Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

brst-thing-on-a-lazy-saturday-77986722415.jpg
Ok, ok, here are the Results:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-02-28 um 14.20.20.png

Wow, @amarynceos took the overall win without winning a race! :eek:👍
Bildschirmfoto 2016-02-28 um 14.24.55.png

And again, this time only by a tiny margin. Congrats all, see you next time, i'm planning to revive the Shuffle Series on Friday, watch this space for more to come.

BTW for all you Shufflers: @bloodyboyblue is putting together a Wagon Championship with races on Fridays 22:30UTC, it might just have enough shuffle flavour to tickle your interest and it is happening at a time that might be a little friendlier for the timezonally challenged. :cool:👍

:banghead:
I was dc'd 5 min after creating room. Wth?

Tacom couldn't get in.

Tacom made room and I can't get in.

There's been no acknowledgement of a problem yet? We can't all have internet problems and only on Sundays.

Last edited:
Sorry, but i'm away this Friday so no races tomorrow. :( But how about reviving the shuffle series starting next Friday?

Friday 11 March 19:30GMT - Shuffle Mixer Series 34 Event 1

Races
  1. Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04 @ Indianapolis Speedway
  2. Traffic @ Daytona Street Course
  3. Traffic @ Nürburgring GP-D
  4. Performance Coupés @ Apricot Hill Reverse
  5. Performance Coupés @ Grand Valley East Reverse
See you there! :cheers:

Fun races everybody! :)
Thanks all.

We did hairpins oval... I mean Oval Maze by @Bruno Pro
👍
Very entertaining. :D

Now mind the time next week because Daylight Savings Time starts here in the US on March 13th.
So well split the difference until Europe joins DST on March 27th.

3pm US EST / 12 noon US PST / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET / 20:00 UTC

(I know it's shocking for me to be up on the time zone daylight savings time thing... hope nobody just fainted from astonishment. :sly:)

Hey guys,

My wife is planning to stay at her parent’s house with our little baby the post-Easter week. So I have the place all to myself which means after long absence I’ll be able to do some online racing again. 👍

Actually I’d like to race as much as possible meaning that preferably I’d race Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening (European time). Since there are no club events planned on those days usually I’d host a Special Event where we could explore some fine Japanese tracks PD forgot to implement in the game. :cool:

--- Wednesday 30 March 2016 ---

--- 3:00pm US EDT / 12:00pm US PDT / 8:00pm GMT / 9:00pm CEST / 20:00 UTC ---

Makeshift Shuffle – Special Event:

-- JAPAN CUP ---

Host:

Patrick8308

Tracks:

Sportsland Sugo
Sendai Hi-Land Raceway
Autopolis

Car Lists Needed:

90s Sports
Retro
Track Day Specials

Schedule:

Race # 1: Sprint

4 laps @ Sportsland SUGO // Toyota SUPRA RZ '97 vs. Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V.spec II (R32) '94

Time: 10:00am
Time Progression: 12
Weather at Race Start: 0
Weather Changeability: 0

Surface Water at Race Start: 0

Race # 2: Endurance

10 laps @ Sportsland SUGO // 90s Sports
1 mandatory pit stop

Time: 2:00pm
Weather at Race Start: 25
Weather Changeability: 3

Race # 3: Sprint

3 laps @ Sendai Hi-Land Raceway // Mitsubishi LANCER EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83 vs. Toyota COROLLA Levin GT-Apex (AE86) '83

Race # 4: Endurance

8 laps @ Sendai Hi-Land Raceway // Retro
1 mandatory pit stop

Weather at Race Start: 50
Weather Changeability: 7
Surface Water at Race Start: 30

Race # 5: Sprint

4 laps @ Autopolis // Opera Performance S2000 '04 vs. Nismo FAIRLADY Z Z-tune (Z33) '03

Race # 6: Endurance

10 laps @ Autopolis // Track Day Specials
1 mandatory pit stop

Instructions:
  • Before the Sprint Races # 1, 3 and 5 there will be Practice time of approximately 10 - 15 min to get familiar with the custom tracks
  • The Sprint Races # 1, 3 and 5 offer two cars for individual selection
    • Both cars should be competitive with similar performance and lap times within 1 s
    • Every participant can choose one car according to personal taste
    • Though a mixed field would be the goal
  • The winner of each the Sprint Races # 1, 3 and 5 will select the used range of the default car list (subject to the number of participants) for each of the following Endurance Races # 2, 4 and 6
    • Hereby the winner can actually select his car of choice regarding the condition that the range ensures the last place driver will be assigned the highest number of the car list at most
  • The grid of the Sprint Races # 1, 3 and 5 could be determined by parity rating or simply kept random
  • The Endurance Races # 2, 4 and 6 will use RGO
  • As you may recognize the Sprint Races # 1, 3 and 5 will proceed under perfect, sunny conditions
  • The Endurance Races # 2, 4 and 6 will proceed partially under changing weather conditions with possible rain
  • For track change I’d have to create a new room but I guess the PSN should be stable during the week so that this should be no problem
  • The whole event should last about 2,5 hours

Query:
  • The event could also be held on Tuesday 29 March 2016 or Thursday 31 March 2016 subject to real life or other online racing schedules
  • The event starting time may be adjusted ± 1 hour to maximize the number of participants

Now it’s up to you to cast your vote! :)

Would you like to attend this Special Event?

Are adjustments to date and time necessary?

As mentioned I’ve big interest in racing Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as well. :cool: Are you guys up to doing another similar event, maybe on custom US tracks and with other lists? 💡 If that would be a custom track overdose I’d also be happy to do some normal Shuffle Mixer or Track Day event.

Last edited:
Sorry, little late but here is the menu:

Today 19:30GMT - Shuffle Mixer Series 34 Event 1

Races
  1. Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04 @ Indianapolis Speedway
  2. Traffic @ Daytona Street Course
  3. Traffic @ Nürburgring GP-D
  4. Performance Coupés @ Apricot Hill Reverse
  5. Performance Coupés @ Grand Valley East Reverse
Room will be up in a minute, see you there! :cheers:

Darn you network daemons!

It was pretty funny though at the end -- I wrote *sputter* *fizzle* *ded* and then it disco'd me from the lobby server.

:odd:

Guess I was asking for it.

Countdown to disco.

Is it still mainly on Sundays that this is happening?

I've checked everything I could at this point. :ouch:

Yup, mainly Sundays. Friday Track Days are usually just fine -- yeah the occasional 'ah nuts I can't see you mate, I'll rejoin' circumstance, but nothing serious. Same with Zero Cup; we don't too often have any issues there.

It's only Sundays that are consistently made of tangled interwebs. I'm struggling to remember the last time I saw a Sunday round go problem free, no matter who the room host or what the room configuration. Last Sunday I was seeing error codes I've not seen before, and getting booted in unfamiliar ways. That was my first encounter with the PSN signout error, for instance.

I basically never get anything but the occasional visibility issue on weekdays.

Back