Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Thank you swede!
I didn't want to be grumpy! :grumpy:
But sometimes I seem grumpy because there's a lot going on & I have to be short. And I don't have as much time to make chit chat and still have things move along. :(
It's tough especially if there's more than one or two issues going on. Like the invisible cars, plus 2-3 people not being totally with the program on the car assignments.
I really appreciate the help... especially in explaining to strangers who join, what's going on.
And thank you to everyone who pipes up to help everyone else know whats' going on. 👍

I think PSN was a bit odd today.
Is it perhaps kind of dubious flunky with more problems when they do an update? :odd:

Anyway, at the risk of getting people defensive & hopped up in this thread like I may have in another thread recently... :odd: :nervous:

Peeps who've had problems with the invisible cars... Some suggestions:
1) if you have wireless connection to the ps3 to the internet - try a hard cat5 or cat6 cable connecting the ps3 - they sell them in very long lengths and it might be worth it to try it for while you're racing in a series you've had issues with. It's a drag I know, but if it improves the connection issues, it might be worth the trying
2) try rebooting the ps3 immediately before the race time... especially if you've been using other programs (like youtube, netflix, lovefilm, or some other game)
3) if you use a bridged router (ie: not a modem+router in 1) - please look into how to set the ps3 on a priority somehow - I don't have the details about this, but I know that people have discussed this on this forum - so ask around.

I know people say "I leave the ps3 on all the time and I have no problem" or "I have wireless and I have no problems." Okay so maybe that's true for some people. But if you're having problems, you can't say that! And I think it's worth it to try and just see if you can do anything to make it better.

In the past 3 days I've had 3-4 races where I did more poorly than I would have otherwise... because I was distracted by cars going through each other with exciting poofs of smoke. :scared:

So please, for everybody's sake, including your own, think about trying something different. Maybe it won't help. I don't know. But nothing ventured nothing gained!

Why would you sign up for something if you don't know what to do? :lol:
Come to think of that... I would probably be all afraid to join something without knowing what's going on. I think some people are much more daring to jump on in and hope to wing it. :lol:
Though to be fair, I think people sometimes figure it's simpler than it is.
Like when you allow tuning and a PP level. Remember awhile back people would join and say they want to use some car... "Because PP" basically. :lol:
I gave up long while ago from dealing with car choices in mixed model racing because I feel people will blame me if it doesn't work out so hot. :lol: What I mean is, there will always be people who know which are the best cars within a range of choices, a range of power, a range of weight, a range of PP, etc... and the people who aren't so savvy that way will always be at a disadvantage & become resentful. (And then blame me. :ill:)
This system of car assignment (like shuffle) takes that element out of it. And therefore then, the worst that can happen is someone blames me for choosing the cars for the lists. :lol: (ie: at least here we KNOW which cars are better or worse for the most part. :sly:)

Edit (append):
Also, someone check the tire restriction & remind me if I don't change it properly! Because when we switch between Luxury & Vintage/Low Power... the tire restriction changes and people might be confused about that.
That's why I had to change it after the 1st race or whenever it was. UP to that point, everyone was putting on the right tires anyway... but then I noticed not. And it was probably confusing someone.

Last edited:
Thank you swede!
I didn't want to be grumpy! :grumpy:
But sometimes I seem grumpy because there's a lot going on & I have to be short. And I don't have as much time to make chit chat and still have things move along. :(
It's tough especially if there's more than one or two issues going on. Like the invisible cars, plus 2-3 people not being totally with the program on the car assignments.
I really appreciate the help... especially in explaining to strangers who join, what's going on.
And thank you to everyone who pipes up to help everyone else know whats' going on. 👍

I think PSN was a bit odd today.
Is it perhaps kind of dubious flunky with more problems when they do an update? :odd:

Anyway, at the risk of getting people defensive & hopped up in this thread like I may have in another thread recently... :odd: :nervous:

Peeps who've had problems with the invisible cars... Some suggestions:
1) if you have wireless connection to the ps3 to the internet - try a hard cat5 or cat6 cable connecting the ps3 - they sell them in very long lengths and it might be worth it to try it for while you're racing in a series you've had issues with. It's a drag I know, but if it improves the connection issues, it might be worth the trying
2) try rebooting the ps3 immediately before the race time... especially if you've been using other programs (like youtube, netflix, lovefilm, or some other game)
3) if you use a bridged router (ie: not a modem+router in 1) - please look into how to set the ps3 on a priority somehow - I don't have the details about this, but I know that people have discussed this on this forum - so ask around.

I know people say "I leave the ps3 on all the time and I have no problem" or "I have wireless and I have no problems." Okay so maybe that's true for some people. But if you're having problems, you can't say that! And I think it's worth it to try and just see if you can do anything to make it better.

In the past 3 days I've had 3-4 races where I did more poorly than I would have otherwise... because I was distracted by cars going through each other with exciting poofs of smoke. :scared:

So please, for everybody's sake, including your own, think about trying something different. Maybe it won't help. I don't know. But nothing ventured nothing gained!

Come to think of that... I would probably be all afraid to join something without knowing what's going on. I think some people are much more daring to jump on in and hope to wing it. :lol:
Though to be fair, I think people sometimes figure it's simpler than it is.
Like when you allow tuning and a PP level. Remember awhile back people would join and say they want to use some car... "Because PP" basically. :lol:
I gave up long while ago from dealing with car choices in mixed model racing because I feel people will blame me if it doesn't work out so hot. :lol: What I mean is, there will always be people who know which are the best cars within a range of choices, a range of power, a range of weight, a range of PP, etc... and the people who aren't so savvy that way will always be at a disadvantage & become resentful. (And then blame me. :ill:)
This system of car assignment (like shuffle) takes that element out of it. And therefore then, the worst that can happen is someone blames me for choosing the cars for the lists. :lol: (ie: at least here we KNOW which cars are better or worse for the most part. :sly:)

Edit (append):
Also, someone check the tire restriction & remind me if I don't change it properly! Because when we switch between Luxury & Vintage/Low Power... the tire restriction changes and people might be confused about that.
That's why I had to change it after the 1st race or whenever it was. UP to that point, everyone was putting on the right tires anyway... but then I noticed not. And it was probably confusing someone.
FWIW regarding invisible cars. Today if I was driving on the track before everyone entered I wouldn't see everyone. But if I went back to the pits . . . voila I see everyone (except often Goat).

Hmmm. Good to know to try that. Maybe have peeps who've had issues, go back, exit the track, & re-enter the track.
Because you know, sometimes rejoining the room works... so maybe it's just re-entering the track itself that helps too.

It used to be that both parties would not see each other. But now I think it's possible that only one side will have the problem. Which in a way, is much worse.

Append: also it disspells the notion that it has anything at all to do with distance/region/country/continent.
Because geographically, I'm right halfway between cc570 & chiochan - neither more than 200 miles from me I think (as the crow flies at least). And yet there's no problems with Phouchg all the way in Scanadavia!
When you think about it, in a room I'm hosting, cc570 & chiochan should be having the least issues if it had to do with the internet. :boggled:

Last edited:
On a positive note, every single replay I managed to save today loaded! Considering I have about a 5% success rate in loading replays thus far, I was pretty stoked. 👍
I was hopeful that maybe something was fixed in the update. :odd:
But no...
I'm now 2 out of 3 replays so far from yesterday freeze up the ps3. :rolleyes:

Hmmm. Good to know to try that. Maybe have peeps who've had issues, go back, exit the track, & re-enter the track.
Because you know, sometimes rejoining the room works... so maybe it's just re-entering the track itself that helps too.

It used to be that both parties would not see each other. But now I think it's possible that only one side will have the problem. Which in a way, is much worse.

Append: also it disspells the notion that it has anything at all to do with distance/region/country/continent.
Because geographically, I'm right halfway between cc570 & chiochan - neither more than 200 miles from me I think (as the crow flies at least). And yet there's no problems with Phouchg all the way in Scanadavia!
When you think about it, in a room I'm hosting, cc570 & chiochan should be having the least issues if it had to do with the internet. :boggled:
I have had this problem with about 4 people over my GT5/6 career. Mostly it seems their is nothing to do to fix it, but I have found that if both parties leave the room(around the same time), leave the server, then reenter the room it sometimes fixes it. Kinda like a reintroduction.
I do all the internet thing everyone suggests on :gtpflag: and probably know more about my internet connection that Time Warner does.
I got called of from work today:D so I think I will try to take some pictures and post them.
can't get my replays to load. I give up.

Last edited:
probably know more about my internet connection that Time Warner does

Not sure if that's saying much. :lol: :odd: :lol:

Anyhow I don't think it's any one person that causes their own problem... but a combination.

In other words, Mr. X & Mr. Z may both have invisible car problems, and Mr. Y may not... and if Mr. X and Mr. Y did something different, the problem would stop for all 3... even though Mr. Z did nothing different.

At least it has in the past, when cetain people have changed different things.
One guy a year or so ago had problems with lag & invisible cars. Lo & behold, he got rid of his old modem, and got a new one, and the problem stopped... not just for him, but the other people who would have problems when he was in the room!
There was another person who would join and have invisible car problems... and it would always work that 3 other people would have invisible car problems when he joined... but those same people wouldn't have those problems when he wasn't there... and one of the people would never have invisible car problems UNLESS that guy was present.

Maybe it was just a coincidence... but it was a strange one if so.

Last edited:
Series 2, Event 2
Saturday 25 January 2014
Deep Forest

2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf0.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf00.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf02.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf03.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf04.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf05.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf09.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf11.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf12.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf13.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf15.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf18.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf19.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf21.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf22.jpg
2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf25.jpg

Series 3, Event 2
Tuesday 28 January 2014

Ascari

:odd:
I dunno... 5 wide may have been pushin' it, whataya think? :lol: :odd: :rolleyes:
:lol:

So anyway, I'm not handing out penalties on our sojourn onto the insane Ascari track.
But I thought I'd make the video as a kind of visual aid. :lol:

I'm going to be coming up with a list of tracks with "issues", and making a list of known things on different tracks that people tend to ask about (like the concrete at Deep Forest or the yellow painted stripes on Trial Mountain).

And in it, we could have a list of tracks with Turn 1 procedures, if anyone's interested in that, pipe up.

We could have a "single file through turn 1" on tracks like Ascari that are problematic and tend to cause disruptions in the enjoyment of the racing. What I mean is that we would stay in grid order, single file, through that first chicane.
This sort of thing has worked in the past. It prevents the feeling that we should just discard a track altogether, which I always would consider a shame.

Wow after seeing that video I was laughing so hard :lol:. There definitely needs to be a turn one procedure for ascari. Also has anyone tried that Bugatti veyron test on ascari for your super liscence. OMG that was horrible I was stuck trying to beat 2:20.000 for what must've been an hour!

Series 3, Event 2
Tuesday 28 January 2014

Ascari

:odd:
I dunno... 5 wide may have been pushin' it, whataya think? :lol: :odd: :rolleyes:
:lol:

So anyway, I'm not handing out penalties on our sojourn onto the insane Ascari track.
But I thought I'd make the video as a kind of visual aid. :lol:

I'm going to be coming up with a list of tracks with "issues", and making a list of known things on different tracks that people tend to ask about (like the concrete at Deep Forest or the yellow painted stripes on Trial Mountain).

And in it, we could have a list of tracks with Turn 1 procedures, if anyone's interested in that, pipe up.

We could have a "single file through turn 1" on tracks like Ascari that are problematic and tend to cause disruptions in the enjoyment of the racing. What I mean is that we would stay in grid order, single file, through that first chicane.
This sort of thing has worked in the past. It prevents the feeling that we should just discard a track altogether, which I always would consider a shame.

Wow. Did feel like there was a lot more aggressive driving Tuesday as a whole. Some really blatant bump and pass even after the chicane.

I don't know if it was overall.. But then I always have that first luxury event to compare to. :eek: :lol:
But there was definitely far far too much first turn drama and 1st lap bumping, on more than the Ascari track.

I just read in another thread that you can join a room with tuning prohibited restriction , with a car were the chassis tuning from GT auto were made .
and these guys tested the cars with and without chassis tuning and recognized an advantage in handling and lap times .
@watermelonpunch : have you thought about allowing this option because although its forbidden , you could still use it at tuning prohibited lobbys and no one would recognize it !
I don't know If you trust everybody , cause some people probably would do everthing possible for a win !

I just thought its a good information .

looking forward to todays racing ;-)

Hahaha that first turn is hilarious! I was trying to take it easy through there but then you just get caught by the stream of cars, was noothing you could do. ^^ I agree on the single file on ascari though.

edit: New small update, seems like the replays have been fixed!! :D:D

Last edited:
I just read in another thread that you can join a room with tuning prohibited restriction , with a car were the chassis tuning from GT auto were made .
and these guys tested the cars with and without chassis tuning and recognized an advantage in handling and lap times .
@watermelonpunch : have you thought about allowing this option because although its forbidden , you could still use it at tuning prohibited lobbys and no one would recognize it !
I don't know If you trust everybody , cause some people probably would do everthing possible for a win !

I feel as though you should have pmed watermelon about this. Not that I would cheat but others who previously did not know about this might now.

Are we talking about the chassis reinforcement or chassis restoration? Or some kind of adjustments???
Did they do the tests on new cars?

Can anyone else pipe up about what this might mean?

And yeah, there have been studies done that show that lots of people will cheat "a little" if they think there's a good chance of getting away with it. :rolleyes:
:(

I know that beyond brake balance, I heard someone in one of our lobbies say that they were able to adjust the AYC in a Subaru (where it is stock when you buy it) as well as brake balance and could have raced in Tuning Prohibited. There was 1-2 other things they could adjust and still enter, I think. It was a month ago or so, so I don't recall the details, sorry.

Well I thought chassis restorations were allowed but not chassis improvement. I know that a good amount of people in your shuffle lobbies wouldn't cheat because there good guys but I don't know if everyone would follow the rules and not modify the vehicle in anyway that would improve any characteristics if they could get away with it.

Awesome. I don't believe chassis restorations do anything unless you drove the car a very long time. Kind of how long it would take before you would have to replace the engine.

I meant the chassis tuning thing kling was talking about. I don't think Kling would have anything to worry about though.. he's probably too fast for the cheaters anyway. ^^

What are we talking about chassis tuning???
With the chassis improvement or reinforcement you get better handling and lap times and you can join tuning prohibited lobby's like makeshift shuffle . thats nothing I figured out , I just read it at another post , but sounded true , but I dont know , maybe its a 9 year old kid . someone who's better in english should check this thread because my english abilities are limited .
I dont want to cause panic , I think all of the usual makeshift drivers are honest and follow the rules !
I, for myself , am satisfied how it is and I don't wanna use it cause
a) its expensive :-)
and b) cheater got a small weiner .

AYC - Active Yaw Control

Active Yaw Control (AYC) is an automobile feature that uses an active differential to transfer torque to the wheels that have the best grip on the road. Unlike traditional mechanical limited-slip differentials, an AYC is electronically controlled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Yaw_Control

It is in the tuning section where you'd adjust your LSD, if you had one.

@watermelonpunch
They are talking about chassis reinforcement, which is a upgrade in GT Auto that can get in, even in tuning prohibited lobbies.
AYC: Active Yaw Control. A computer controled adjustable Limited Slip Differential used in 4/AWD cars. Testing need to be done to see if it can be adjusted and still enter.

Appears your friends are starting not to trust each other. *key the music for Kaz's real life drama*

This is just my opinion, but if you are going to allow the adjustment of brake balance, I dont see why we cant be allowed to reinforce the chassis. And do what ever the lobby considers not tuning. Thats going to be the only way to know for sure everyone is on a even playing field.

Anyways, I dont know if I will make it today, I have 2 days of backed up work due to the snow here. So dont wait for me.

(side note did anyone see Al the weather man on the Today show dog GA out about our poor response to a few inches of snow?)

Back