Love Actually

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danoff
  • 5 comments
  • 538 views

Danoff

Premium
Messages
34,431
United States
Mile High City
Love Actually was one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. I recommend that you all stay as far away from it as you can.
 
Don't worry, chick flicks give me the willies.

Except for Beaches, of course.


M
 
I've enjoyed quite a few chick flicks. You've got mail, for example, is an excellent movie (partially because its about business).

Love Actually was freaking atrocious. As chick flicks go, it's at the bottom of the barrel.

No character development
a nine-year-old with the dialogue of a 30-year-old
anti-American sentiments
chaotic character motivation
lame attempts at humor


There were multiple scenes where the music was climaxing and the characters were giving a speech that was supposed to be moving and I was thinking. "This is f*ing retarded". My wife agreed. We almost didn't finish the movie.
 
Liam Nesson and Emma Thompson are not usually people I associate with bad movies. Were they any good in it? Was anything good about it? Maybe at the very least a quick shot of scantily clad Keira Knightly (yum)?

Last chick flick I recall enjoying was When Harry Met Sally.

Yes, its been that long.


M
 
Love actually was actually quite entertaining, it just depends on your level of maturity and taste.
 
Love actually was actually quite entertaining, it just depends on your level of maturity and taste.

That's true. It does depend on that.... whether or not you like it depends quite a bit on maturity.
 
Back