Major League Baseball: 2014 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 986 comments
It's James Shields (KC) vs. Madison Bumgarner (SF) tonight as Game 5 of the 2014 World Series is tonight. The series is tied 2-2. The pressure will be on whomever loses this game once the series heads back to Kansas City. Who'll get the advantage? We'll see tonight.

And their PR guy lied to the newspaper and gave a false quote saying that MM hates the Marlins and just does it to be on TV

Devastating news out of the Dominican Republic on the night of game 5 of the World Series. Cardinals OF Oscar Taveras, 22, has died in a car accident.

In non World Series news... Oscar Taveras, Cardinals outfielder and top prospect has died in a car accident at 22. Rest In Peace.

It's been awhile since we've lost an MLB player during the postseason. Last time was Cory Lidle.

I was stunned when I heard the terrible news about Tavares this morning. Great kid, had a promising future in the game and the world at his feet. Tragic loss...

Very sad to learn of Oscar Taveras' death. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and all whom have known and loved him.

On a different note, I found out the Giants got that psychological advantage with a 5-0 blanking of the Kansas City Royals. When the 2014 World Series resumes on Tuesday in Kansas City, the Royals may see the World Series crown go over to San Francicsco. Kansas City must win Game 6 to make this a seven-game series. If not, the Giants will tower over Kansas City and the rest of Major League Baseball as champions. Again.

I missed most of the Game 5(effing EST TV schedule I saw), and I didn't learn about Oscar Taveras & his girlfriend until I was checking the news headlines later in the evening. Way too young. I am however glad he had his moment in the post season(that homer!). My thoughts are with their families. Very sad day for Cardinals fans, baseball fans in general. RIP.

It's Game 6 tonight of the 2014 World Series. The title will be won in Kansas City, Missouri; but who will the Show-Me State see win the title? It could be San Francisco tonight if Kansas City loses tonight. KC must win to make this series go the full seven-game distance. Pitching probables for tonight are Jake Peavy (SF) vs. Yordano Ventura (KC).

New champion or one more game? We'll see tonight.

10-0 in the 7th. I think this one is just about out of hand.

Speaking of hands, apparently Jose Canseco shot his own hand today.

10-0 in the 7th. I think this one is just about out of hand.

Speaking of hands, apparently Jose Canseco shot his own hand today.
Shot off his middle finger. How fitting.
We're in the 4th quarter now, Giants need a touchdown with 2pt conversion and a FG to win it...

The most exciting game in all of sports, in my opinion. Game 7 of the World Series. Best of luck to both teams! Thanks for making this such a good series to watch.

Game 7 was forced with authority as Kansas City won 10-0 against San Francisco in Game 6 of the World Series last night.

I'm mentioning the wrong sport, but tonight is like the Super Bowl of Major League Baseball. Winner takes all tonight in Kansas City, Missouri for this final game of the season. Will it be the San Francisco Giants or the Kansas City Royals who will be the 2014 champions? The action for Game 7 of the 2014 World Series is tonight in Kansas City, and it will be Tim Hudson (SF) dealing for San Francisco while Jeremy Guthrie (KC) will take the bump for the Royals.

Regardless of whether it's San Francisco or Kansas City, congratulations to the champion once Game 7 is complete. Good luck to both teams.

Except to see Bumgarner tonight as well.

Last edited:
Who?

You're thinking of the Red Bull sky diver.

Madison "MadBum" Bumgarner. That is all. World Series AND Playoffs MVP. No question.

I was off by a letter or two. It's not a common name.

But he deserves the praise and accolades.

Great game. Down to the wire. Awesome series.

Back