Major League Baseball: 2011 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 770 comments
Omnis, how do you feel about Pujols taking less money to go to the Angels over the Marlins? Been reading that Miami offered 275 million.

Oh yeah Ryan Braun tested positive for PED's... Ouch.

What do Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder have in common?

Neither one will be with the Brewers on Opening Day!

:ouch:

Omnis, how do you feel about Pujols taking less money to go to the Angels over the Marlins? Been reading that Miami offered 275 million.

Oh yeah Ryan Braun tested positive for PED's... Ouch.

Marlins didn't offer 275 mil. That was a false report. Anyway, I said it on my facebook page: We didn't want Poo Holes stinking up our park anyway!

The Angels suck. Face it: They're going to be destroyed by the Rangers, if not the Yankees every year before they even get to the finals. And if they make it there then the Marlins will sweep.

THIS JUST IN...

Barry Bonds just got booked- 30 days house arrest, two years probation, and 250 hours of community service for federal obstruction of justice conviction. Thoughts?

THIS JUST IN...

Barry Bonds just got booked- 30 days house arrest, two years probation, and 250 hours of community service for federal obstruction of justice conviction. Thoughts?

I forgot he existed honestly. Punishment is probably too lenient.

THIS JUST IN...

The feds never had anything on him. Wasted tax dollars went into a witch hunt. The feds need to get the **** out of sports.

Obstruction of Justice is a serious crime and letting your childhood friend sit in prison for you for three years is the one of the most low-life moves I've ever seen a human make.

Slap on the wrist thanks to a crowded prison system.

Obstruction of Justice is a serious crime and letting your childhood friend sit in prison for you for three years is the one of the most low-life moves I've ever seen a human make.

Would you feel safer if he was in prison? The only people he's hurt is the medias feelings on more then one occasion. Its funny he is guilty of all the cheating in the world yet the man that supplied, and rubbed or injected or whatever him is completely innocent. I think they are both innocent because there was no rule for any of the said substances. But there was a rule for corked bats when Babe Ruth played yet he is still heralded a great player yet being one of the more 'dirty' players to play the game. Same with Andy Pettite... or Ivan Rodriguez... What about Hank Aaron.. Yet he is constantly policing the game "oh, yeah hes ok since hes admitted it" Shut up Aaron, you were on amphetamines a band substance.

Slap on the wrist thanks to a crowded prison system.

He should of never had been in the position in the first place. Its like when a cop searches a house without a warrant or consent, finds some cocaine arrests the person and that person actually has to serve his time. No he should been off the hook.

I say we throw Selig and ever owner at the time in jail for a month and donate $100 million to charities. Because they made BILLIONS.

Look out for the Nationals. America's favorite poor grammar team has traded for Gio Gonzalez.

Washington Receives:
LHP Gio Gonzalez (26)

Oakland Receives:
RHP A.J. Cole (19)
RHP Brad Peacock (23)
C Derek Norris (22)
LHP Tommy Milone (24)

Who the hell is Gio Gonzalez?
Looks like the got DeRosa too...

Gio Gonzalez is the young ace from the Oakland A's. He was drafted by the White Sox in 2005 and then bounced between the Phillies, the White Sox (again) and was traded for Nick Swisher in 2007 when he went to the A's.

Diamondbacks have been busy trading over the last few weeks. Picked up a few top names, really looking forward to the 2012 season. 👍

Oh, and the VIP tour of Chase Field as rather nice too. :sly:

Prosthetic I'm hoping to making a trip down to San Francisco next summer here. What do decent seats cost at a Giant's game?

I know at Safeco I can pay $35ish a ticket and sit in the lower level along the foul line in the outfield, is it similar there?

And Oakland continues their trading frenzy.

Oakland Receives:
OF Josh Reddick (24)
3B Miles Head (20)
RHP Raul Alcantara (19)

Boston Receives:
RHP Andrew Bailey (27)
OF Ryan Sweeney (26)

Prosthetic I'm hoping to making a trip down to San Francisco next summer here. What do decent seats cost at a Giant's game?

I know at Safeco I can pay $35ish a ticket and sit in the lower level along the foul line in the outfield, is it similar there?

The Giants sold out every single home game last year, $35 will give you decent upper deck seats. For less you can get bleach tickets which are still pretty good seats and its an awesome environment out there (if your a Giants fan hah!) Lower level seats are are going to cost at least 50-60. Per, depending on where your at. Its all very progressive and changes a lot. You can't go to wrong at AT&T its a small park with a great view, just about any seat is good even the nose bleeds. You will have lots of fun, its a very family friendly environment and the food is awesome.

And Oakland continues their trading frenzy.

Boston sure gave up a lot for a reliever.. :S A's win hands down.

But now we get to hear Billy Beane cry about how the greedy Giants forced him to trade his HoF players away.

My favorite tickets for a Diamondbacks games are the outfield bleachers, which get's you a nice seat, hotdog and soda for $19. 👍

My favorite tickets for a Diamondbacks games are the outfield bleachers, which get's you a nice seat, hotdog and soda for $19. 👍

A bit off-topic, but how is the mall at Chase Field?

Prosthetic
The Giants sold out every single home game last year, $35 will give you decent upper deck seats. For less you can get bleach tickets which are still pretty good seats and its an awesome environment out there (if your a Giants fan hah!) Lower level seats are are going to cost at least 50-60. Per, depending on where your at. Its all very progressive and changes a lot. You can't go to wrong at AT&T its a small park with a great view, just about any seat is good even the nose bleeds. You will have lots of fun, its a very family friendly environment and the food is awesome.

I don't know anybody that's been to that park before but that sounds good.

God I wish the Jays had a fighting chance at the playoffs. It's hard to get into watching them when you know the result every year.

The Mariners are the closest team to me and well they can't do much but go up :lol:

Not that I'm aware of. There's a Fridays restaurant inside that's open 365 days a year.

Chase-Field-TGI-Fridays-I.jpg

I don't know anybody that's been to that park before but that sounds good.

God I wish the Jays had a fighting chance at the playoffs. It's hard to get into watching them when you know the result every year.

The Mariners are the closest team to me and well they can't do much but go up :lol:

Jays aren't far away from being a contender though. If Rasmus can finally breakout and Lind can comeback that would solidify a nice middle of the order. They need to bring up those prospects in the Marcum and Holladay trades and turn em into something.

As for the Mariners.. they have a bunch of ****** contracts. Figgins is trash now and Ichiro looks to be done. But we'll see how he will rebound but he is up there in age. Ackley and Smoak need to live up to expectations if the Mariners want to sniff .500.

Back