Makeshift Shuffle Club - Time Trials & Testing for club car lists - all welcomeOpen 

Cars being considered for a club spec 1-make list (tuning prohibited) (cars to have ready)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here are my times for the luxury cars on trial mountain
Jaguar XK coupe luxury 1:44.944
Chrysler 300C 1:44.878
Infiniti G35 coupe 1:43.491
BMW 135i coupe 1:40.083
Jaguar XFR 1:40.880
Mercedes Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) 1:40.595
Mercedes Benz C63 AMG 1:40.979
Maserati Granturismo S 1:39.128
BMW M3 coupe 1:40.116
Lexus IS F 1:38.101
Aston Martin DB9 coupe 1:38.205
Aston Martin vanquish 1:38.625

Notes:Chrysler 300 was pretty difficult to drive and slipped a lot
BMW 135i was very impressive and was able to beat many of the cars further down the list. It was a very enjoyable car to drive
Jaguar XFR was also difficult to drive for the same reasons as the 300
SL 55 AMG had quite a bit of under steer
Lexus IS F wasn't the bottom car on the list but it got the best time. It was very easy to control and had not under or over steer in the turns which allowed me to push the car to its limits. I feel this should be the last car on the list.
Astons performed very similarly but the DB9 was slightly better. I don't know if it's necessary to have both.
My times don't match the order in which you placed the cars on the list. I don't know if you were just putting them on the list or if that was the actual order you wanted the cars in. I would change the order personally but this is just based on my results. You should probably wait until other people get their times together before making any changes. There's my input. Do you need top speeds tested on these cars?

It's not the only place I can test them. If the chief said to test it somewhere else instead I would. But I feel it has a good mix of corners, and that I can tell when I get the most out of the cars. It's also short enough to get reliable performances from the cars without too much variability.

Last edited:
I just managed to get one done now, I guess the other will wait until tomorrow (probably).

1:12.950 -- Chrysler 300C '05 = LongbowX

I concur with daddyo...the 300C is a handful. Sort of fun though.It starts rotating halfway through the corner.

I looked though the list of cars added to GT6 to try to find new cars that we could add to the list...the possibilities I came up with might be the BMW Z8 and Fisker Karma EcoSport. I'll probably test those as well to see how they are in comparison.

I just managed to get one done now, I guess the other will wait until tomorrow (probably).

I concur with daddyo...the 300C is a handful. Sort of fun though.It starts rotating halfway through the corner.

I looked though the list of cars added to GT6 to try to find new cars that we could add to the list...the possibilities I came up with might be the BMW Z8 and Fisker Karma EcoSport. I'll probably test those as well to see how they are in comparison.
BMW z8 might be good. The problem with the fisker is that it has a low top speed

I haven't driven it enough to know that. :lol: I'm sure I would have discovered it. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
I haven't driven it enough to know that. :lol: I'm sure I would have discovered it. Thanks for the heads up.
I drove it once in a license test and it topped off at about 140mph. It also has no gears it just has a d for the gears and you can't shift. Boy do I hate cars that can't shift because I'm always so used to shifting and it's just second nature to me and I'm not used to not having a use for my pointer fingers in GT

Some non-shifting cars are worse than others. :ill:
I think it's the Prius or something that's awful... or maybe it's another. It has weird shifting top speeds, and a very on/off driving to it.

Whereas the I-Miev is a barrel of fun and fairly interesting & enjoyable to drive.

Some non-shifting cars are worse than others. :ill:
I think it's the Prius or something that's awful... or maybe it's another. It has weird shifting top speeds, and a very on/off driving to it.

Whereas the I-Miev is a barrel of fun and fairly interesting & enjoyable to drive.
My main problem with the imiev is that it has this high pitched ringing noise that not only is annoying but it hurts my ears after awhile:boggled:

My main problem with the imiev is that it has this high pitched ringing noise that not only is annoying but it hurts my ears after awhile:boggled:
Yeah well I wouldn't recommend it for an endurance race in any case.
But awhile back we had great fun racing the i-miev in the low hp league

Sorry I'm going super-slow with times. I didn't feel that great when I started doing them today so I left it to tomorrow (morning probably). Hopefully if there is a 1.03 update it won't change too much! :lol:

Sorry I'm going super-slow with times. I didn't feel that great when I started doing them today so I left it to tomorrow (morning probably). Hopefully if there is a 1.03 update it won't change too much! :lol:
I read somewhere that MR cars "handle better", don't know what that means really.. hope it's not too much change, I don't like change :nervous:

Completed (with 2 bonus cars).

GVE/Rev

1:08.196 -- Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 = LongbowX
1:08.753 -- BMW M3 Coupe '07 = LongbowX
1:08.849 -- Aston Martin Vanquish '04 = LongbowX
1:08.878 -- Lexus IS F '07 = LongbowX
1:09.101 -- Jaguar XFR '10 = LongbowX
1:09.408 -- BMW Z8 '01 = LongbowX *BONUS
1:09.489 -- Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08 = LongbowX
1:09.507 -- Maserati GranTurismo S '08 = LongbowX
1:09.620 -- Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02 = LongbowX
1:11.311 -- BMW 135i Coupe '07 = LongbowX
1:12.402 -- Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG '00 = LongbowX *BONUS
1:12.407 -- Infiniti G35 Coupe '06 = LongbowX
1:12.618 -- Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 = LongbowX

Seems there is quite a gap between the top performers and the lower (it's not a smooth gradation). Perhaps we might want to slot something else in there...if we can think of it. Audi RS6 '02? Jaguar XKR '99? (Or R Performance '02?)

The game generally seems to punish weight a little more than GT5 did. The Z8 is a bit of a handful, like the 300C except even more rotation on exit. Surprised to see the XFR performed so well...

Last edited:
Wow your results were way different than mine. I have a feeling that my results weren't very good. So I don't know if you should just throw them out. This could be pretty confusing
Completed (with 2 bonus cars).

1:08.196 -- Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 = LongbowX
1:08.753 -- BMW M3 Coupe '07
1:08.849 -- Aston Martin Vanquish '04
1:08.878 -- Lexus IS F '07
1:09.101 -- Jaguar XFR '10
1:09.408 -- BMW Z8 '01
1:09.489 -- Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
1:09.507 -- Maserati GranTurismo S '08
1:09.620 -- Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
1:11.311 -- BMW 135i Coupe '07
1:12.402 -- Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG '00
1:12.407 -- Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
1:12.618 -- Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07
1:12.950 -- Chrysler 300C '05

Seems there is quite a gap between the top performers and the lower (it's not a smooth gradation). Perhaps we might want to slot something else in there...if we can think of it. Audi RS6 '02? Jaguar XKR '99? (Or R Performance '02?)

The game generally seems to punish weight a little more than GT5 did. The Z8 is a bit of a handful, like the 300C except even more rotation on exit. Surprised to see the XFR performed so well...

Yeah I suppose you guys are right but I don't know if you saw how well I did in the 135i. I beat out many other cars with it despite it being the #4 car I think. @LongbowX that wasn't the case for you and yet you did very well in the XFR where as I didn't. I don't know how it's going to work out. We probably need more testing by different people. You did this at GVER right longbow? Well whatever happens I'm glad I do t make the final decision :cheers:.

@GTsail290 - your choice
preferably NOT motegi east or GVER
I'd rather a tighter track from you. 👍

And I'm not caught up collating the times here, but I will be adjusting the OP & such.

@daddyo845
You have all the cars on Sports Medium tires, right?
Maybe you're just really comfortable with the 135i & haven't spent enough time driving the others?
the 135i is very very nice to drive. So I mean you wouldn't be alone in that if that's the case!!
So your times are good whatever they are don't worry about it. Everyone will be better with some cars and stink in others. (We need to know that this might be the case)
I don't find the 300C as bad as some others do.
The Jags are not easy to drive... but I dont' think they're bad. The Aston Martins are fabulous!
I STINK in the Maserati and ESPECIALLY the one Merc... the other one isn't half as bad, but I don't like it either. But when I went to test drive that Merc, I immediately remembered the Luxury Mixer series from last year or whenever it was.... and how much I hated that Merc. :lol: :ill: :yuck:

(I should mention I hate mercs in general - they just don't agree with me.)

Last edited:
@GTsail290 - your choice

And I'm not caught up collating the times here, but I will be adjusting the OP & such.

@daddyo845
You have all the cars on Sports Medium tires, right?
Maybe you're just really comfortable with the 135i & haven't spent enough time driving the others?
the 135i is very very nice to drive. So I mean you wouldn't be alone in that if that's the case!!
So your times are good whatever they are don't worry about it. Everyone will be better with some cars and stink in others. (We need to know that this might be the case)
I don't find the 300C as bad as some others do.
The Jags are not easy to drive... but I dont' think they're bad. The Aston Martins are fabulous!
I STINK in the Maserati and ESPECIALLY the one Merc... the other one isn't half as bad, but I don't like it either. But when I went to test drive that Merc, I immediately remembered the Luxury Mixer series from last year or whenever it was.... and how much I hated that Merc. :lol: :ill: :yuck:

(I should mention I hate mercs in general - they just don't agree with me.)
Yes they were on sports medium tires. As for the 135i, I do really like that car it drives very nicely. I bought it for a one make race around nurburgring gp/f. I have driven it a bit in gt5 but other than that that's the only time I drove the 135i other than the one make against the ai. I mean the 300c isn't bad but it's a handful. I would need to practice that car more. The coupe luxury I find easy to drive but it won't keep up with some of the others in the list. Yes I do like the astons. Fast a little challenging. I like the DB9 better than the vanquish. It feels easier to get around the corners than the vanquish. I like the Maserati. But I feel that's its gearing is more difficult to master. I like the c63 merc but not the r230. The r230 has what you call combo steer :yuck:. Hate that combo steer on that car. I usually like kerfs in general.

@GTsail290 - your choice

Oh dear, I started running them on GVE/R:dunce:

I will pick another track once I've run a couple more for the practice. I could use the practice at GVE!

My results for the luxury motors at GVE/R:

1:09.672 -- Lexus IS F '07 = GTsail9
1:09.996 -- Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 = GTsail9
1:10.401 -- BMW M3 Coupe '07 = GTsail9
1:10.494 -- Aston Martin Vanquish '04 = GTsail9
1:10.664 -- BMW Z8 '01 = GTsail9
1:11.050 -- Jaguar XFR '10 = GTsail9
1:11.282 -- Maserati GranTurismo S '08 = GTsail9
1:11.498 -- Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02 = GTsail9

1:11.914 -- Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08 = GTsail9
1:12.248 -- Jaguar S-Type R '02 = GTsail9
1:13.114 -- BMW 135i Coupe '07 = GTsail9
1:13.200 -- Audi S4 '03 = GTsail9
1:13.932 -- Infiniti G35 Coupe '06 = GTsail9
1:14.158 -- Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG '00 = GTsail9
1:15.467 -- Chrysler 300C '05 = GTsail9
1:15.524 -- Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 = GTsail9

A decent spread between the various cars. The Chrysler 300C is heavy and was starting to wear out its tires by lap 6-7. It would be a problem in an endurance race, and would probably need an extra pit-stop as compared to the rest of the cars.

GTsail

Last edited:
Back