Love the new front page layout!

While the new layout looks quite nice, there is one option that I really miss.

@Jordan
Is it possible to add back the 'Forums -> Yadayada' buttons to the bottom of threads?

While the new layout looks quite nice, there is one option that I really miss.

@Jordan
Is it possible to add back the 'Forums -> Yadayada' buttons to the bottom of threads?

Do you mean this? It's at the top of the page.

Skärmbild (126).png

Yes, I miss it at the bottom. Made life/browsing GTP easier. :P
It's at the top of the page no matter how much you scroll (unless you opt to disable it). It's a sticky window.

It's at the top of the page no matter how much you scroll (unless you opt to disable it). It's a sticky window.
Indeed, but sometimes it was just far easier to click the bottom one.

But i'll just have to adapt to it I guess.

Love the look of the new design! Funnily enough, I've already said to @NP that I would appreciate a more modern and generally more material-like/minimalistic look for GTP, and here we are!

Sorry, but I don't like the look of the site. It looks very wrong to me & is making me feel boss eyed or something.

:(

Usually any sort of design change, whether I like it or not takes me days or weeks to adjust it - this took about 5-10 mins mostly so that can only be a good sign! 👍

@Jordan I'm having a bit of trouble reading on the forum front page - the text seems smaller but is also bolder, so it all looks a bit squished. The new sticky bar also suffers from this a bit, as well as subforum pages, and members who have long usernames beside their posts.

What old vs. new looks like for me, for reference (viewed on an 11.6" screen). Easily solved by zooming in, but thought I should probably let you know anyway.

One more small issue - having Northern Ireland as my location isn't displaying the flag beside my posts like it used to (everyone else's flag is displaying fine though).

Last edited:
VBR
Sorry, but I don't like the look of the site. It looks very wrong to me & is making me feel boss eyed or something.

:(

That's my first reaction as well. Need to give it a few days to find the good parts about the change.

Another small issue - having Northern Ireland as my location isn't displaying the flag beside my posts like it used to (everyone else's flag is displaying fine though).

Yeah, but technically you don't HAVE a national flag! ;) :D

That's my first reaction as well. Need to give it a few days to find the good parts about the change.

It's growing on me... I just find that because I use the site mostly on a 32" HD monitor I'm having to look around a lot further to find links and look from one side of a post to another. I'll be alright in a couple of days, it's my Aspergers! :D

@Jordan One issue I'm having is when I want to tag someone and the list of potential members pops up -- the highlighted one is almost the exact same color as the others (could be my crappy screen).

Also, future request -- Dark Mode/theme :D . Great work though, the front page in particular looks so cool.

One feature I miss is the spot where you can hover the mouse to see how many posts you have in a thread. Is there an easy way (other than entering the thread and searching) to find that?

Now only if we can get coloured names. That would be ideal.
I still want a pink name. :D

It looks beautiful. I think the search bar could do without the outline and rounded corners as it currently seems out of place.

One feature I miss is the spot where you can hover the mouse to see how many posts you have in a thread. Is there an easy way (other than entering the thread and searching) to find that?
Hover your mouse over your avatar* that appears in the corner of the thread starters avatar next to the thread name.

* I know you don't have one but it should still appear there.

Thanks for the effort.
I'm sure it will reveal improvements as I use it. This is no closed beta, I am sure. :gtpflag:

@Jordan

I've noticed a few times now that hitting save while editing a post results in what looks like a double post until a refresh. Possibly a bug only affecting me.

Disabling the "sticky" header is something I had been considering before launch. I wanted to see just how many people have problems with it.
There's this cool feature Wikia has where whenever you scroll down, the hideous header hides itself, but whenever you scroll back up, even just a little, it pops back out. Maybe you could do something along those lines? It's a nice halfway point between having a floating header and not having one.

(I know; I'm as amazed as you are that Wikia's done something right for a change.)

Back