March 2024 update predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
England
England
GT_reddevil321
Probably more of the same as last time - 3 cars and a few menu books. In terms of cars, I predict either 1 or 2 of the datamine cars because of the last update to me indicates the focus on these datamine cars (for being specific but most definitely won’t be these but I’ll predict):

• Mazda RX-7 Type R ‘91 - haven’t got a first type FD RX-7 so would fit right in with the S14, GTO etc.
  • Aston Martin Vantage ‘18 - a newer shape sort of car is always welcome and I feel the Vantage will be very welcomed.
  • Either a VGT (I hope not), a debutant car or another old Gran Turismo return - if I had to pick one, I’ll go for the old Gran Turismo return with the Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus ‘00 (not based on the apparent leaks of it as I feel that has no substance in my opinion, but wouldn’t be surprised if PD decided to release it anyways).

Honestly, I don’t think any of these 3 will appear in the next update but you never know eh…

4 new cars (2-3 of which from the datamine leak)
MAYBE 1 new track: the most likely candidates are Apricot Hill, Indianapolis, Pikes Peak or Gilles Villanouve (Montreal)
1-2 new menu cafe books and 1-2 new menu collection books
Maybe a new set of missions/ 2h endurances
New engine swaps
A couple of QoL here and there in lobbies
Bug fixes

I think we see maybe a Genesis VGT Gr.1, a returning car from previous GTs and a new to the game car. I would like to think they would have a new track but I doubt it. I think we get an engine swap for the R4 and maybe the TT. I think we will see an extra menu with the Lancers

8hy3bc.jpg

I surprised they even bothered scanning the 2018 Vantage when the Vantage just got a mid-cycle facelift. PD must have known from Aston in the last 3-4 years the Vantage was going to get a heavy facelift, since the UK car industry was very aware of it.

I surprised they even bothered scanning the 2018 Vantage when the Vantage just got a mid-cycle facelift. PD must have known from Aston in the last 3-4 years the Vantage was going to get a heavy facelift, since the UK car industry was very aware of it.
Remember how they added the original Porsche 996 GT3 back in GT Sport and not the facelifted model? They deliberately chose the older car, so my guess is that PD is unbothered by such things. So am I to be honest.

Last edited:
Going with 4 cars this time, 2 from datamine

1 returning premium BMW m5 e60
2 Ferrari 812 superfast
3 Toyota gtone ts020
4 ford gt40 mkll 66

i think this update could bring a new track as well
A new track can't also be fully ruled out, IMHO. Maybe Apricot Hill or Montreal/Gilles Villanouve

Given that the last racing car added was the Mazda 3 Gr4 way back in September, and the fact there has been a backlash from the player base I predict that the next update will feature at least one.

We've already been teased a crowd pleaser, which I'm guessing will be a popular returning car from previous games.

My guesses are:

Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX '00 (Gr3) - a legendary car from classic Gran Turismo games of the past and one we know is in the data mine.

Genesis Vision Gran Turismo (Gr1) - it has been a very long time since a Gr1 car was added. I don't think this one is likely to please or excite players, but it will add a little more variety to the Gr1 roster.

Hyundai i30 N '18 - there is usually a recent-ish road car in these updates and the Hyundai selection is somewhat sparse. The i30 N is a good shout and we could potentially see a Gr4 variant down the line.

BMW 2002 Turbo '73 - we haven't had a new legend car for quite some time and this one is in the data mine.

I think there could be a track but I wouldn't put money on it. I do think we will get the much-demanded Gr1 race at Le Mans when the Genesis VGT Gr1 is added and hopefully the payout will be decent.

Three cars, but this time that includes a race car.

Menu books of course.

Maybe the addition of Sophy to more tracks?

-

I think we're past the point where new tracks just drop out of the blue.

3 cars of which 2 or 3 are irrelevant to me
Scapes that I don't care for
Menus that I will never complete
Engine swaps that I will never use

I'm hoping, sorry couldn't resist the wishful thinking itch, 1 new real life circuit, 20 car grids, new hud, an extra daily race, ability to save setups in daily races.

I could see some new race cars and/or a new track being revealed for the GTWS and/or Toyota GR Cup, but I don’t think that’d be until later this spring. (I wonder if for the Toyota GR Cup, we could get the Daihatsu Copen GR Sport?)

That said, I can’t really say there’s ever been a set of cars added that I didn’t like. I’m still waiting on a potential Gr.1-spec Genesis VGT, too.

It does seem like we’re also back to getting one quintet of engine swaps at a time, but I can’t complain about that, either. I’m glad the D1GP-spec BRZ engine finally got another car since I had been hanging onto a spare engine for a long time. That said, I also had a spare engine for the Corvette (C6) ZR1 and the Aventador SV, so I wonder where those two could go? I could see them getting put into the Pontiac GTO Judge and the Countach LP400, respectively.

Last edited:
Going by the chat in the datamine and general discussion threads I’ll bring this up again. If it’s a car most people will like.

Maybe it’s more likely this Caterham…

…than this Caterham…

…if it’s a Caterham at all.

Reactions: kjb
4 cars, at least two from the leaked list:
  • Audi R8 V10 2016 or Ferrari 812/F12 Tdf
  • Nissan GT-R R35 2007 or Nismo Skyline GT-R R34 Z Tune
  • Afeela
  • Lancia Delta Integrale rally car/ *Lancia Delta S4/ Audi Quattro rally car
No new track.
Scapes
Extra menus, this time I'm going to say one about VGT cars and I believe that at some point we'll have a menu involving the Bulgari and Dior cars

* about the Delta S4, my vote goes to the rally car but the Stradale would be great as well

I think it'd be real cool to get an Extra Menu featuring the three LMP1 racers specifically from the 2016 WEC season. Or maybe we could have a Fiat menu, especially if we get the Coupe and the 124 Sport Spider to join the classic 500 F.

EDIT: I wonder if there could also be a Pikes Peak-themed Extra Menu? We do have three cars that were involved in it somehow, between the Suzuki Escudo, the Audi Sport Quattro, and the Volkswagen ID.R.

EDIT2: A Peugeot Extra Menu would be great, too, but I'd really like the road-going version of the 205 T16 to compliment the Group B Rally Car first. At which point, that menu could include the 205 T16, the 908 LMP1, and either the RCZ or the 208 GTI.

Then there's also the idea of even a Plymouth-themed Extra Menu, featuring the Superbird, the Hemi 'Cuda from GT6, and maybe even the Plymouth-branded version of the Prowler. Or maybe the XNR Roadster could take that last one's place. Pontiac could get one featuring both models currently in the game, but I'd also love to see the first-generation GTO from '66 as the third model.

Last edited:
I think it'd be real cool to get an Extra Menu featuring the three LMP1 racers specifically from the 2016 WEC season. Or maybe we could have a Fiat menu, especially if we get the Coupe and the 124 Sport Spider to join the classic 500 F.

EDIT: I wonder if there could also be a Pikes Peak-themed Extra Menu? We do have three cars that were involved in it somehow, between the Suzuki Escudo, the Audi Sport Quattro, and the Volkswagen ID.R.

EDIT2: A Peugeot Extra Menu would be great, too, but I'd really like the road-going version of the 205 T16 to compliment the Group B Rally Car first. At which point, that menu could include the 205 T16, the 908 LMP1, and either the RCZ or the 208 GTI.

Then there's also the idea of even a Plymouth-themed Extra Menu, featuring the Superbird, the Hemi 'Cuda from GT6, and maybe even the Plymouth-branded version of the Prowler. Or maybe the XNR Roadster could take that last one's place. Pontiac could get one featuring both models currently in the game, but I'd also love to see the first-generation GTO from '66 as the third model.
I think it'd be real cool to get the extra menu you've mentioned and maybe a new set of endurance missions of at least 2-3 hours length

I think it'd be real cool to get the extra menu you've mentioned and maybe a new set of endurance missions of at least 2-3 hours length
If we're gonna get a new set of missions that aren't the 24h endurances that they've alluded to, I'd rather see a continuation of the other missions. For example, the last drag race implies there are more like it to come. Plus we could see a new mission set specifically featuring cars/tracks that've been added since The Human Comedy. That said, I don't see why there can't be one or two missions mixed in a new set of eight that do indeed feature the sort of event you're mentioning. I think a 3hr maximum would be best in this hypothetical scenario, with much longer endurances being the main feature of a future set.

To expand on your idea of endurances, I think it'd be great to have endurances that are modeled on ones from older GT titles. For example, a race featuring the various Mazda Roadster models - barring the Touring Car and NR-A - at Apricot Hill, if that track returns as well as the NB and NC Roadster models.

That's also before we mention the fact that endurances don't necessarily need to be limited to the missions - or at least ones up to 1hr, as we do have the 1hr WTC 800 race at Spa-Francorchamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back