Makeshift Shuffle Club - Time Trials & Testing for club car lists - all welcomeOpen 

Cars being considered for a club spec 1-make list (tuning prohibited) (cars to have ready)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think both Mercs have combo steer.

Also the Mitsubishi Eclipse from the new list has terrible combo steer as well. :eek:

And yeah, that's fine. I would like to get an average to above average driver to test them on a tight track is all. (ie: not me)

I have decided to give the luxury motors a run at Suzuka East:

My results for the first few at Suzuka East:

55.673 -- Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 = GTsail9
56.014 -- Lexus IS F '07 = GTsail9
56.182 -- BMW M3 Coupe '07 = GTsail9
56.277 -- BMW Z8 '01 = GTsail9
56.646 -- Jaguar XFR '10 = GTsail9
56.740 -- Maserati GranTurismo S '08 = GTsail9
56.852 -- Aston Martin Vanquish '04 = GTsail9
57.061 -- Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02 = GTsail9

57.221 -- Jaguar S-Type R '02 = GTsail9
57.304 -- BMW 135i Coupe '07 = GTsail9
57.460 -- Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08 = GTsail9
58.221 -- Audi S4 '03 = GTsail9
58.327 -- Infiniti G35 Coupe '06 = GTsail9
58.681 -- Chrysler 300C '05 = GTsail9
58.752 -- Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG '00 = GTsail9
58.982 -- Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 = GTsail9

The Audi S4 is a nice car to drive but it does exhibit understeer going thru all the esses at Suzuka. Not excessive, but more than you would desire, so this slows the Audi down. It would probably eat its front tires in an Endurance race quicker than the other cars.

The Mercedes C63 AMG '08 really wants to turn, and I had to be really careful not to have its rear break loose into an oversteer drift.:eek:

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
@GTsail290 You think the C63 really wants to turn, try the Z8. :mischievous:

Anyway, this is top speeds I gathered today (unless noted, they did not redline or reach their limit):

(207 mph) Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
(211 mph)# BMW M3 Coupe '07
(216 mph) Aston Martin Vanquish '04
(215 mph) Lexus IS F '07
(219 mph) Jaguar XFR '10
(196 mph)# BMW Z8 '01 BONUS
(211 mph) Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
(211 mph) Maserati GranTurismo S '08
(225 mph)* Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
(189 mph)# BMW 135i Coupe '07
(200 mph)# Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG '00 BONUS
(192 mph)* Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
(188 mph) Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07
(195 mph) Chrysler 300C '05

*Gear Limited
#Redline

And, this is my finished table, including 4 new cars I added. I tested them because I felt that gradation between the 135i and the other cars was a big gap (30pp or so, though that is not always a good judge - and over a second difference in lap time). I also tested 2 other cars but eliminated them. The Audi RS6 '02 has so much understeer, it is very..."Please bow your heads in remembrance of the front tires that gave their lives for this lap". So it's not on the list, and the Aston Martin DB7 Vantage '00 is a wonky handling thing, it doesn't turn at all. It understeers, but more it just doesn't even start to turn when you want it to.

1:08.196 -- Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 = LongbowX
1:08.753 -- BMW M3 Coupe '07 = LongbowX
1:08.849 -- Aston Martin Vanquish '04 = LongbowX
1:08.878 -- Lexus IS F '07 = LongbowX
1:09.101 -- Jaguar XFR '10 = LongbowX
1:09.408 -- BMW Z8 '01 = LongbowX *BONUS
1:09.489 -- Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08 = LongbowX
1:09.507 -- Maserati GranTurismo S '08 = LongbowX
1:09.620 -- Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02 = LongbowX
1:09.825 -- Jaguar XKR R Performance '02 = LongbowX *BONUS Newly Added
1:10.609 -- Jaguar XKR '99 = LongbowX *BONUS Newly Added
1:10.681 -- Jaguar S-Type R '02 = LongbowX *BONUS Newly Added
1:11.311 -- BMW 135i Coupe '07 = LongbowX
1:11.819 -- Audi S4 '03 = LongbowX *BONUS Newly Added
1:12.402 -- Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG '00 = LongbowX *BONUS
1:12.407 -- Infiniti G35 Coupe '06 = LongbowX
1:12.618 -- Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 = LongbowX
1:12.950 -- Chrysler 300C '05 = LongbowX

I think that looks a little better. Obviously more testing is needed, it's only a suggestion (and that's 18 cars anyway; have to cut something!).

Last edited:
Yeah I may have to try your bonus cars out longbow. Holy cow I didn't realize these cars could reach such speeds

Down the hill helps, but some like the XFR are surprisingly fast and even gain speed going uphill. The SL55 could take off if had one more gear, it wasn't even trying.

Down the hill helps, but some like the XFR are surprisingly fast and even gain speed going uphill. The SL55 could take off if had one more gear, it wasn't even trying.
Wow I was surprised by the XFR and the sl55 could have gone for more. That's insane.

Oh the bonus cars... I have forgotten. I have to buy them now...

BMW Z8 '01
Is this new?

Jaguar XKR R Performance '02
I think that was in the original Luxury Mixer list... but was cut for some reason.
That said, some cars were cut just becaues they were similar to other cars, not because they were incompatible.

Jaguar XKR '99

Jaguar S-Type R '02
Is that the one that looks like an old man car? :lol:
I think that was also in the old list. I may have weeded it out because peeps didn't like it. :( (if it's the one I'm thinking of).

Audi S4 '03
:ill:

More Mercs
:ill:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll give em a shot too.

Oh I forgot that the S-Type R is actually a joy to drive.
(Maybe because I'm old. :lol:)

And I just tested the Maserati... who else thinks its handling has been improved from GT5????
I'm not much better in it, but the suspension seems tighter or something. :odd:

Oh I forgot that the S-Type R is actually a joy to drive.
(Maybe because I'm old. :lol:)

And I just tested the Maserati... who else thinks its handling has been improved from GT5????
I'm not much better in it, but the suspension seems tighter or something. :odd:
:lol: Funny. Yeah actually I think you are right. The Maserati seems to be smoother and more stable. I've always liked the Maserati unlike you watermelon :D. I wish they would have more than one Maserati in the game. I mean they made a lot of great classic cars that aren't in the game and there is the Maserati quatroporte and the mc stradale that they could add as well. Although I guess you might not need the quatroporte because its just a big sedan.

The Z8 isn't new, I mentioned it the first time. And so GTSail tested it in his data too.

The Jaguar XKR R Performance '02 is pretty nice, performs well. I might include it. I would probably drop the XKR '99 and the CLK55 '00 if I were making the list. The CLK55 is not bad, it doesn't handle great but it is fairly fast.

The S-Type R is nice, I don't have any complaints with it. And the Audi S4 '03 is actually surprisingly decent. I didn't think it handled bad at all.

I liked the Maserati in GT5 quite a lot. I liked it's unusual handling. I could often bring it up to very near M3 level. It still has some of that handling but to me is not as good as it was and I don't like as much anymore.

S4 also better in gt6 :)

And the Delorean - what an improvement!

Toyota Will drags its butt same as usual :rolleyes:

I've been busy testing cars today, btw.
I think ican come up with 2 more lists :)

Last edited:
It seems a lot of people's opinions are different about these luxury cars. I find that to be pretty interesting
And off topic I tried to go on and when I tried to update it crashed the system :mad:. I tried it again and I hit x as soon as I could on the update and it worked. Strange how you have to update as soon as it comes up or it crashes

Yeah and since the races are done without preparing and practising in the cars it's pretty fair to go with the results you get after just a couple of laps, not try until you get the perfect lap. :)
I meant to second this. 👍
It's exactly my thinking.
They're sprint races... so it's more important to just to get a variety of drivers on a variety of tracks as test data.
The format is such that it's really impossible for someone to be a perfectionist and practice a track to perfection in any possible car they might wind up in, in preparation for the race... like you can with a set car/track race event.
In this shuffle kind of situation, you just get comfy with a car on a track, and the race is over, and you're in a different car on a different track. (Of course that's what's appealing I think... fresh & exciting. Something different, the variety of it.)

Very true. You can't get to comfy in one car because you may not even end up using the vehicle at all in the event.

Oh exactly... there are only 8 races. 2 of them are spec... so you could practice for those - but as they're 1-make that really doesn't have any relevance to the shuffle aspect of course.
So with 6 races... you will at most get to drive 6 of the cars... in a list out of 12-16 cars.
We'll probably have to use each list several times before everyone gets to drive even most of the cars.

So now I want to start keeping track of which cars I've gotten to use & which I haven't. :lol:
Like a birder's book. :odd: :lol:

(yes I'm a birder lol)

@daddyo845

Did you already do these cars and I just missed them somewhere (just beeng going through the thread) ??

0:00.000 -- BMW Z8 '01 =daddyo845
0:00.000 -- Jaguar S-Type R '02 =daddyo845
0:00.000 -- Audi S4 '03 =daddyo845

I don't have times for these... so whenever you get the chance if you could, that's good.
(If not, no worries.)

If you've already done them, can you show me the times?

I know I haven't used all of the vintage cars for sure and I have t actually used any of the other lists either. You guys ran the commuter cars before I joined this thing right?
@watermelonpunch, I have not run those cars yet. I will when I get the chance but I just did the time trial for snail so I don't want to do anymore testing today.

👍 K just wanted to make sure I just didn't miss the post with the times in them. (That could easily happen!)

Run them whenever you have the time and interest. No huge rush. We've got a week until we have to have the list live anyway. (I'd like to get the list posted in the final order in 1 wk - by Wednesday ideally - the day before we're going to use the list.)

Okay so I've gone NUTS with picking out cars... went on a shopping spree...

I'm not cheap, unlike some people here - haha
So I'm not suggesting anyone start testing this list yet or buying these cars yet... But I am taking special requests for cars that might fit in with some of these other cars.

I figure I might be able to get 2-3 lists in this general range. 💡

Abarth 500 '09
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06
Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
Alpine A110 1600S '73
Audi quattro '82
BMW 120d '04
BMW 120i '04
BMW 2002 Turbo '73
BMW M Coupe '98
Chrysler Prowler '02
Chrysler PT Cruiser '00
Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05
Citroen C5 V6 Exclusive '03
DMC DeLorean S2 '04
Dome ZERO '78
Eagle Talon Esi '97
Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00
Ford Focus ST170 '03
Hommel Berlinette R/S Coupe '99
Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
Infiniti G20 '90
Jaguar E-Type Coupe '61
Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Lancia Stratos '73
Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04
Lexus IS 200 '98
Lotus Elise '96
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91
Mazda Kusabi Concept '03
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '00
Mazda MX-Crossport '05
Mazda RX-8 Type E '03
Mazda SAVANNA RX-7 GT-Limited (FC) '85
Mazda SAVANNA RX-7 INFINI III (FC) '90
Mini COOPER S '07
Mini Cooper S '11
Mini COOPER S Countryman (R60) '11
Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS '03
Nissan SKYLINE HT 2000 Turbo RS (R30) '83
Peugeot 207 GTi '07
Peugeot 307 XSi '04
Pontiac Vibe GT '03
Renault 5 Turbo '80
Renaultsport Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02
Seat Ibiza Cupra '04
Suzuki SWIFT Sport '05
Toyota CELICA XX 2800GT '81
Toyota MR-S S Edition '99
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04
Toyota WiLL VS '01
VW Golf IV GTI '01
VW New Beetle RSi '00
Volvo C30 R-Design '09

I've got more than half these tested at Deep Forest already. :lol:

Because of the expense, I'm putting off my vintage super cars list idea.
But that will be something we can work on later. :)

It is very hard to get to drive all the cars, but I think that's fine. I know there are cars I have never driven (apart from testing them). And in testing I generally run <5 laps. (especially in the Luxury cars, they go through tires quickly).

I just like seeing the variety in the race. And it improves it, having the variance. It's not important to drive them all.

Vintage supercars sounds amazing, but I need to win them (sadly impossible in GT6. What a stupid decision). I'm afraid I am a cheapskate. :lol:

I bought a few of those cars, and maybe I will buy them all....over time. I want to do testing but that is daunting!

Yeah I can get those in one week 👍.
Pt cruiser and seat are already in the commuters list.
Can I suggest the Opel speedster to that list?
I agree vintage supercars would be really awesome but the problem would be the extreme cost. I've got around 7 million dollars which might sound like a lot, but I could blow through that easily with having to buy all of these cars for testing especially if they are expensive which is why I don't think I'm going to be in the abarth biposto endurance on the weekend coming after this one. If we do the vintage super cars, would we use the really expensive cars like the Miura that costs 15 mil?

I just like seeing the variety in the race. And it improves it, having the variance. It's not important to drive them all.
Exactly! 👍
I mean I'd love to have the chance to race every single one of them, ideally. :lol:
But really, it's the variety and the surprise aspect that appeals to me. Seeing all the different cars on the track, and maneuvering differently, and seeing how they perform on various tracks... whoever driving them... It's very interesting. ^^
I bought a few of those cars, and maybe I will buy them all....over time. I want to do testing but that is daunting!

Oh I know, so that's why I'm just taking requests... and I have some more time this week... this week at least, to be testing. And I've had a lot on my mind so it's really relaxing actually to test drive all the cars when I have the chance.
So I'll just be testing a bunch of cars, to get a ballpark fix on them. Then we can start sorting them into lists. And then we can start having others test the ones that seem right for whatever lists.

Yeah I can get those in one week 👍.
I assume you mean the missing luxury cars, and not the entire list of 50 cars I've posted. :lol: :sly: :lol:

Pt cruiser and seat are already in the commuters list.
Oh, well I'm thinking of making a new more expanded Commuter Cars list... though maybe it won't have that name.
The Commuter Cars list was actually an old list, like the Luxury Cars. It was by no means even ready when we started using it in GT6. I mean we hadn't even done extensive testing on it in GT5 when that got abandoned & never came off.

Can I suggest the Opel speedster to that list?

👍 check

I agree vintage supercars would be really awesome but the problem would be the extreme cost. I've got around 7 million dollars which might sound like a lot, but I could blow through that easily with having to buy all of these cars for testing especially if they are expensive which is why I don't think I'm going to be in the abarth biposto endurance on the weekend coming after this one. If we do the vintage super cars, would we use the really expensive cars like the Miura that costs 15 mil?

Yea that's why it's in the offing...
Muira Bertone is one of my favourite cars in the game. But obviously it's a pretty hefty price tag, and we'll have to wait until more people build up more credits. 👍

Back