Maintenance Notice

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 623 comments
Hey, guys, I have an idea: Research.

Similar games in similar genres of games have banned players before. And, that was Forza on Xbox Live, and games like iRacing (I've seen them talking about banned players before) which are way more expensive than GT5.

Again, Forza is on XBL (subscription) and iRacing is an extremely overpriced subscription... And, people were banned.

Game developers don't always care about the monetary income of the games, vs. The integrity of the community and players; basically, Forza/iRacing ban players to make the online experience more pleasurable. And, I assure you, seeing a 3000 hp Civic beating you isn't a pleasurable experience.

Therefore, expect bans.

Hey, guys, I have an idea: Research.

Similar games in similar genres of games have banned players before. And, that was Forza on Xbox Live, and games like iRacing (I've seen them talking about banned players before) which are way more expensive than GT5.

Again, Forza is on XBL (subscription) and iRacing is an extremely overpriced subscription... And, people were banned.

Game developers don't always care about the monetary income of the games, vs. The integrity of the community and players; basically, Forza/iRacing ban players to make the online experience more pleasurable. And, I assure you, seeing a 3000 hp Civic beating you isn't a pleasurable experience.

Therefore, expect bans.

I don't know the numbers for those occasions, though I doubt it was as widespread as it is now in GT5.

Honestly, why risk it? We've all paid more than enough for our online games, why get banned from them? It doesn't make sense. How much fun can a 3000 hp Civic be? Wheelspinning, non-stop, understeering, going slower than a perfectly legal, perfectly fine car... Unless you actually just want to drive a car as fast as possible, in which ever car... I assure you, getting banned from the PD servers won't be worth it.

Yes, but, if they get their chance to take those cars down, or sell them, they probably should take that chance. That's what I'm saying. I'd hate to see a few people banned over ridiculous Civics. People will be stupid, but, I don't think they deserve to be banned.

we didnt do anything wrong. I know it destroys Terms & Service of GT5.

So you see the problem, then.

As MrMel already pointed out; games with smaller online communities, that use a paid subscription, have banned accounts for similar things. There is a precedent, and I somehow doubt the majority of online players have the cars. Banning them could be a short-term solution until a proper checks-based system were put into place to ensure hybrids couldn't be made (or at the very least, played with online).

As someone who dabbled with hybrids throughout the previous games, I'm definitely a fan of them (for reason's like R1600T has mentioned; realistic hybrids, none of this multi-thousand BHP garbage), but I completely understand how they mess with the online system that's currently in place, and if I have to chose between one or the other, I'd much rather have an online racing community free of hacks.

I agree with what you're saying 100%.. I just think once the maintenance has started their's nothing we can do if it has not already been done.

Since the update has been finished for a while now; I'm going back to what I originally was doing in GT5. Collecting every Race Car in all of their colors.

I don't think that banning would do anything. People can just make new accounts or get a new PS3 if it goes to that extent.
I've seen hacked cars online in Forza. Mini's going +270MPH, cars with Veyron engine swaps, etc.

Just patching the hybrids from any online service would be enough. If someone that didn't even develop GT5 can turn any car into a hybrid I don't see how PD would have much trouble fixing it.

im online in the civic now after the update! and it's still as mad as ever :)

Yes we got that the first time 👍

OT: I'm very happy that the PP system has returned to it's less broken state.

Hopefully though PD will have another crack at it.

So hybrids were untouched? :\ * They are veryu pointless so as me a Racer on Nurburgring and 24 Hours of Le Man is fine :D unaffected.

Suppose they don't know about them?

They dont.. I never knew about them till a thread about 3,000HP Civic came. So i jumped in a SSRX Room and bam i saw all these hybrids.... But Us as Racers not Dragers, or cruisers. We dont know about it.

They dont.. I never knew about them till a thread about 3,000HP Civic came. So i jumped in a SSRX Room and bam i saw all these hybrids.... But Us as Racers not Dragers, or cruisers. We dont know about it.

If they knew that the 2.10 PP Changes so upset the community that they had to change it back to 2.09, then they know about the hybrids. It means they either don't have a patch ready for it, or aren't going to do anything about it.

If they knew that the 2.10 PP Changes so upset the community that they had to change it back to 2.09, then they know about the hybrids. It means they either don't have a patch ready for it, or aren't going to do anything about it.

Or perhaps can't do anything about them? I'm pretty sure if it was an easy fix they'd already have done something about it (and ofcourse they're aware of it by now) but perhaps because it's due to jailbroken PS3's and not a glitch in the game it complicates the matter (not that I know what I'm talking about by the way ;))

Or perhaps can't do anything about them? I'm pretty sure if it was an easy fix they'd already have done something about it (and ofcourse they're aware of it by now) but perhaps because it's due to jailbroken PS3's and not a glitch in the game it complicates the matter (not that I know what I'm talking about by the way ;))

No you dont need a CFW to do hybrids... Im friends with the guy who started hybrids.

Back