Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Okay well.
We need to test this.
Before everyone goes & makes all their chassis reinforced, and then joins the races, and finds out 2 million worth of their cars can't enter the track!

What would be interesting is if this was fixed suddenly... and then people showed up and their cars couldn't entered - we'd all know who was doing it wouldn't we! :lol:

And then we'd be back as square one - with people not being able to collect the cars in time to race, because they'd be out of credits. :ouch:

About not trusting...

I don't consider this to be unusual, nor a sign of bad manners.

It's NOT unreasonable to think people might cheat if they could get away with it.

After all, people have been known to cheat in the most petty ways.

Some people exit races in RGO just to get pole position. :rolleyes: How petty is that? I mean really? :boggled:

Sometimes I have seen in replays... people cut the track most deliberately when nobody's around to see it. :rolleyes:
And I mean like really mowing the lawn across the inside on Tsukuba or something. :lol: :odd: :boggled:

Just so you know, when I see things like that - I do remember the driver, and it makes me more likely to police more of their races looking for other infractions of rules. So be warned. If I see you breaking the rules a little... I'm going to scrutinize your races more. :lol:

In my old shuffle rooms, I used to do something maybe a bit petty myself... but out of curiosity... When I would set it to a Rec Garage car... I would wait sometimes to set the tire regs. And see who put racing tires on! :lol:
And you know, there were even a couple of REGULARS - who were clean fair drivers... who should've been WELL AWARE that I always set the tire regulations to the stock tires... And SHOULD have piped up & asked about it!
These people would assume I forgot, and try to take advantage of it - even though they could see that everyone else was on the stock tires!!
Not kidding.
So then when I'd set the tire restriction, and they'd be booted from the track - EVERYONE would have a good idea of why. :sly: :mischievous:

So yeah, remember, we're all pals here... but that doesn't mean someone might not be tempted to do something. And it's not unreasonable to be concerned about that, and to try and reduce the opportunities to cheat, and reduce temptations to cheat as well.
I've read studies that say even the most honest people could be tempted to cheat "just a little" if they're pretty sure they'll get away with it and nobody will know.

Here's some further reading on the subject:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/cheaters-do-prosper-according-to-new-study-8814657.html
A study has revealed that people who cheat actually feel better about themselves, but only if they think they have not hurt anyone else through their dishonesty.

So let's make it clear here... if you cheat - YOU ARE HURTING OTHER PEOPLE'S ENJOYMENT OF THE RACING.
So don't kid yourself.

http://www.npr.org/2012/09/24/161696134/many-of-us-are-small-stakes-cheaters-but-why
And what we find is that lots of people cheat a little bit. So we've tested about 30,000 people so far, and we found 12 big cheaters, people who cheated kind of all the way, and together they stole $150 from us. And we found 18,000 little cheaters that together stole $36,000 from us.
And I think it's - for me, it's kind of this realization, that it's true that there are few big cheaters out there and it's really terrible, but the capacity to cheat a little bit and feel good about ourselves is really much more common than we think it is. And because of that, it's much more dangerous.

So it's not the "big cheaters" you really have to worry about. After all, they'd be obvious.
It's the "little bit" of cheating here & there that a lot of ordinary people might be tempted to do.

And this one... just for laughs...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/02/27/upper-class-people-more-likely-to-cheat-study/
People from the wealthy upper classes are more likely than poorer folks to break laws while driving, take candy from children and lie for financial gain, said a US study on Monday.

:lol: :lol: :boggled: :crazy: :boggled: :lol: :lol:
Take candy from children??? Really?? :rolleyes:
That's so silly - how did they test that?
And was it fair to the children involved in the study? :lol: :grumpy: :rolleyes: :sly:

At any rate, we should feel free to discuss the topic of cheating here openly, and with civility and level headedness.
You have a right, and a responsibility, to report cheaters, or rule breakers.

One thing nobody should do is sit in silent resentment against someone they believe is not playing by the rules!

About not trusting...

I don't consider this to be unusual, nor a sign of bad manners.

It's NOT unreasonable to think people might cheat if they could get away with it.

After all, people have been known to cheat in the most petty ways.

Some people exit races in RGO just to get pole position. :rolleyes: How petty is that? I mean really? :boggled:

Sometimes I have seen in replays... people cut the track most deliberately when nobody's around to see it. :rolleyes:
And I mean like really mowing the lawn across the inside on Tsukuba or something. :lol: :odd: :boggled:

Just so you know, when I see things like that - I do remember the driver, and it makes me more likely to police more of their races looking for other infractions of rules. So be warned. If I see you breaking the rules a little... I'm going to scrutinize your races more. :lol:

In my old shuffle rooms, I used to do something maybe a bit petty myself... but out of curiosity... When I would set it to a Rec Garage car... I would wait sometimes to set the tire regs. And see who put racing tires on! :lol:
And you know, there were even a couple of REGULARS - who were clean fair drivers... who should've been WELL AWARE that I always set the tire regulations to the stock tires... And SHOULD have piped up & asked about it!
These people would assume I forgot, and try to take advantage of it - even though they could see that everyone else was on the stock tires!!
Not kidding.
So then when I'd set the tire restriction, and they'd be booted from the track - EVERYONE would have a good idea of why. :sly: :mischievous:

So yeah, remember, we're all pals here... but that doesn't mean someone might not be tempted to do something. And it's not unreasonable to be concerned about that, and to try and reduce the opportunities to cheat, and reduce temptations to cheat as well.
I've read studies that say even the most honest people could be tempted to cheat "just a little" if they're pretty sure they'll get away with it and nobody will know.

Here's some further reading on the subject:

So let's make it clear here... if you cheat - YOU ARE HURTING OTHER PEOPLE'S ENJOYMENT OF THE RACING.
So don't kid yourself.

So it's not the "big cheaters" you really have to worry about. After all, they'd be obvious.
It's the "little bit" of cheating here & there that a lot of ordinary people might be tempted to do.

And this one... just for laughs...

:lol: :lol: :boggled: :crazy: :boggled: :lol: :lol:
Take candy from children??? Really?? :rolleyes:
That's so silly - how did they test that?
And was it fair to the children involved in the study? :lol: :grumpy: :rolleyes: :sly:

At any rate, we should feel free to discuss the topic of cheating here openly, and with civility and level headedness.
You have a right, and a responsibility, to report cheaters, or rule breakers.

One thing nobody should do is sit in silent resentment against someone they believe is not playing by the rules!
I don't get it. If you cheat you've lost. Even if you cross the line first you've lost because you know you cheated.
I just don't get it.

I don't get it. If you cheat you've lost. Even if you cross the line first you've lost because you know you cheated.
I just don't get it.

The key is to either believe the lies you tell yourself, or if you're really good, to not even realize you're lying to yourself about cheating.

Yes, like I said, it makes no sense to most of us.

But I totally believe some people, are more concerned about how they appear to others, than any truth about anything.
They're just concerned with some brief accolades, or appearing the big man for a fleeting moment, in front of other people.

Most of us want "the whole package".
The excitement of close racing, a challenge, the feeling of accomplishment in actually getting something right, and, when possible, the bit of glee about making a podium.

But as my racing tire tests in shuffle lobbies proved... Some people will throw all of that away, just to try for a super-easy win against strangers who will very well know why they won. :boggled:

Yeah, seems weird to cheat in a club where you race for fun ^^ But that chassis reinforcement, does it really do that much on such slow cars? I've never used it on any car but i would have thought that was more of a small gain you could do with your maxed out cars.. but like i said, i have never tried it.

I don't know how big a gain it might be at 67hp. :lol:

But all I do know is that I don't want to have to replace 3 million credits worth of 45 cars & paint jobs just to run in my own series after they patch this crap.
Does everyone else?

Not to mention the 2 lists of about 30 more cars I'm planning to roll out soon.

Yeah, seems weird to cheat in a club where you race for fun ^^ But that chassis reinforcement, does it really do that much on such slow cars? I've never used it on any car but i would have thought that was more of a small gain you could do with your maxed out cars.. but like i said, i have never tried it.
But what about the luxury cars. I bet it might make a difference on those.

Okay I just tested Tuning Prohibited
1) I tried a PAO with 1-inch up wheels - it was allowed into the track
2) I tried a WAGON with chassis reinforcement - it was allowed to enter track
3) I tried putting a torque splitter on the WAGON... it was disallowed under tuning prohibited - even with the default setting

Anyway this is such bs.
Instead of tuning prohibited, they should have tuning restrictions that are more defined.
Like "ban all" or ban all this, or ban this part, or ban adjustments to this or that.

If they just did that - we'd be able to race vintage muscle cars with just transmission upgrades. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Well that's not good :nervous:. Can only hope that pd fixes this soon. If they ever fix it :ill:. I'm thinking they might never fix it because I'm pretty sure this isn't a glitch. It might be though.

Well that's not good :nervous:. Can only hope that pd fixes this soon. If they ever fix it :ill:. I'm thinking they might never fix it because I'm pretty sure this isn't a glitch. It might be though.
yeah and that's the rub.
If we allow it, then it changes... Everyone will have to re-purchase 3 million credits worth of cars, or withdraw.

You know I understand how this is a racing simulator and how you wouldnt be able to remove improvements made to the chassis and all, but this is still a game so why can't you just remove it, it would make everyone so much happier.

Why are you sure this isn't a glitch?

And I'm sorry but the forum is having loading problems so it's taking me forever to edit my posts to consolidate. So 🤬 if I double post already.

Anyway this is such bs.
Instead of tuning prohibited, they should have tuning restrictions that are more defined.
Like "ban all" or ban all this, or ban this part, or ban adjustments to this or that.

If they just did that - we'd be able to race vintage muscle cars with just transmission upgrades. :grumpy:

You mean like how we can choose to have Traction Control... or not.... Skid Recovery... or not....

Why not a section that said
Allow Chassis Tuning (Yes/No)
Allow Brake Balance Adjustment (Yes/No)
Allow Transmission Tuning (Yes/No)
Allow LSD or AYC Tuning (Yes/No)
Allow Any Power Tuning (Yes/No)
Allow Only Turbo or Supercharger ONLY for power (Yes/No)
Allow NOS for power (Yes/No)
Allow Tuning of Aero (Yes/No)
Allow Tuning of Weight (Yes/No)

You mean like how we can choose to have Traction Control... or not.... Skid Recovery... or not....

Why not a section that said
Allow Chassis Tuning (Yes/No)
Allow Brake Balance Adjustment (Yes/No)
Allow Transmission Tuning (Yes/No)
Allow LSD or AYC Tuning (Yes/No)
Allow Any Power Tuning (Yes/No)
Allow Only Turbo or Supercharger ONLY for power (Yes/No)
Allow NOS for power (Yes/No)
Allow Tuning of Aero (Yes/No)
Allow Tuning of Weight (Yes/No)

YES YES YES
I've been saying this since the beginning of GT5.
Why not allow people to really be able to spec the regulations!! 💡

You know I understand how this is a racing simulator and how you wouldnt be able to remove improvements made to the chassis and all, but this is still a game so why can't you just remove it, it would make everyone so much happier.
Yeah I mean there's a point where realism just is pointless.
I mean what would you want... to wear a suit while playing that can lacerate & poke you to have you feel the pain & suffer injuries when you crash in the game? :crazy: :lol:

(Oddly enough, I think there would still be aggressive dirty drivers. Then people would REALLY complain about damage heavy & someone else ruining things. :lol: :lol:)

Okay...

This is the thing... why allow upgraded wheels... but then disallow wings & aero parts. Which are more noticeable anyway?
(Of course in a game I used to play years back, people figured out how to glitch to make their armor invisible and their character look "naked"... so I guess somebody would probably find a way cheat there too eventually & have an invisible wing. :rolleyes:)

Kind of like this picture taken by @LeoStrop :lol:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/glitch-bug-photos.293851/#post-9107351

11457418445_ff44b85042_b.jpg

:lol:

Anyway, I did test... and the PAO with an added rear wing was NOT allowed into the track under Tuning Prohibited.

But I took it into a track just get a look at it. :odd: :lol:

paowing01.jpg

And this is with inch-up wheels.

Do you see a difference?

This is from someone racing in a race from Saturday:

2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf13-jpg.108080

2014-01-25-mmshuffdeepf15-jpg.108082

This is @LongbowX 's PAO

2014-01-25-mmshuffsuze14-jpg.107328

Someone else's PAO

2014-01-16-mmshufnurb07-jpg.102049

I suppose the other sign of the coin is that, say a driver like me who rarely threatens the podium suddenly wins a race, who's to day i haven't cheated? - I won't have but only I know that for certain. And someone might think I have. So trust is reduced.

Just to be on the safe side I expect I'll hang around at the back as usual tonight!!

I am not worried about anyone in particular, really, @jackargent ! After all, if we end up in the back, we start in the front with a faster car. I'm guessing I'm probably a mid-to-back-of-pack driver in this, and if I have a bad race, thus getting a car that's good (for me) on a track that is good (for me), then I should do pretty well (again... for me).

That's about the only way I do well. That, and for some reason I do OK at ovals, though I can't figure out why. Can't stand the idea of watching NASCAR.

Screen froze after race countdown before last race, damned you PD. :banghead:

Great racing tonight anyway, was a bit messy on some tracks but seems i missed some of the messiness as well. Now that the replays work I can review anything you'd like. :)

Screen froze after race countdown before last race, damned you PD. :banghead:

Indeed, that's rotten.

@jackargent I don't think anyone would be suspicious, I mean...a lot of these races are based on luck! As we could see clearly today. :lol:

I think that in addition to single-file through tight turn 1 chicanes, there should be a secondary rule that the leader goes when everyone is through the chicane. Because this way there is a massive gap between the first and last player. Especially since I waited for Phouchg/Niko who had to quit the race. I barely made it to the first chicane in time! Still, it would reduce the gap and produce closer racing.

Weird that my car even got on to the track since I didn't even get to the loading screen for the race. was still in practise with a red zero right in the middle of the screen

Back