• Thread starter Strittan
  • 337 comments
Use of red filter

First baloonride

Jeet's Base

There are 2 things I miss within photomode:
1. Shutterspeed
2. Highlighted Focus like Driveclub

It's hard to see where the focus is on and unfortunately due to the missing shutterspeed it always seems that the cars aren't on the move. Hopefully they can add some tweaks to photomode.

I'm having a blast with Mad Max. Huge and surprisingly beautiful and varied wasteland (great lighting and post processing effects really make what could have been a drab world, shine), fairly competent arcade racer handling, fun car combat, also entertaining melee combat (even if it borrows wholesale from Batman and Shadows of Mordor) and a ton of things to do (probably too many if you have OCD or are a platinum trophy hunter for other reasons, but personally I have no problems ignoring small side tasks I can't be bothered with).

I'm splitting my time between this and MGS5 at the moment (I'll be right back to DriveClub soon) and having about equal but very different types of fun with both of them.

I have never played SoM or the Batman series and normally I am not a great fan of open world games but Mad Max has me completely hooked. I bought a PS4-pack with MGS5 because it was the only CUH-1216 model. MGS5 is in the box and I really can't be bothered to open that one up. I am very happy with the choice I made for Mad Max.

I agree that the handling is arcade, but the focus is on the car battles and that is hugely entertaining. Upgrading your car is slow but I find it a very rewarding system in the way it has been done.

btw: the warcriers are really funny if you don't kill them instantly :D

I just got this for £10 on PC and I'm really enjoying it so far. My laptop runs it fairly well on the lowest settings with only small amounts of slowdown in busy areas or big fights. It's been a while since I've played something I've really been able to get my teeth into and this fits the bill perfectly!

It's really a very nice game and I don't understand there is almost no interest in this from GTP side. It has cars, it's fun, it has à great world and it looks gorgeous.

Wondering when members hère are going to fall for this.

It's really a very nice game and I don't understand there is almost no interest in this from GTP side. It has cars, it's fun, it has à great world and it looks gorgeous.

Wondering when members hère are going to fall for this.

Must say that I haven't followed the development of the game closely, only caught glimpses here and there, but I'm seriously interested since seeing Nerdcubed's vid about the game.
I'll pick it up on my way home from work.

But I agree that this game manages a bit too well to stay under the radar, on another forum(largest tech forum of the Netherlands) I visit there isn't even a topic for the game, perhaps I'll have to create it.

To be honest they didn't put much effort in marketing the game, as I've seen very little about it in general.
But I don't think a game developed by avalanche studios can be bad as Just Cause is an excellent example.

Last edited:
Haven't seen any marketing for the game here in France. Large banners for MGS5 yes. I have to agree it was not the smartest move to release it with MGS5. However the game does a great job in delivering amusement. I think I have played for 5 to 6 hours up until know and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Normally I am not the biggest fan of open world games but due to the car combat, upgrades and battlesystem combined I am pleasantly surprised. Even if there is a wasteland with loads of sand, it is still very varied. I am spending my time in the first territory and there are so many differences in the landscape, weather, storms, camps and cars that it keeps fresh. I am currently not following the main story.

The explosion are so well done that if gives a lot of satisfaction when you blow up something :D

Quick question before seriously considering this game: are the car controls as stupid as Batman: Arkham Knight's? If it is the same (R2 to accelerate, square to decelerate) then that's something that could put me off.

Default controls work fine but there can be some input lag when driving slowly.

R2 -> accelerate
L2 -> brake/reverse
L1 -> aim
O -> fire
[] -> side attack
X -> boost
/\ -> exit car
LS -> steering
RS -> change part while aiming

The more your Magnum Opus is build the more it improve it's handeling. You can drive different cars in the game which have a different feel.

Last edited:
Default controls work fine but there can be some input lag when driving slowly.

R2 -> accelerate
L2 -> brake/reverse
L1 -> aim
O -> fire
[] -> side attack
X -> boost
/\ -> exit car
LS -> steering
RS -> change part while aiming

The more your Magnum Opus is build the more it improve it's handeling. You can drive different cars in the game which have a different feel.
Ah right, thank god for that!

I now have 1 day and 6 hours of gameplay on this :lol: It's so addictive, it's the first game for years that I've been able to really get into and keep playing over and over. It looks amazing even on low settings:

12001025_10153041278256857_3928932673088595146_o.jpg

The ugly truth is that games based on movies have a very bad track record which is probably why there is little interest. Even if the movie does very well (Mad Max Fury Road is currently at 300 million), that doesn't usually translate to more game sales. That being said, occasionally a game comes along that is the exception to that rule and it sounds like Mad Max could be that exception. I have been eying this thread for the last week and the pics are amazing. This game could be a sleeper hit by Christmas if the people spread the word far enough.

Have the game on the PS4 for more than a week now and must say it's loads of fun and sometimes a little bit frustration.
It looks beautiful, but certainly has it's share of bugs on the PS4, fortunately they are not game breaking bugs but they do tend to break the immersion a bit.

But luckily the fun does outweigh the bugs.

I am LOVING this game. It really is very 'Mad Max'-esque, and the fact that there's Aussie based car designs (XB Coupe, HK Monaro, VH Charger).

Just wish there was more side activities.

I've been enjoying this a lot for the last couple of weeks on PS4. It doesn't seem to get any real recognition anywhere, but it's great fun. Sure the handling is a bit naff, but it does the job.

I've completed Gutgash and Jeet territories and gradually working my way north.

Max is all maxxed out, still got some way to go with the car, not yet got the V8.

I've been enjoying this a lot for the last couple of weeks on PS4. It doesn't seem to get any real recognition anywhere, but it's great fun. Sure the handling is a bit naff, but it does the job.

Max is all maxxed out, still got some way to go with the car, not yet got the V8.

Once you finish the story the game starts to get pretty dull. IMO of course but there's literally nothing to do. The only fun thing is clearing the convoys, but I already did them all..

Yep it's amazing how little attention this game got, I've spent about 200 hours on it and there's still a few side quests left to complete, I don't know how someone could complain about nothing to do.
For an arcade game with battling cars the car handling I think is fairly decent, I wish just cause 3 had car physics even near this good. The car handles very differently according to how you set it up. I change the car layout often, but usually I have the most powerful engine with lightest armour, so it goes like stink, does donuts and a bit of sideways. There's no such thing as a maxxed out car in mad max, everything is a compromise in someway, which makes it much more interesting to me.

Once you finish the story the game starts to get pretty dull. IMO of course but there's literally nothing to do. The only fun thing is clearing the convoys, but I already did them all..

I'm sure it will, but then most open-world games tend to, like Far Cry.

Been loving the game and enjoying it for the most part, but I have an issue and am curious to see if anyone else has it. When I block attacks from armed enemies, there is the action to disarm them by pressing X. The thing is it only seems to work about 1 out of every 10 tries with no pattern or reason to it. It starts to get very troubling when fighting large groups. Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Been loving the game and enjoying it for the most part, but I have an issue and am curious to see if anyone else has it. When I block attacks from armed enemies, there is the action to disarm them by pressing X. The thing is it only seems to work about 1 out of every 10 tries with no pattern or reason to it. It starts to get very troubling when fighting large groups. Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Well you can only disarm one guy at a time. But usually you just press X once it prompts that you can do it.

Back