Love the new front page layout!

The Alerts tab (when hovered over) no longer gives a number of total alerts.
Edit: Nevermind I just noticed it!

Also, thanks for giving the option for the sticky. It would be nice if it reverted back to the original where it's on top and bottom but just top is okay. More room the better.

I think the default font isn't as easy to read, especially in long posts, as the previous one.

I'm quickly getting used to it in posts (where the font size seems slightly bigger now, which helps) but in areas of the site where text is smaller, it definitely seems harder to make out than before.

Another minor thing..........page numbers don't fit inside the buttons for threads with 100+ pages.

e2Z1X7r.png

(Literally awful 0/10 wouldn't GTP again :P)

There's this cool feature Wikia has where whenever you scroll down, the hideous header hides itself, but whenever you scroll back up, even just a little, it pops back out. Maybe you could do something along those lines? It's a nice halfway point between having a floating header and not having one.

(I know; I'm as amazed as you are that Wikia's done something right for a change.)
Options don't hurt, but man, that's twice as annoying as a normal sticky header! Especially on Wikia on the Wii U browser, when I just want to look up something quick while playing a game, but the header creates broken garbage that partially obscures the content of the page I'm trying to read.

I can't stand anything that sticks or hovers or animates when scrolling a page. I use the Noscript add-on to kill those scripts. Thanks @Jordan for letting us turn the header off. 👍

One thing I find a bit odd, or maybe it's just me, when navigating the top banner thingy, I expected to be taken to that forum, not the relating news.
Only minor thing on first use, with time I'll remeber it doesn't do that. :P

When creating an Avatar, do I still set the background with the E5E5E5 hex code? or should I use white now?

Thanks to all of you who have reported issues so far; I won't be able to address each one of them but they are going on my to-do list and you should see some fixes/changes over the next few days.
On mobile, the icon for notifications is a warning sign. To me, it feels like it communicates that something is wrong, rather than that something exciting happened.

Perhaps a bell would be a better icon?

3513.png

(Not this big though, obviously :P)
I saw someone else mention the icon as well; it's interesting to me that it carries a negative connotation for some of you, but I understand your point. I'll consider some other options.

I like the new site for mobiles, but one feature that hasn't been carried over is the name of the most recent poster in a thread.
Good catch; it will return.
While the new layout looks quite nice, there is one option that I really miss.

@Jordan
Is it possible to add back the 'Forums -> Yadayada' buttons to the bottom of threads?
Although the breadcrumb navigation won't return to the bottom (since it's always at the top), something else will be appearing at the bottom of forum pages soon which should serve roughly the same purpose.
@Jordan I'm having a bit of trouble reading on the forum front page - the text seems smaller but is also bolder, so it all looks a bit squished. The new sticky bar also suffers from this a bit, as well as subforum pages, and members who have long usernames beside their posts.

What old vs. new looks like for me, for reference (viewed on an 11.6" screen). Easily solved by zooming in, but thought I should probably let you know anyway.
What OS and browser are you using? The font isn't rendering too well on your system at those smaller sizes.

What's the difference between "Latest Posts" and "Recent Posts?"

View attachment 652270
The "Latest Posts" view shows you unread threads only — you'll notice all titles are displayed in bold. "Recent Posts" shows you all recent threads, both read and unread.
When creating an Avatar, do I still set the background with the E5E5E5 hex code? or should I use white now?
No, just use white. 👍

I'm not quite sure if I like the thread starter avatars showing in the forum view, especially when my own one is then placed on top of that to indicate that I have posts in the thread in question. It looks... well, messy is probably the correct word and isn't helped by the fact that transparent avatars seem to have the white square on them. Not quite in line with the sleek simplistic look of the rest - which looks good.

A small bug to report, not worth its own thread: the home page layout can be slightly off at times. Check out the cropped items on the first tile:

Screenshot_20170607-204911.png

Chrome on a Nexus 6P running 7.1.2. Happening with the 1st tile only.

Last edited:
I'm happy to report it's my home monitor that's not well ajusted, as the red bars that separate the forum sections are the correct shade of red here on my work computer. 👍

Also, everything is incredibly quick to process, be it loading pages or posting a reply. Good job!

I liked the simplicity and colors of the old design more. In my opinion, the trending section in the middle of the welcome page interrupts cohesion and general sense of overview. The blue color used to indicate the highlighted tab (when pointed by the cursor) and the red color making up the horizontal bars have too much contrast alongside the black menu bar and on the white background. Please consider more relaxed colors for our eyes. Final remark on readability, forum threads with new posts since last refresh were easier to spot before. I believe the plain white background is the culprit here.

The rest should be a matter of getting used to the change.

Last edited:
What OS and browser are you using? The font isn't rendering too well on your system at those smaller sizes.

Windows 8.1, Firefox 53.0.3 (latest version). Also just tried the latest version of Chrome and it's similar, maybe a wee bit cleaner looking. Yeah I thought it might be something to do with my system when I loaded the site in Chrome on Android, using the same screen, and everything is crystal clear (looks fabulous on mobile now 👍).

Looks great overall, good job!

As another poster mentioned, the avatars appearing before a thread title I'm not too keen on. Would a feature to disable/hide that in the future be feasible?

Although the breadcrumb navigation won't return to the bottom (since it's always at the top), something else will be appearing at the bottom of forum pages soon which should serve roughly the same purpose.

Is it going to be a [Go to Top] button, or a dropbox navigation menu????? or something else???? :eek: :scared:

Great work anyway @Jordan 👍

Thanks to all of you who have reported issues so far; I won't be able to address each one of them but they are going on my to-do list and you should see some fixes/changes over the next few days.

I saw someone else mention the icon as well; it's interesting to me that it carries a negative connotation for some of you, but I understand your point. I'll consider some other options.
You should use this as the alerts icon.

m17-slider01.png

:lol:

Could you please add something to remind people what forum threads they are currently reading? The thread title being visible within the threads will do, thanks.

I find the point for online status for too small and dark.

I'd like to add that the grey navigation bar in the forum is too narrow and the font is too small. Same goes for the yellow icons showing number of pages in forum threads.

Last edited:
Could you please add something to remind people what forum threads they are currently reading? The thread being title visible within the threads will do, thanks.
The title is displayed at the top of every page in a thread.

Could you please add something to remind people what forum threads they are currently reading? The thread title being visible within the threads will do, thanks.

The title is displayed at the top of every page in a thread.

How about adding the title of the thread at the end of the directories? Like this:

fpl.png

Additionally, perhaps clicking that title link could take you to the first post of the thread? In many cases you are required or asked to read the first post of a thread before you contribute with a post and such a link could be a quick way to get there.

How about adding the title of the thread at the end of the directories? Like this:

View attachment 652544

That's what I was looking for at first. Scroll down some posts, get distracted, and suddenly you don't remember which thread you're in. The thread title at the top of the page is fine, but more than often removed from plain sight.

Back