Mapping "Zahara de la Sierra" (new GT6 track)

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 2,570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mopt
Thanks.

YAY!!!! Rally and Quick Match are back!!! :D
h

Mother of God................ Rally returns in GT6?
131427170373.jpg

@oli440 I don't believe anyone actually said anything about or is there any confirmation that there will be rally in GT6.

Yeah, i think rally is history in gt games. Cuz in each game its less and less. Its like 3 races in whole GT6. I wouldnt be surprised if there is no rally in GT7

@oli440 I don't believe anyone actually said anything about or is there any confirmation that there will be rally in GT6.
Maybe I'm overreacting.. I just saw the words 'Sierra Rally' on an earlier post. But if it's true, I might just be happy with GT6 for the first time.

It might just be a fancy name that goes with the Track. A bit like the Eiger Nordwand Short Track, which is technically a paved rally course.

Mother of God................ Rally returns in GT6?

Probably not like you think. "Rally" does not always mean "cars going sideways on dirt", technically a rally race is a point-to-point event where drivers race against the clock. Top Gear did an episode with a vintage rally where they just drove the cars from one designated point to another. As others have mentioned, GT5 featured something like this with the AMG Driving Academy where they broke up the Nordschlife into various bits. The Zahara/Sierra time trial will likely be the same thing, we will do individual sections of it first, then we will do the whole thing combined.

Yeah, i think rally is history in gt games. Cuz in each game its less and less. Its like 3 races in whole GT6. I wouldnt be surprised if there is no rally in GT7

There's less rally recently, but I wouldn't declare it dead in GT yet. Driving on Dirt and Snow is a really cool feature, and is one thing that makes GT somewhat unique compared to other racing sims. Having both tarmac and unpaved roads to drive on with the same game is a great challenge. They do, however, need to boost the number of events for GT7. Or even GT6.

The thing is, if the word 'Rally' is among the update notes, it makes me interested..

Probably not like you think. "Rally" does not always mean "cars going sideways on dirt", technically a rally race is a point-to-point event where drivers race against the clock. Top Gear did an episode with a vintage rally where they just drove the cars from one designated point to another. As others have mentioned, GT5 featured something like this with the AMG Driving Academy where they broke up the Nordschlife into various bits. The Zahara/Sierra time trial will likely be the same thing, we will do individual sections of it first, then we will do the whole thing combined.

Yes, an actual point to point rally event where it's all on one track is something I thought I'd never see, but it does make me wonder....

Rally=Meh

If it were endurance...

Maybe with B-Spec.

I can't imagine rally racing in a GT game ever being part of B-Spec. The most endurance it could get is if PD were to bring back the point to point rallies that were in GT5, but make them considerably longer. Maybe 10 mins long for each stage. Multiply this by the number of stages in an event (lets say there's six), and you'd be on randomly generated stages driving for a whole hour. Maybe even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, an actual point to point rally event where it's all on one track is something I thought I'd never see, but it does make me wonder....

I wouldn't wonder, I'd almost bet money it does not mean anything like WRC rally. We can see from the videos it has the same yellow markers on track just like the AMG Driving Academy or any of the license tests. This will likely be something done in single-player mode done against the clock, and the point-to-point option will not be available for anything outside of that specific game mode.

I wouldn't wonder, I'd almost bet money it does not mean anything like WRC rally. We can see from the videos it has the same yellow markers on track just like the AMG Driving Academy or any of the license tests. This will likely be something done in single-player mode done against the clock, and the point-to-point option will not be available for anything outside of that specific game mode.
Possibly, but if it's point to point, it's a step in the right direction, and something different at least...

Why do I have a feeling there will be something negative about this track that won't really let us enjoy it at its full potential?

Will judge next week when it's out...

At this point, it's really hard to care. It would have been interesting 7 months ago though.

I know, right? It's really hard to feel excited about this for some reason. I really want to, but I imagine myself playing this thing and yawning just a few minutes later. It's just been too long...

Why do I have a feeling there will be something negative about this track that won't really let us enjoy it at its full potential?

Well, we can already see that it has at least one big jump in it, which is rubbish. 👎

No, it hypes up the content about to be released. PD sure does want a hyped up fanbase, not a calm one. The negative nancies already bought the game and there is no pleasing them so why bother, are they even a part of the "fanbase"? PD will do what they do like them or hate them it is what it is.

I dated a lady named Nancy, she was definetly negative :nervous:

Actually, this event (or this variation of the track) featured on the NicoNico stream is called 'Sierra Time Rally'
sZO0MHx.jpg

1cHnCZ9.jpg

Yx5Wecs.jpg

so, probably BrandonW77 is right
maybe Sierra will be a (or several) special event on the main menu (just like Senna's tribute) with point-to-point and others variations
Do you mean that when we receive the track, we will not be able to drive it online? :(

@BrandonW77 ...there's at least one place on the Nordschleife where cars regularly leave the track
voEgSSD.jpg

tumblr_lyx9v8FF3a1r0brpio1_500.jpg

Zahara is after all "public roads" so if there's a spot where cars leave the track that's just how the road is in that spot

Yeah that's rubbish, what race track in real life would have a jump?

F1%2067%20Nurburgring.JPG

Dang... beat to it lol

FYI Stuff1138, your second pic is 'shopped.

I said "BIG" jump. The ones at the Nordschleife are small jumps where you barely leave the ground which means you can keep control. The one shown on the video is less Nordschleife and more Dukes of Hazzard, which IMO doesn't make for very good racing. Kinda like that rubbish jump on Cape Ring. :rolleyes:

Do you mean that when we receive the track, we will not be able to drive it online? :(
Judging by the first trailer, i think Sierra/ Zahara will be available in 4 or 5 variations (something like Cape Ring)
maybe this 'point-to-point' event is offline only and the other variations (including the full track) will be available online too
btw, at this point it's just speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back