Mario Kart 8

• Thread starter Brend
  • 1,093 comments
I accepted ;)

It's been 2 days in the TT Challenge and currently I'm the only one pulling a time in Challenge 1-A. 1-B has yet to have a time but since you can submit once, it is understandable :).
I actually submitted for both challenges but I'm not sure if either I submitted it wrong or you haven't found it yet.

I actually submitted for both challenges but I'm not sure if either I submitted it wrong or you haven't found it yet.
Might take a while for them to be properly sent then ;)...

or, just in case.... Did you upload them to MKTV using the Highlight Reel?

Though, perhaps the issue was you added me AFTER you uploaded them so you might have to upload them again...

Last edited:
So after a few days of playing this new DLC content, i'm pretty happy with it. Dry Bowser has ended up being my main.

200cc is like...REALLY punishing on the heavy characters, unless I need to practice some more. The AI wrecks me by about race 3.

I'd be up for some races with you guys if you're still playing!

So after a few days of playing this new DLC content, i'm pretty happy with it. Dry Bowser has ended up being my main.

200cc is like...REALLY punishing on the heavy characters, unless I need to practice some more. The AI wrecks me by about race 3.

I'd be up for some races with you guys if you're still playing!
I should be on tonight around 9:30ish if you feel like some races, I will leave a message on your profile when I'm headed on. Same for anyone else who wishes to join. :)

I'll be up for a little bit of races :).
I should be on tonight around 9:30ish if you feel like some races, I will leave a message on your profile when I'm headed on. Same for anyone else who wishes to join. :)
@Xenn The Heavies, Metals and Super Heavies are all right in 200. I play as Dry Bowser a lot and I can manage all right. Though this likely because I ride Inside Drifting Bikes which seem rather broken in 200cc despite the requirements to brake more than the Outies.

Last edited:
According to a lot of high level players, it seems that karts are still somewhat king, though karts vs bikes are far far closer than what they've been in 150cc. Even if they have higher handling stats, bikes still take turns much wider.

Yeah, i'm more of a Kart user than Bikes.

I use Dry Bowser + Pipe Frame + GLA Wheels + Golden Glider.

I may switch my setup around if I still can't handle it that well.

I seem to have a much more easier time on a bike :lol: Bikes only reall take hairpins wide though, they're pretty tight on a lot of the other corners. SNES Rainbow Road and Wii Moo Moo Meadows etc. can really show what Bikes can do.

I thought they were very balanced in 150cc except for the fact that insides couldn't fire hop (which I don't like anyway so It never bothers me). Which is likely why we don't see any Bike WR on Bike favoured tracks.

I use White Yoshi/Dry Bowser - Jet Bike - Whatever wheels suit the situation - Super Glider.

Last edited:
Maybe you just prefer bikes Reshi, what is generally considered to be the best doesn't apply to everyone I suppose. :D I use Isabelle, P-Wing and in terms of wheels I change it up quite often.

Maybe you just prefer bikes Reshi, what is generally considered to be the best doesn't apply to everyone I suppose. :D I use Isabelle, P-Wing and in terms of wheels I change it up quite often.
I wasn't really saying they were the best, I just said they felt a bit OP in 200 to be able to compete with 10000s and over online when I was in @Doodle lobby. (While it is proven without fire hopping that tracks favour different vehicles in the other classes).

I know I prefer Bikes just because Inside Drifting feels so satisfying for me, for some reason :lol:. I do use ATVs and Karts from time to time as well especially my favourite MK7 combo that works here too (B Dasher, Sponge, Flower Glider) :P. I like to spice but I always go to my trusty Jet Bike from time to time :).

I wasn't really saying they were the best, I just said they felt a bit OP in 200 to be able to compete with 10000s and over online when I was in @Doodle lobby. (While it is proven without fire hopping that tracks favour different vehicles in the other classes).

I know I prefer Bikes just because Inside Drifting feels so satisfying for me, for some reason :lol:. I do use ATVs and Karts from time to time as well especially my favourite MK7 combo that works here too (B Dasher, Sponge, Flower Glider) :P. I like to spice but I always go to my trusty Jet Bike from time to time :).
VR only describes so much I'd say, I have no doubt you are a fast racer in all honesty and VR only serves as a minor gauge of consistency rather than outright skill. If someone plays long enough, I have no doubt they could get huge numbers, I personally prefer the Win-Loss ratio shown on the stats page to show how someone has been performing.

VR only describes so much I'd say, I have no doubt you are a fast racer in all honesty and VR only serves as a minor gauge of consistency rather than outright skill. If someone plays long enough, I have no doubt they could get huge numbers, I personally prefer the Win-Loss ratio shown on the stats page to show how someone has been performing.
I didn't even know the Win-Loss Record was a thing on here :lol:.

Anyway, I actually think we can have a MK Tournament... I think we've all found a good time to race and weekends should be decent days. We could have a Tourney whenever we feel like it on the weekends :D. No set time :)

I didn't even know the Win-Loss Record was a thing on here :lol:.

Anyway, I actually think we can have a MK Tournament... I think we've all found a good time to race and weekends should be decent days. We could have a Tourney whenever we feel like it on the weekends :D. No set time :)
I'd be up for that. I have been racing in the 4Chan community recently and I really enjoy being in an actual 'tournament' setting rather than Worldwide where anything(lag included) goes! :lol:

Okay, guys...I'm going to set up the new GTP community but I would like a list of all those competing just to be sure, then we can organize a day of the week to do it.

Please reply to this post for me to see you are interested.

Okay, guys...I'm going to set up the new GTP community but I would like a list of all those competing just to be sure, then we can organize a day of the week to do it.

Please reply to this post for me to see you are interested.
Oh......

I already did that just in case :lol:

@Classic 9829-1657-3966 ;)

I turned the A.I on because I expect there'll only be 2 or 3 people each time...

want to enter the first session of GTPlanet Cup with me ;)? t's open all the time on weekends...

Last edited:
@Doodle and I had some more great racing together with this being the Cherry on Top :D

What a Race :). @Doodle, you're the first racer I know that I take seriously (out of whom I've raced of Course :P).

Just read that Sakurai has hinted at more modes being added to Smash Bros in the coming future and that got me thinking, I wonder if Nintendo would consider something similar for Mario Kart 8. I know we've had practically half a Mario Kart game in terms of DLC already but I wouldn't mind a few things like a mission or scenario mode.

Just read that Sakurai has hinted at more modes being added to Smash Bros in the coming future and that got me thinking, I wonder if Nintendo would consider something similar for Mario Kart 8. I know we've had practically half a Mario Kart game in terms of DLC already but I wouldn't mind a few things like a mission or scenario mode.
Mission mode isn't anything new, it was in MKDS though it would be a good mode to return :), along with the Boo Item, I want to steal items again :D

Mission mode isn't anything new, it was in MKDS though it would be a good mode to return :), along with the Boo Item, I want to steal items again :D
I know it was in MKDS. I would just like it to return. :)

The one thing I wish would happen with the vehicle selection is to have the bikes not share the same stats.

All insides except the Master Cycle have the same stats, only tyres really matter on the stats, which I don't mind since I lover the Inner Bike stats but I'm kinda disappointed with the lack of variety though. I reckon the Jet Bike could have been more speedy while the Sport Bike wouldn't have much of a Grip issue.

Anyway, am I the only one who is sick of Baby Park. I love the chaos it brings but it always gets picked online, it just gets annoying. It's like Mario Party, good for the laughs but outstays its welcome way too quickly. At least Big Blue ain't just an Oval

The one thing I wish would happen with the vehicle selection is to have the bikes not share the same stats.

All insides except the Master Cycle have the same stats, only tyres really matter on the stats, which I don't mind since I lover the Inner Bike stats but I'm kinda disappointed with the lack of variety though. I reckon the Jet Bike could have been more speedy while the Sport Bike wouldn't have much of a Grip issue.

Anyway, am I the only one who is sick of Baby Park. I love the chaos it brings but it always gets picked online, it just gets annoying. It's like Mario Party, good for the laughs but outstays its welcome way too quickly. At least Big Blue ain't just an Oval
I said from the beginning that Baby Park is a bad addition, Excitebike Arena is a less primitive, more fun, exciting track with a much better soundtrack and nice gimmick.

I said from the beginning that Baby Park is a bad addition, Excitebike Arena is a less primitive, more fun, exciting track with a much better soundtrack and nice gimmick.
I reckon what hurts it is its popularity. I love the track but WAY too many love WAY too much. The track is also probably the most unbalanced track of the lot too, however; Like mentioned before each track favours a different vehicle (Straight and Sharp Hairpins favour Karts, Water favour ATVs, The Rest favour Bikes). This track is nothing but Sharp Hairpins and Straights, I've tried this with all vehicles, Bikes and ATVs are the only vehicles the require braking, slowing them down a lot.

Might take a while for them to be properly sent then ;)...

or, just in case.... Did you upload them to MKTV using the Highlight Reel?

Though, perhaps the issue was you added me AFTER you uploaded them so you might have to upload them again...
Saw this just now. I sent my 2nd attempt for 1-A. Maybe I should re-upload my 1-B attempt for you and see if that works?

Back