Mapping "Zahara de la Sierra" (new GT6 track)

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 2,570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
Alex_Mac_
So we saw the video last week of the new track coming to GT6 some time in February. Kaz has said the track is "Zahara de la Sierra" in Spain and will be longer than the Nurburgring. After watching the video I searched the location on Google Maps and it appears the track will run around the lake "Embalse de Zahara-el Gastor", primarily on the A-2300 and the A-374. Google Maps has a street view of the roads and I would like to piece together a concept track map using the street view and shots from the video, if anyone would like to join me.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I've just tested the lenght of the visible road that surrounds the lake and goes up to algodonales and back to the starting point, and its 34 km long approx. so its not exactly it.

I've just tested the lenght of the visible road that surrounds the lake and goes up to algodonales and back to the starting point, and its 34 km long approx. so its not exactly it.
Well all we know length wise is that it is longer than the Nurburing which is 26km. Hopefully it isn't just the A-2300 and A-374, it could duck off through towns like Zahara, Montecoto, El Gator, and/or Algodonales.

Well all we know length wise is that it is longer than the Nurburing which is 26km. Hopefully it isn't just the A-2300 and A-374, it could duck off through towns like Zahara, Montecoto, El Gator, and/or Algodonales.

Wait... Longer than the Nordschleife (21 km), or longer than the complete Nurburgring+NurbGP (26km) ??

Wait... Longer than the Nordschleife (21 km), or longer than the complete Nurburgring+NurbGP (26km) ??
Longer than the combined I think, it's suppose to become the longest track in the game.

Okay I did some Google Earth research and some Paint work.

Here's what its possible to be... as long as the circuit surrounds the whole lake, which we don't have any evidence lol. Or do we?

Info: The 27,5 lenght could be modified a bit up and down of course, depending on how exactly is the controversial zone. This zone has been done because the existing roads available would make the circuit longer than announced (about 34 km) so it's basically a shortcut

Zahara1.png

Detail of the controversial zone which lacks some bits of road/path which should be created by PD.

Zahara2.png

Last edited:
@NixxxoN

Well what is we are wrong about it going around the lake? It definitely goes water side on the A-2300. I have been matching up shots from the video with mountains in the back drop of some of the shots, and as I've attached a picture to match the last shot in the video. Also, has anyone found the part with the stone blocks lining the edge of the road? Also I can't find any hairpin which I believed was showed in the video.

image.jpg

Okay I did some Google Earth research and some Paint work.

Here's what its possible to be... as long as the circuit surrounds the whole lake, which we don't have any evidence lol. Or do we?

Info: The 27,5 lenght could be modified a bit up and down of course, depending on how exactly is the controversial zone. This zone has been done because the existing roads available would make the circuit longer than announced (about 34 km) so it's basically a shortcut

View attachment 107819

Detail of the controversial zone which lacks some bits of road/path which should be created by PD.

View attachment 107821

At 0:33 you can see the FT-1 going past a right hander turn, just before the the scene changes to those two cars at sunset, you can see a wall on the left and a left hand turn, and the only point I saw it was similar, is in the road you cut down

I'm working on this, too, when I'm finished with all the points I recognize, I will post my results :)

Last edited:
@NixxxoN

Well what is we are wrong about it going around the lake? It definitely goes water side on the A-2300. I have been matching up shots from the video with mountains in the back drop of some of the shots, and as I've attached a picture to match the last shot in the video. Also, has anyone found the part with the stone blocks lining the edge of the road? Also I can't find any hairpin which I believed was showed in the video.
At 0:33 you can see the FT-1 going past a right hander turn, just before the the scene changes to those two cars at sunset, you can see a wall on the left and a left hand turn, and the only point I saw it was similar, is in the road to cut down

I'm working on this, too, when I'm finished with all the points I recognize, I will post my results :)
To be honest its very hard to recognize stuff on the video besides the Zahara village... For me it can only be the surrounding lake road, I dont see any obvious alternatives on Google Earth.

I think that's the point of this, find everything we recognize from the video, not EVERYTHING in the video

I analised the final part on the video, there's a wind turbine right after those houses, and haven't found any wind turbine in Google Earth. :odd:

I analised the final part on the video, there's a wind turbine right after those houses, and haven't found any wind turbine in Google Earth. :odd:
The wind turbines are confusing the 🤬 out of me too. I'm also confused by the lack of shrubs around the track in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, could we be going through the town of Zahara? There are some paved roads to relink to A-2300, would that make up the .5 distance? Can't wait to look at this closer after work.

So here it is everything I recognized from the video and Google's street view

Black dots mark the location

Ronda puntos.PNG

A) (Not relevant) 0:00 - 0:03 (Camera angle, arrow is indicating where it is pointing at)
B) (Not relevant) 0:07 - 0:10 (Same as above)
C) 0:21 - 0:31
D) 0:32 - 0:34
E) 0:48 - 0:54
F) 1:05 - 1:15

C and F are in the same place :)

I couldn't recognize:

0:04 - 0:06
0:11 - 0:20
0:35 - 0:47
0:55 - 1:04

And those two last camera angles do not show anything that gives us some information.

I'm starting to think that this is a point to point track... But who knows? :confused:

So here it is everything I recognized from the video and Google's street view

Black dots mark the location

View attachment 107849

A) (Not relevant) 0:00 - 0:03 (Camera angle, arrow is indicating where it is pointing at)
B) (Not relevant) 0:07 - 0:10 (Same as above)
C) 0:21 - 0:31
D) 0:32 - 0:34
E) 0:48 - 0:54
F) 1:05 - 1:15

C and F are in the same place :)

I couldn't recognize:

0:04 - 0:06
0:11 - 0:20
0:35 - 0:47
0:55 - 1:04

And those two last camera angles do not show anything that gives us some information.

I'm starting to think that this is a point to point track... But who knows? :confused:

I was just about to suggest the same thing....? Should we try following it up the CA-5311?

Is this track going to be free...? or paid DLC? Dont want to raise my spirit just to knock it down later.
Looks epic though!

Is this track going to be free...? or paid DLC? Dont want to raise my spirit just to knock it down later.
Looks epic though!

I wouldn't expect this to be free. It's a new track. New content. They've given us a couple of free stuff already. Not saying I wouldn't want it for free, but I think PD could use some extra bucks to keep working on those sounds :D As long as it's quality content, and genuinely new, then (at least I) don't mind paying. And you say, this track indeed looks epic.

I have like 7 bucks left on my wallet... it better not be no more than 5 :nervous:

Looks epic though!

I wouldn't expect this to be free. It's a new track. New content. They've given us a couple of free stuff already. Not saying I wouldn't want it for free, but I think PD could use some extra bucks to keep working on those sounds :D As long as it's quality content, and genuinely new, then (at least I) don't mind paying. And you say, this track indeed looks epic.

I have like 7 bucks left on my wallet... it better not be no more than 5 :nervous:
I actually think its going to be free, but we'll see. Hopefully by February we are taking early to mid February!

Also, why does it say Son at the top of my last post? I didn't type that. How did that happen?

Coordinates?
The road I found is too narrow to be it, however if your point C is correct than perhaps PD is being inaccurate with the barriers, like swapping out the Armco for the stone blocks? Which would also explain the windmills, which I really don't understand. Like, those wind turbines really aren't a thing of beauty I want to be looking at like the stone blocks are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back