Love PC1 should I get PC2 now or wait?

• Thread starter Milan254
  • 96 comments
A year later and giving PC2 another go.
Recieved a game stop gift card so baught a PlayStation store gift card and baught the Porsche and Lemans content.

I also adjusted field of view and some other settings.

I played for several hours xmas eve. I can now say that I am "pleased" with the since of speed and general look of the games graphics.

The content from those two packs is pretty sweat.

I still just have a T-150 wheel and do not see that changing anytime soon. Decide to use manual this time around. Usually do not even though in real life both my vehicles are manual. Was good even just using the paddle shifters.

One of the Ferraris was surprised by how quick the gear box was.

Really enjoyed one of the Porsche cars also.

Out of town now, but look forward to getting several more hours of track time before going back to work on the 7th.

Will have to see if my Xmas eve enjoyment continues.

GTS is great and the best at graphics and overall user interface is nice and clean. A lot of other things are lacking and even beyond frustrating. For me the biggest one is credits needed to buy cars and the lack of reasonable ways obtain credits. They should bring back log in bonus (credit) multiplier. Perhaps on weekends or holidays prize credits could be increased or much higher credits for daily races.

Anyways happy holidays and thanks to all that run GTPLANET and make useful contributions.

Will reply in early January with my current FOV settings and others. I believe these are critical to getting decent enjoyment out of the PC2.

back from vacation and doing free run races. Adjusted FB to add some weight to the T-150 wheel. Highly recommended using Le Mans Bugetti Circuit as a test track and just a good fun medium length track with nice flow. This will be my go to track for now to really attempt to learn how to race decent with PC2. Liking the way I have things now and am having my best experiences with PC2 so far and imagine each good session that I have will just get better.

I am guessing that with PS4 that it is best to not race with the max car field. This might be one of my biggest problems over the last several months. Anyways will try and run with 20 or less depending on the track.

Really recommend the porche car pack and Lemans car pack. Will purchase ferrari pack in near term.

Last edited:
I am guessing that with PS4 that it is best to not race with the max car field. This might be one of my biggest problems over the last several months. Anyways will try and run with 20 or less depending on the track.

I have the PS4 Pro and don't find the number of cars to be a problem except when starting from last place - if it is a large field I often treat the first lap as if it was a pace lap and avoid any overtaking - the cars often get bunched and at some circuits the AI regularly crash.

Normally I set the number of opponents to 15 to simulate online. When learning a track I might just have 3 opponents and gradually increase it.

Glad you are enjoying the game - I recommend the Season Pass as it is better value than buying the packs individually and you get some extra cars which are very good. The "Fun Pack" doesn't get much love, but it contains a vintage Mustang which is well worth the cost of the pack. The Group B Renault 5, Ford RS200 and Audi are also very enjoyable to drive and are great on tight circuits.

For car testing and also sheer enjoyment try Silverstone Classic - the high speed corners are great - much more enjoyable than the modern Silverstone layout!

I am guessing that with PS4 that it is best to not race with the max car field.
Like Sick above I'm on a Pro so I can push it a bit further. But I'd add that if you want to race with more cars try setting the weather to static and the time to fixed. It might free up some processor time that can be used by the AI. Setting the graphics option to faster frame rates might also help - but then you do start to loose some visual appeal.

Glad you're enjoying your revisit to PC2. The various patches have enhanced the game over the year.

and at some circuits the AI regularly crash.
I reckon that's a lot to do with your AI aggression set to 100. I'm running with it set to around 60 and they are better behaved. :)

Sportsland will also be one of my go to tracks for testing and quick races. Reminds me of April Cot Hill or Deep Forest in GT.
So far today just did more testing. Currently mainly using bumper cam for my racing view as this provides the sense of speed that I desire. Still tweaking FOV for other views. I use a 55" Samsung TV and set approx. 72" or so from the TV.

Sportsland is a fun and quick track and fairly easy to get used to and get the racing line down and match gearing to the turns. Would recommend this track for anyone that is new or just wants to try to make the best of their experience with PC2.

I do not really care that much about weather or night racing. I currently just use clear skies or combination of cloudy. I do like the light changing from dawn to dusk etc. The car lights in night is far better then GT6.

Ferrari 488 Challenge car is pretty damn awesome. Some of my best racing in last several years.

Overall a good PC2 race day.

I would say for sure give PC2 another try like I am. Read the forums etc on how to set the game up or your wheel to get your own personal enjoyment.

Then spend 20 hours minimum over a few weeks before passing judgement.

Back