Love the new front page layout!

I find the point for online status for too small and dark.
What do you think about that:

View attachment 652524
Even a better idea for online status.
On this picture I'm offline and my name is in normal blue color:

Offline.png

On this picture I'm online and my name is in green color which shows that I am online:

Online.png

Last edited:
Based on my personal impressions, @Jordan always strives for a cleaner, more optimized and overall better look and it's definitely showing. I'm loving the fresh, modern website. 👍

I've figured out what's causing me the problem. It's mainly the new red colour. It's so loud & lairy, looks almost fluorescent. It feels like I'm being poked in the eye, & I just can't tollerate it. The new blue colour isn't as bad, but is still making me feel ill. I also find the text hard to read, it's as if it doesn't respond to the Clear Type that I have enabled on my Win XP.

Here's a screen shot of what it looks like on my browser, is this what you guys are seeing as well?

GTP1.jpg

Couple of good things I like:
- Forum page feels a lot wider now and less claustrophobic
- Everything seems to load much faster
- Loving the fact that the headers (Forums > Off topic > Site support) stays in place when you scroll down. I jump around between lots of subforums so this makes things SO much quicker.

Couple of things I don't like (or still getting used to):
- News page isn't linear. Probably my biggest gripe and my OCD showing (as usual lol). I'd like to have the more recent articles in sequential order please. Not in most popular order as it is right now. At least have the option to toggle it?
- The Games/Cars/Racing additional dropdowns at the top. Much prefer the old News/Forums/Store only as it looks cleaner and less cluttered.

Things I'm neutral about:
- The boxes for icons (Like, Quote, Reply, etc) are boxier now with sharp edges. Kinda makes GTP feels a bit "cold". I think the new colour scheme also plays a part (less yellow and red in the forum headers). Makes the site look more professional but less "homey" if that makes sense. Time will make me get used to this though.

EDIT: I'd also love to see a thread with a screenshot of the main page and forum page showing how GTP has changed throughout the years.

Last edited:
News page isn't linear. Probably my biggest gripe and my OCD showing (as usual lol). I'd like to have the more recent articles in sequential order please. Not in most popular order as it is right now.
I'm looking at the news home page right now and the most recent post is top and centre, with the next three most recent posts below it in time order from left to right. Below that is a 'trending now' box, with most popular posts, but below that is all of the remaining posts in date order from top to bottom.

If I click on any subcategory - car culture, motorsport, FH3 - it's the same, with the most recent post top and centre and the next three most recent posts below from left to right, but then no 'trending now' box and all of the remaining posts below in date order from top to bottom.

I noticed that if you didnt online for more than a month, the "Last Activity" on the profile popout simply disappears.

Hello @Jordan
Taking a bit of getting use to too with the whole new look but the red is not as nice has it used to be on the banners?
Any chance we could have a choice of colours, Maybe a red like you have plus an option to change from our end into a blue like below.
You know how people like choice, It gives you a chance to appeal to the masses rather than throw just one colour at us.
Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• blue look.png
    blue look.png
    30 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Managed to browse the site for a while today without going boss eyed & getting a headache. YAY!

Maybe I'm getting used to it after all. Still don't like it though.

I'm looking at the news home page right now and the most recent post is top and centre, with the next three most recent posts below it in time order from left to right. Below that is a 'trending now' box, with most popular posts, but below that is all of the remaining posts in date order from top to bottom.

If I click on any subcategory - car culture, motorsport, FH3 - it's the same, with the most recent post top and centre and the next three most recent posts below from left to right, but then no 'trending now' box and all of the remaining posts below in date order from top to bottom.

The trending now box is the problem. It's numbered 1-6 in order of most commented on, not the time order it's posted. I noticed this first day after the website changed because the posts from previous day were out of order. It doesn't matter in the long run because all posts will filter downwards in sequential order, just a bit annoying at first. It's no big deal really, but I just thought the old single file vertical order looks cleaner and tidier. Yes, I know I'm boring like that.

Just realized on mobile or any compact screen there's really no way to tell who has the latest post in a thread. Just says the post time. I think on the previous version is showed the avatar of the most recent poster, but at the moment it shows your avatar if you've posted and the avatar of the OP.

Just realized on mobile or any compact screen there's really no way to tell who has the latest post in a thread. Just says the post time. I think on the previous version is showed the avatar of the most recent poster, but at the moment it shows your avatar if you've posted and the avatar of the OP.
The latest poster name will return in a future update.
Yes, as Northstar said, it indicates a thread has been moved.

So it turns out that you'll going to double post if you post from Opera Mini, even if you press the "Post Reply" button once without rush.

Guess the browser is not supported now, then.

@Jordan is this something you're able to/will be addressing? Thanks!
Yes. I've not been able to address many bugs, thanks to E3 and personal obligations and travel since the show, but I should get to them over the next few weeks.
So it turns out that you'll going to double post if you post from Opera Mini, even if you press the "Post Reply" button once without rush.

Guess the browser is not supported now, then.
I'm not aware of any modifications to the new template which would cause that to happen, for any browser. Nevertheless, Opera (all versions) contribute a very, very small minority of traffic to the site, so it's not something I will be investigating further at this time.

Why the new Seasonal Events not announced no more ..? That's like the only desire for me to power on the PS3 -.- Please announce again ..

OK, I'm used to it now. The red colour is no longer giving me a headache & making me feel bosseyed!

:lol:

Nearly dead thread revival!

Just wanted to say thanks to @Jordan for making the site so quick and so low overhead. I can browse for quite a while on data so long as I avoid picture heavy threads and I won't use more than 2 MB and often 1 MB. Being premium helps but boy is this ever nice, and I'll repeat as most do about the activity being on the header, I love that.

Back