Love PC1 should I get PC2 now or wait?

• Thread starter Milan254
  • 96 comments
A I bought and sold GT sport, just boring. Still love playing PC1. Need your opinion if most of the issues on PS4 Pro have been fixed or wait for more patches.

B I play offline only. Is the career mode better than PC1

C How is the framerate and graphics on PS4 Pro and 4K TV comparing to PC1

D I use controller only, any issues?

Would appreciate any information on the above.

Controller implementation is better on pCARS 2.
Graphics currently are worse than pCARS 1, at least I think as far as AA is. I think that’s what most people are concerned about. There is a patch coming soon, which should improve that, we will see by how much.
AI is inconsistent currently across different weather conditions, especially during changing conditions, which will be worked on for the next few month, each patch improving things.

My opinion: wait to hear feedback on the upcoming patch. If people think that the graphics are better and there are no major issues introduced by it, then I’d get the game, if you are ok with AI settings being inconsistent and having to tweak them based on each event. If you really want AI to be the best it can be, wait until the holidays and get the game then.

Don't be fooled. The PC and PS4 versions are not the same.

Wait. Don't pay £75 for a pre-release beta. There's loads of people I know who wouldn't have paid for this.

You have the luxury of our experiences. Have a read around here. There are many issues which will make it less fun than pc1.

It may all be fixed in a few weeks then again that could also take several months... or even years. We do not know.

There are plenty of people in here that can comment on the current state of PC2 on PS4 Pro, e.g. @Scaff and there are a few others. Ignore the blatant trolls and fanboys. 👍 Controller implementation is great, but takes some getting used to. There's another patch incoming 'soon' that should address the complaints people are having about PS4 Pro graphics (esp. AA on a 1080p screen).

A I bought and sold GT sport, just boring. Still love playing PC1. Need your opinion if most of the issues on PS4 Pro have been fixed or wait for more patches.

B I play offline only. Is the career mode better than PC1

C How is the framerate and graphics on PS4 Pro and 4K TV comparing to PC1

D I use controller only, any issues?

Would appreciate any information on the above.
Very playable obvs its SMS so bugs exist

Same/Poss Better

Framerate is better Graphics are much worse (awful AA and insane LOD model changes, Sky boxes dont seem anywhere near as good as PCars 1 either)

Controller is a million times better

I'd wait. No point paying full price for a beta game.

If offline is your thing, the AI is pretty bad right now. I'd say more on rails than AI in any GT game I've played. Same unrealistic physics in many corners, and they're slow down the straights.

If you like doing big multiclass racing, prepair to be disappointed. The AI drives LMP2 cars at the same speeds as a GT3 lol.

The core of the game is really good, but the fit and finish is so unpolished it's not even funny. This game is worth $30 tops, I wouldn't pay any more than that.

I'll be returning PCARS2 this week. Get me an instore credit, pick up a used GT Sport and then rebuy a used PCARS once it's out of beta testing.

Thank you kindly for all your answers. Sometimes I think I should just give up on gaming altogether for there is NO game anymore that is OK to play on day one, yet people dish out -in some cases millions-for bug ridden games and have to wait for weeks or months to really enjoy the game. In my case I had to wait 4 years to get GT sport as you can tell people are not happy and this is a flagship game for Sony to compete with Forza 7 and upcoming Xbox X. You also have the ongoing issues with Loot boxes, Microtransactions, lack of single player mode and good stories yet they come up with PS4 Pro and Xbox X to play what??? Beta games??

At any rate, I do like the PC1 and hopefully they will fix all the issues in PC2 so it’s no longer a beta but a better game in all respects than PC1. People are not happy with GT sport so fixing PC2 could be a huge bonus to their sales if they do it right.

I also was a big fan of PC1, despite it's problems, and I was very much looking forward to PC2. To put it bluntly, I was very underwhelmed when I started playing the PS4 version on Day 1. Plenty of pretty obvious bugs, graphical issues, performance issues and screen tearing all contributed to me feeling disappointed and thinking that it wasn't any real improvement over the first game.

However, Patch 2.0 has improved the game quite a bit in my opinion and I've been having some quite good fun with it over the last week or so. SMS do seem to be working on the important issues and I think another console patch is inbound in the coming days (See: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...tialiasing-(&p=1405070&viewfull=1#post1405070)

I think if you've waited this long without buying it, wait another month or two. A couple more decent patches should iron out the key complaints people have had, and no doubt you'll be able to get it a bit cheaper. There's a lot of great content in PC2, and when it works properly it is a very good game. It's just a shame it didn't launch in very good shape.

Last edited:
I'll be returning PCARS2 this week. Get me an instore credit, pick up a used GT Sport and then rebuy a used PCARS once it's out of beta testing.

So you hate the game so much that you're going to.....buy it twice? :odd: :lol:

Thank you kindly for all your answers. Sometimes I think I should just give up on gaming altogether for there is NO game anymore that is OK to play on day one, yet people dish out -in some cases millions-for bug ridden games and have to wait for weeks or months to really enjoy the game. In my case I had to wait 4 years to get GT sport as you can tell people are not happy and this is a flagship game for Sony to compete with Forza 7 and upcoming Xbox X. You also have the ongoing issues with Loot boxes, Microtransactions, lack of single player mode and good stories yet they come up with PS4 Pro and Xbox X to play what??? Beta games??

I'd recommend keeping your eye out for a SNES Classic then. The days of games being complete and free of issues at launch are gone and no matter how many times people throw around the term "beta" on the internetz it ain't going to change.

So you hate the game so much that you're going to.....buy it twice? :odd: :lol:

I'd recommend keeping your eye out for a SNES Classic then. The days of games being complete and free of issues at launch are gone and no matter how many times people throw around the term "beta" on the internetz it ain't going to change.
I didn't say I hate the game. Please don't put overly basic and general language in my mouth.

I'm returning a game I payed $90CAN for, in exchange for two used games that will be less than $40 each. It's pretty simple math. I've already shelled out $90, so I'm goin to get 2 games for $90 instead of one for $90 and another for &40ish.

I still have a lot to finish in PC1 but I will definitely buy the PC2 given The CEO Ian Bell stated the next patch is coming soon and “you'll be surprised by the next'ish patch then. We've totally reworked how we render things with DOF and blur, improving AA greatly in many areas.

This makes me wonder what Digital foundry found so good about the graphics claiming PS4 Pro has the best graphics and almost rock solid 60fps, you guys don’t seem to agreed with their analysis. That’s why I come here and ask the users to get a second opinion.

This makes me wonder what Digital foundry found so good about the graphics claiming PS4 Pro has the best graphics and almost rock solid 60fps, you guys don’t seem to agreed with their analysis.
Not sure why you are doubting when you can just go watch the DF video yourself? Or any other PC2 PS4 Pro video? Plenty of videos around to check if the horror-stories about the graphics are true or not. And whether you want to wait for the next patch or not.

People moan about the graphics but the last patch 2.0 corrected the shadow flicker that could be seen on the trackside, AA isn't there so it looks rough compared to PC1 but if anybody tells you the graphics in PC2 is worse than PC1 they're smoking tarmac mixed with a bit of cement because they're trying to tell you that somehow the graphics engine that was used in PC1 which has been tweaked and improved to include more effects is worse, even Digital Foundry says it has more in for about the same level of performance and I'm using a standard PS4 and agree with them, I'm not interested in rainy weather so performance doesn't affect me.

As for offline play it's pretty much more of the same like PC1 although I mostly play online

Last edited:
Games that are complete and free of issues never disappeared, they're just usually bumped out of the gaming media spotlight by the big-money publishers who are primarily responsible for the sort of broken games you're describing. ;)

As much as I enjoyed PCars 1, I wish I'd waited to buy PCars 2. I still could've wrung a few more months enjoyment out of it. It's hard to go back to PCars 1 now, because PCars 2 is superior. But the bugs are frustrating. Another patch or two and PCars should be rocking! My recommendation would be to give it a little while, and look forward to good things to come. (PS4 user)

People moan about the graphics but the last patch 2.0 corrected the shadow flicker that could be seen on the trackside, AA isn't there so it looks rough compared to PC1 but if anybody tells you the graphics in PC2 is worse than PC1 they're smoking tarmac mixed with a bit of cement because they're trying to tell you that somehow the graphics engine that was used in PC1 which has been tweaked and improved to include more effects is worse, even Digital Foundry says it has more in for about the same level of performance and I'm using a standard PS4 and agree with them, I'm not interested in rainy weather so performance doesn't affect me.

As for offline play it's pretty much more of the same like PC1 although I mostly play online
Its as clear as day PCars 2 has been massively downgraded compared to the first game. PCars 1 was a great looking title while PCars 2 looks really bad...Just look at the screens on this thread...Also there was close to a 30 page thread on the official forums saying the exact same thing before the mods closed it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ing-for-1080p-screen-users-on-ps4-pro.359374/

and those are pro screens...

It's a great game, good physics, lots of cars, tracks, multiclass racing, decent offline. It just needs more bugs ironed out. If polish is a major concern, I say wait, if you can deal with the bugs until it's patched, go for it.

As for the graphics. .. not the prettiest but it doesn't need to be. It has more content and is more ambitious then the competitors. It shouldn't be penalized for that. But that's just my opinion

Thanks again, so much info, but no mention on the DS4 controller? Better than PC1?

I have no choice but to use a controller, my wife does not want anymore junk in our living room ( condo living, small space )

Thanks again, so much info, but no mention on the DS4 controller? Better than PC1?

I have no choice but to use a controller, my wife does not want anymore junk in our living room ( condo living, small space )
I mentioned it. It’s much better. I couldn’t play with the controller in pCARS 1, it’s much better and playable in pCARS 2.

I recommend convince your wife to make a compromise and let you take out the wheel just for a while. I use Playseat Challenge that is easy to setup and put away in storage when needed. The wheel is attached to it as well.

I mentioned it. It’s much better. I couldn’t play with the controller in pCARS 1, it’s much better and playable in pCARS 2.

I recommend convince your wife to make a compromise and let you take out the wheel just for a while. I use Playseat Challenge that is easy to setup and put away in storage when needed. The wheel is attached to it as well.

I will check that out, on the other hand happy wife happy life, people do say that?

I will check that out, on the other hand happy wife happy life, people do say that?
Totally :) I’m just saying the wheel with this game (and AC, if you have it) is just excellent, so maybe worth discussing with her and see if you can come up with a compromise.

I would put some very serious thought as to how much money and effort you want to put into a rig setup for this game!!!!

If anything, try it with the controller first. See if you can tolerate the menus, tune saving, AI, online connectivity. If you really love the game, then get a wheel.

But under no circumstances would I recommend buying a wheel for this game without testing the game first.

Edit: and if you love PC1 that much, just stick with it for a couple/few more months. Pick up PC2 at a discounted price, and hopefully many issues will be fixed.

Totally :) I’m just saying the wheel with this game (and AC, if you have it) is just excellent, so maybe worth discussing with her and see if you can come up with a compromise.
Plenty of wheelstands available that you can fold up when you're done (I'm using one too) and take relatively little space. 👍

My advice would be to wait a few more patches. The game is not unplayable but it has a lot of annoying issues. But if you can live with bugs and you can handle the frustration they cause, buy it, if you consider the amount of content that it offers it is worth it even with bugs.

Its as clear as day PCars 2 has been massively downgraded compared to the first game. PCars 1 was a great looking title while PCars 2 looks really bad...Just look at the screens on this thread...Also there was close to a 30 page thread on the official forums saying the exact same thing before the mods closed it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ing-for-1080p-screen-users-on-ps4-pro.359374/

and those are pro screens...
I disagree and those look like night time screens to me, hardly clear as day.

If you can wait that long* the fully patched Game Of The Year version with all the extra added content is going to be the one to get. I bought the GOTY PC1 recently and I'm very happy with it. It was on offer too, can't beat a bargain.

*Although PC3 might be on the horizon by then. :)

Back