Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here it goes-my first review!
'69 Camaro
This car was built in loving memory of our dear friend Bob, an up and coming b-spec racer that lost his life while driving another '69 Camaro with an inferior set-up at Deep Forest Raceway.
Not wanting Bob's tragedy to be in vein our team decided to rebuild the old beast that took our friends life. Instead of sending it off to another mom-n-pop's shop we decided to pull out all the stops to commemorate our fallen comrade. We called in the legendary Mad Finn Tuners to resurrect the old steel horse that led to Bob's untimely departure, to make it driveable,not like the boat it was before but as a more manageable, stable ride. But we also wanted to retain the power we had before. It wasn't a small task but the world renown tuners were up for it.
A week later i got the call to meet them at the track for the unveiling of their work. We arrived at Grand Valley Speedway to see their work...

Sorry for the double post, think I hit my character limit?
Part 2: We arrived at Grand Valley Speedway to see their finely crafted machine painted in Plum Crazy and sporting the number 11 in memory of Bob, That was his number. Leo tossed me the keys and I got in. Upon starting the car I could tell it was not the same as before. I shifted it in gear and took off. Immediately I could feel the difference. It was more responsive the gears were set up perfect. It turned with such ease. I felt it could keep up with cars of half its age so I started to push a little harder. And then I found it, the understeer that was so prevalent before. Only slightly a hint of it though, and only when I asked too much of the old gal. I also began to see that i could brake alot later than before shaving seconds off my laptimes ultimately achieving a time of 1'52.447. When all is said and done, a modern race car it is not. But a nimble, responsive,quality ride it is, worthy of commemorating our friend Bob,

Thanks for the review! Character limit? Are you typing that from a phone or such? :odd: Anyway, old rules apply. PM a request to me if you have a car in mind that needs a tune.

No, I used my playstation. Don't know why, but it wouldn't let me enter anymore text?

I think I have something in mind. Thanks in advance!

Greycap
That's a very interesting (and confusing) trick, adding more weight to the rear should make it even more oversteery. The brakes I understand but the weight simply doesn't make sense as it increases the pendulum effect. Not that it ever becomes an easy car to drive, no matter what you do to it!

cryptomanic - Just wait and see what I'll come up with to accompany it!

GTAndy36 - The stablemate, the Group A Evolution, gets the same result with even more of the fun factor. Loose is fast, at least in this case.

If you need someone to write a review for the LFA, I will be more than happy. Just send the vehicle to crypto-manic.

We'll take that under consideration. It is fairly hairy and snappy beast..

Indeed. Well, it will be published.. [K.Yamauchi]"soon"[/K.Yamauchi] :D

Indeed. Well, it will be published.. [K.Yamauchi]"soon"[/K.Yamauchi] :D
:lol: so, when will I drive this GT5 in a GT5?[/Inception]

:D And lemme guess, you've thrown in the towel on the HSR II. :lol: The mad finns have been defeated!

Oh, no it hasn't. It's been a target of several ideas, which are taking it to correct direction.

Oh, no it hasn't. It's been a target of several ideas, which are taking it to correct direction.
:lol: Are you giving birth to some MFT Frankenstein or something? And what are these 'ideas'? Do they all involve killing me by wrapping me around a tree because I suck at driving/the car is better than the driver?

More like "The car is hopeless pile of dog turd but it's trying really hard anyways".

More like "The car is hopeless pile of dog turd but it's trying really hard anyways".
Still, better than a R33 :lol: And try taking the turbo off, 600+hp is overkill. I know you're the mad finns, but 600+ in a concept car which is for show offs is always going to be hard to tame, regardless how mad you are with the options.

Pfff, what a wuss.. :P Okay. And if this only were a concept car.. But it isn't. It's a technology demonstrator, meant to show people what nice toys Mitsu was coming up with back then, namely active aerodynamic bodykit and AWD drivetrain with V6 at the other end, and didn't sacrifice a single thought to the actual driving dynamics. Hence why it drives like a RUF CTR2.. I think I might pass this car to Greycap, he has a knack for weird cars such as this.

Pfff, what a wuss.. :P Okay. And if this only were a concept car.. But it isn't. It's a technology demonstrator, meant to show people what nice toys Mitsu was coming up with back then, namely active aerodynamic bodykit and AWD drivetrain with V6 at the other end, and didn't sacrifice a single thought to the actual driving dynamics. Hence why it drives like a RUF CTR2.. I think I might pass this car to Greycap, he has a knack for weird cars such as this.
Hey! I'm making your life easier! I could have requested a Nismo 400R, you know! :lol: Ok, and I'll donate another car for testing. It's also a Nismo. It's the Nismo R34 R-tune! :D Should be familiar ground for you two. Especially with 700+hp :D

GT-R's and HSR-II aren't even on same performance category and you know it.

Mmhmm.. Perhaps.
So, your choice. Either tune (and keep, but release the tune/PM it to me so I can use it as well):
(stock) R34 R-Tune
(modified) R34 R-Tune
(Stock-ish) R32 S-Tune
(Stock) Carbon R

They are all, to a certain extent, GTRs. And they are all one of you favourite breeds of cars. :D

I've tried the setup for my Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione...it's very good ! Really...sorry for my english, its not the best, but really a good work!!!

Review: '73 Lancia
WOW! When I decided to try this tune I failed to notice the expert rating. Nor did I heed the extreme oversteer warning. During my 30 or so minutes at GVS one thing became abundantly clear-this was too much car for me. But that didn't stop me from having a go at it anyway! The car is a blood thirsty maniac. I spent as much time sideways as I did going forward. When I finally managed a clean lap, it was embarrassingly slow. That led me to finally decide to ditch the effort of trying to drive this car as a racecar and drive it for its intended purpose, a coffin on wheels. And I think it is needless to say, I died wearing the biggest smile any man has ever seen. This was the funnest car I've ever driven. I couldn't control it for the life of me without limping about, but I also couldn't control the ear to ear grin I had throughout my time spent with this car either! I think this is an awesome car/tune. And one day I may be a better driver because of it. Keep up the good work guys!!!

You sure? This is one of the very few of my tunes that has easily earned The Red Badge Of Doom.. :mischievous: It will not take any hostages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back