them right and drive the way you did this evening,there will be no more wall:banghead:Now where did i park my evora:P

You know, last night was so much fun that I'm not too bothered about the 2'04. I was just worried that everyone was finding extra time and I'd just be left behind in the races, but the DC tune is simply incredible for the online racing and my car feels waaaaaay faster than it does in freerun. Plus the improved frame rate helps me as well. Having said that, I'm looking forward to getting some clues as to your gearing from the replay you've posted 👍

Great night of Evora racing! A few good battles, but overall I did too many mistakes to deserve your kind words, Maz. You, on the contrary, were flying! 👍

I am only aware of the single mistake in the last race, other than that, despite whoever was raging up behind me, at the end of the race it was always you in front of me challenging Bollox, or just behind catching me in 2nd place. Soilid fast dependable driving, you're the Fernando Alonso of this cup ;)

All the best
Maz

most of the time i started on the left of the grid, so i was trying to keep to the outide of the first corner whilst maintaining a decent speed, but kept putting a wheel on the grass. Hopefully I'll have learnt my lesson by tonight lol.

Last edited:
[QUOTE=Synwraith; I'm just waiting for the next GTP registry division qualifier before I use the tag, I want to earn it.

Dont worry mate, you will earn the GTP tag. 👍👍

Had some really great racing tonight with geez, hun and energiya. Was all clean and fast. I was really pleased that i was able to keep up with you guys tonight, well at least for most of the race lol. I must be getting used to this car now. Thanks guys.

Had some really great racing tonight with geez, hun and energiya. Was all clean and fast. I was really pleased that i was able to keep up with you guys tonight, well at least for most of the race lol. I must be getting used to this car now. Thanks guys.

You to mate, great clean & fast racing. Look forward to race you again.

@To mr_geez & Hun, thanks for same great racing, i finally had my first win in the lotus evora cup, hope to get same more. See all you guys tomorrow.

To all other GTP drivers, i will be online racing tomorrow, hope to see you all there.

All the best guys
ENERGIYA

Last edited:
As I thought, work got in the way of any leisure time for me yesterday and last night, so I didn't get to catch you guys :( I will definitely be making time for some Suzuka Shenanigans tonight though.

ENERGIYA thanks for the kind words mate and it's great to hear we've got another who has joined the ranks of Evora racers :) Same for Matt, the more competition the more fun it is. More chance of full grids too.

All the best
Maz

Big sorry to ENERGIYA. I was getting out your way to let you guys carry on with your event and you followed into my slipstream.

I wasnt trying to get in your event guys. Im doing the F40 event and I got matched with you. Pulled out the way to let you through when I could though.

Jack

Big sorry to ENERGIYA. I was getting out your way to let you guys carry on with your event and you followed into my slipstream.

I wasnt trying to get in your event guys. Im doing the F40 event and I got matched with you. Pulled out the way to let you through when I could though.

Jack

Thats fine Jack, accidents happen. BTW i sent you a PSN friend request

Sorry guys for the playtime tonight. Hope I didnt destroy anything, or made any of you mad while my evora was sliding around.

EDIT: from my double post: Ohh lord. That was a laggy one. Sorry if i hit anybody. I'm parking my evora.

Last edited:
Heh.. Yeah some lag there indeed. I'm sorry too if I hit someone.

Haha. :D I laughed so much after that degner in the last(:49) race. :lol:

Last edited:
Sorry about that last race guys. I was getting a bit out of shape. Thanks for waiting for me on the second lap fair_play. You didn't need to though, i had already started spinning off when we touched. Cig break, back for xx19.

Sorry about that last race guys. I was getting a bit out of shape. Thanks for waiting for me on the second lap fair_play. You didn't need to though, i had already started spinning off when we touched. Cig break, back for xx19.

No prob mate, it was a bit laggy again, so i was never sure what happend:scared:

I´m off for tonight, thanks everybody for some funny races.👍

thanks to the t&l team, mjh, jvm, energiya and everyone else for good racing tonight. very laggy race my last one.

race you all soon.

Good fun running with you maz,:crazy:nice and cosy like:D,i would have put money on it that i seen the inside of your car.

Hahaha yeah you will all have to accept my apologies for tonight, I was running with a completely different gear ratio setup and had to learn all the braking points and apex speeds again, it was taking some time to get competitive and clean again.

Matt, much improved mate! Thanks for waiting and for the bump draft, when I tried to return the favour I punted you off haha I'm so sorry mate. You are a shining example of courteous driving.

All the best
Maz

Thanks for the kind words chaps, finally found my mojo again. Lol. Don't know why people complain so much about this game, there's always fun to be found, and tonight was no exception. got my bigger hd monitor now, so it looked as good as it felt too. Don't worry about the bump synwraith, was just unfortunate, i turned slightly right just as you bumped me. Night everyone, hope to see you all tomorrow for more of the same.

Back