Major League Baseball: 2016 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 729 comments
So the Cubbies dropped another one? Dang... 7-2 Indians beat down of the Cubs. The Cubs will have to try again next season unless they pull off an epic forcing of Game 7. The winner for CLE was Corey Kluber. CHC's loser was one of my fellow members of the John brotherhood, John Lackey.

Game 5 of World Series 2016 is Sunday. Will it be Championship Sunday for Cleveland, or will the Cubs' season last one more day? We'll find out after this Sunday night on the north side of Chicago.

Coming from a Cubs fan......Cleveland has this! My Cubs dropped the ball. I mistakenly expected them to win 2 of 3 at home but I am happy we made it to the WS!

The Cleveland Indians have won the 2016 World Series! ...not quite. The season lasts one more day as the Chicago Cubs won 3-2 in Chicago. The Cubs will need to win Game 6 to force a Game 7. Conversely, the Cleveland Indians will need to win Game 6 to become champions of the 2016 season of Major League Baseball. Jon Lester was the winning pitcher for CHC. Former Cincinnati Red Aroldis Chapman got the Save for the Cubbies. Trevor Bauer was the loser for Cleveland.

Game 6 of the 2016 World Series is this Tuesday in Cleveland. And if we go to Game 7, Game 7 will be on this Wednesday in Cleveland.

Right now on "The Doug Gottlieb Show," peoples' perceptions of the late José Fernandez are changing with the notion of how cocaine and alcohol (twice the legal limit) was in his system in the boating accident that claimed the life of himself and two others. The story is almost being treated as if Fernandez did steroids. So while this is surely a tragic incident, some people are now looking at José Fernandez like he threw away his life and his career by taking in cocaine. Have your thoughts on Fernandez changed with the news on him from news and autopsy reports?

This is all a sad story; but on a much lighter note, we still have the 2016 World Series to settle. Cleveland's up 3-2 in the series as the final game (or games) played in Cleveland starting Tuesday for Game 6. Potential Game 7 will be on Wednesday should this World Series go the seven-game distance.

Just sayin'. ;)

14606383_1415246025188816_8021277100780343067_n.jpg

No Marlins did a bunch of coke got wasted and died that year though.

This season could end tonight. That is, if the Cubs fail to win tonight. Tonight's pitching duel for Game 6 2016 World Series involves Jake Arrieta (CHC) vs. Josh Tomlin (CLE). A win by the Chicago Cubs will mark the first time since 1997 that the road team forced a Game 7 in the World Series. And what road team forced a Game 7 in the World Series? The Cleveland Indians.

Good luck to both teams. And if Cleveland wins tonight, congratulations on winning the championship.

[OMISSION] New York Mets relief pitcher Jeurys Familia was arrested last night for domestic abuse charges. Here is a piece on Yahoo! Sports with more info on this situation: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report...ed-on-domestic-violence-charge-195113350.html

Last edited:
Buckle up, baby! We got Game 7! The Chicago Cubs tripled up the Cleveland Indians with a 9-3 victory. One more day. The big factor was a Grand Slam by the Cubbies in the Top of the 3rd. That put the Cubbies up 7-0 on the Tribe. The game ended up with the score of 9-3. Your winner for the Cubs was Jake Arrieta. Your loser for the Indians was Josh Tomlin.

Well... now the plot thickens. One more time in Cleveland. Either the Chicago Cubs or Cleveland Indians will experience something they never experienced in decades- being atop the food chain in Major League Baseball. One of these two "C's" will be champions of the 2016 World Series.

Pitching duel tomorrow: Kyle Hendricks (CHC) vs. Corey Kluber (CLE). Pardon the cliché, but winner takes all. Game 7 tomorrow night. Buckle up, buttercup. We're going for a ride!

I picked the Indians to win in 6. I'm guessing that isn't happening.

I'm still going with the Indians to win the Fall Classic. If they choke, I'll laugh like a maniac. No team should ever choke that bad, although with all the stuff that the sports outlets are saying about, "Cubs haven't won since 1908." and that stuff, I won't be surprised. They have this odd knack for predicting winners simply by repeatedly mentioning statistics about them.

I really didn't get why Maddon stuck with Chapman. I know you're facing elimination, but blowing a 7 run lead is really hard.

One last day of the season. One last game. One last "PLAY BALL!" this season. World Series tied 3-3. Winner becomes this season's champions; loser will have to hope to return to this level next season. Some team will hoist the Commissioner's Trophy. Either way, either the Chicago Cubs or the Cleveland Indians will get the feeling neither team has experienced lately- being atop the Major League Baseball mountain. Being that team to beat. Will the city of Cleveland see their Indians win it all at home, or will the Chicago Cubs win it all in Cleveland?

Tonight's pitching match: Kyle Hendricks (CHC) vs. Corey Kluber (CLE).

Good luck to both teams, and congratulations to whomever wins the 2016 World Series.

Hendricks is now the pitcher of record. He pitched four and two thirds innings of one run ball. Jon Lester is in the cubbies pen. Kluber went 4 full and allowed four earned runs on six hits and has a hit batsman on his ledger tonight. Miller, Kluber's reliever, has allowed an earned run in an inning.

Chi Cubs
Hendricks's final line: 4.2IP 4H 2R 1ER 1BB 2K 0HR 1.00ERA
Lester's final line: 3.1IP 4H 1R 0ER 1BB 4K 0HR 3.07ERA
Chapman's final line:

Indians
Kluber's final line: 4.0IP 6H 4ER 1hit by pitch 0K 2HR 2.81ERA
Miller's final line: 2.1IP 4H 2ER 1BB 1K 1HR 3.52ERA
Allen's final line: 2.0IP 0H 0R 0ER 1BB 2K 0.00ERA
Shaw's final line:

WP:
LP:
SV:

Last edited:
First mistake was taking Hendricks out.

I think it started last night when he rolled Chapman out last night when it was 9-2. The, ya, taking Hendricks out was stupid, then taking Lester out was dumb, then bunting with two strikes, the list goes on. I get he doesn't trust his bullpen but you have Jake Arrieta, roll him out.

***Oh for god's sake, you're putting the tarp on the field?

Back