March 2024 update predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
when did you get last real track? šŸ˜³ it's obviously they aren't willing to pay licences...
maybe I am wrong..but it sure looks to me that way...they could make pikes peak as mission challenge paid dlc...I guess they have elevation and wind problems with the track šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Jumping to conclusions much? So far GT7 has received two real circuits and two fictional circuits since the game was released. Thatā€™s an even split. I would not read too much into the order in which they arrived in the game. Not anything at all really.

Last edited:
I've come to the conclusion that all these car updates have something to do with content that's already in the game. They love trifectas of cars. March's update will either fill in some sort of gap with a family of cars that is currently incomplete, or introduce three brand new cars that will probably be included as an extra menu. Are there any trifectas y'all can think of like this?

Outside the current content, there are countless numbers of possible extra menus. A Lotus extra menu would be spectacular - Elise, Evora, Emira or some other combo - but I'm pretty sure that horse is dead. The potential is huge to include new brands but we'd surely here rumblings in the media about that.

So, probably has something to do with trifecta extra menus and definitely related to existing manufacturers in the game.

What makes you say that? What issue?
Just my opinion, the last real world track was NĆ¼rburgring Endurance & Sprint layouts, last March 7, 2023 update 1.31, these where new layouts to an existing track that was in the game, creating new AI lines adding barriers, etc., so it would be reasonable that these tracks would take less time and effort the create than starting one from scratch, saving money, Road Atlanta was the last newly created real world track that was November 22, 2022 update 1.26. The sense I've been getting with the game, PD are using things like Vision cars as filler for real world content, a lot made up advertising boards on tracks, instead of real life brands (I know this was also in Sport) like in past GT's, tracks such as Silverstone not returning, it to me seems that Sony not cracking the check book open as much as they did in the past, thus I'm not expecting much.

Just my opinion, the last real world track was NĆ¼rburgring Endurance & Sprint layouts, last March 7, 2023 update 1.31, these where new layouts to an existing track that was in the game, creating new AI lines adding barriers, etc., so it would be reasonable that these tracks would take less time and effort the create than starting one from scratch, saving money, Road Atlanta was the last newly created real world track that was November 22, 2022 update 1.26. The sense I've been getting with the game, PD are using things like Vision cars as filler for real world content, a lot made up advertising boards on tracks, instead of real life brands (I know this was also in Sport) like in past GT's, tracks such as Silverstone not returning, it to me seems that Sony not cracking the check book open as much as they did in the past, thus I'm not expecting much.
I agree....
they probably have already "made" content to push with updates...so that they give us impression they are really doing something about the game...
I am curious when content is actually made by PD... and how they decide when to push it out...
if gt8 is in making..and they hold tracks, vehicles for next game...we are talking 3 years old content šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

it's super technical, super flowy...Great for racing
That's literally the opposite of what is great for racing. It's probably great for time trials but not racing. Technical means there's only one line that works, and flowy means it's all high speed with no hard braking zones where passing can occur.

Might be a wild suggestion, but maybe they're bringing back one original track or even two original tracks together into one update? I mean, it's been quite some time since Lake Louise has been added, and since Grand Valley Highway has been added aswell. Or, that they might add / bring back a real life track.

IF that would be the case, I'd want to see Autumn Ring and / or Apricot Hill for the originals, and for the real life location, either Twin Ring Motegi or Infineon Raceway :)

Again, wild suggestions, might be right, might be wrong :)

Might be a wild suggestion, but maybe they're bringing back one original track or even two original tracks together into one update? I mean, it's been quite some time since Lake Louise has been added, and since Grand Valley Highway has been added aswell. Or, that they might add / bring back a real life track.

IF that would be the case, I'd want to see Autumn Ring and / or Apricot Hill for the originals, and for the real life location, either Twin Ring Motegi or Infineon Raceway :)

Again, wild suggestions, might be right, might be wrong :)
Will be wrong. It would be a miracle if we even got a track any time soon, let alone two at once.

The future of GT7 is looking so poor, that I've stopped dreaming. I just take whatever PD decides to toss at us next.
Fair point, considering how much of a letdown most updates were, last update that really got me to play a lot of GT was when the Master Licenses came out :/

I want some old tracks back, but after the disappointing GV, and Lake, I would rather have a real world circuit. At least those, for the most part, have endured the test of time.

If their is a new track i prefer a original circuit, i enjoyed both Grand valley highway 1 and lake louise only real world tracks i would hold in high regard campared to original circuits would be either road america or motogi, but if their is new track any time soon this month makes more sense to do it,
1 now and 1 more when ps5 pro drops

Last edited:
If their is a new track i prefer a original circuit, i enjoyed both Grand valley highway 1 and lake louise only real world tracks i would hold in high regard campared to original circuits would be either road america or motogi, but if their is new track any time soon this month makes more sense to do it,
1 now and 1 more when ps5 pro drops
Personally did a 180 on that. Used to be all about original tracks, but now I don't really much for them anymore (Tokyo being the exception)

I expect one track in March or April and one in October or November.

I believe that will be it for tracks in GT7.

On the car front I'd be amazed if we don't get a classic competition car in the next update.

My bets are one of the following:

Toyota GT-ONE
Nissan R390
Porsche 911 GT1 '98
Castrol Honda NSX
Lancia Delta S4
Lancia Delta Integrale

New competition cars? I can only see the following as possibles:

Porsche 963
Peugeot 9X8
Toyota Supra GT500
Porsche 992 GT3 Cup

As cool as all that would be I'd be happy with a selection of new Missions. Maybe PD can change the rewards system so payouts are repeatable? Seems a rather sensible way to increase replay-ability of events that have clearly had some time and effort poured into them.

Last edited:
I've come to the conclusion that all these car updates have something to do with content that's already in the game. They love trifectas of cars. March's update will either fill in some sort of gap with a family of cars that is currently incomplete, or introduce three brand new cars that will probably be included as an extra menu. Are there any trifectas y'all can think of like this?

Outside the current content, there are countless numbers of possible extra menus. A Lotus extra menu would be spectacular - Elise, Evora, Emira or some other combo - but I'm pretty sure that horse is dead. The potential is huge to include new brands but we'd surely here rumblings in the media about that.

So, probably has something to do with trifecta extra menus and definitely related to existing manufacturers in the game.
There are quite a few holes to fill:
1st Gen RX-7*
2nd & 3rd MX-5
1st & 2nd Gen MR2
1st Gen Cayman and/or 1st Gen Boxster (Midship Porsches)
E36 M3 (M3s)
2nd Gen Impreza (Bug eye - WRXs)
C5 Corvette (Late model Corvettes)
Ferrari 355 and/or Ferrari 360 (N/A MR V8 Ferrari Supercars)
DC5 Integra & New Integra (Integras)
FD2 Civic Type R (CTRs)
TVR Sagaris & TVR Cerbera (TVR Speed)
MK5 Golf GTI (nobody cares about Mk3, Mk4, or Mk6 GTIs, but the Mk5 was a pretty notable car, and pairs nicely with the MK1 and MK7 already in the game)

*I would really like to see an earlier FD RX-7 as well, I prefer the look of the early cars.

Last edited:
2nd Gen Impreza (Bug eye - WRXs)
We already have this generation with the blobeye. What we donā€™t have is a third generation Impreza WRX STI. However, the skeleton of this car is used in GT7 to illustrate car upgrades. Strong hint it might arrive eventually as the 2010 sedan.

Reactions: kjb
Personally did a 180 on that. Used to be all about original tracks, but now I don't really much for them anymore (Tokyo being the exception)
Gt7 needs more city tracks, not many racing games those days have any city tracks, Tokyo r246 or special state route 5 would be awesome

We already have this generation with the blobeye. What we donā€™t have is a third generation Impreza WRX STI. However, the skeleton of this car is used in GT7 to illustrate car upgrades. Strong hint it might arrive eventually as the 2010 sedan.
That's an interesting point. I've never cared for the third gen Impreza so I haven't noticed that it's not in the game...particularly since it IS in tuning shop thumbnails.

I knew it was an Impreza but I didn't really zero in on what model it was. Now I am going to see that every time I do an upgrade šŸ¤£

Something Iā€™m not sure if I should hope for is an extra menu focusing on McLaren, because I donā€™t see one that doesnā€™t somehow involve one of the three incarnations of the F1. Besides, there are a sizable amount of models Iā€™d like to see added for McLaren before that, like the ā€œnormalā€ P1.

Thereā€™s also no way we can get a Mini menu, either - though I could see one featuring the original Cooper, the newer one, and the Countryman that had appeared in the PS3 era if it returns. That said, Iā€™d be down for a Mini Cooper with the JCW label, too.

Last edited:
MX-5 menu as well.

In inline-six menu would be cool. We've got plenty of them.

Reactions: kjb
It's not true at all, it's taken from this guy's twitter

Both of who are just harbouring an absolutely atrociously malicious part of the community for the sake of.. twitter views, I guess? Weird stuff.

THX FOR ANSWER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back